Hello,
    I took advantage of the restocking of passports at amazon.com and placed an order. I hope that it will be shipped to me early next week, so I wanted to get ready. My current phone is an iphone 4s, and I'll be making the switch when my new blackberry arrives. I do have a few questions which I hope you guys can help with to make this transition as smooth as possible.

1) I deactivated the iMessages feature on my phone. My understanding is that in a coupe of days that should propagate through apple's system so that I'll be able to receive text messages from iphone users on my blackberry. Is that all I need to do to be good to go next week?

2) Since my iphone 4s doesn't get LTE, how can I get LTE enabled on my new phone? I have no prior LTE enabled phone with an IMIE to give AT&T. Can I just tell them, "please input a Z10 IMIE so that my phone will be recognized as LTE capabable?" Is that something they should be able to do? Or will I need to wait until the passport is officially supported? It's not as critical, since I only get 4G speed on my 4s anyway, but it would be nice to have my phone fully working out of the box.

3) Memory expansion. I figure I might as well go ahead and get a memory card. Will any microSD memory card work? Is there a size (GB) limit to what the phone can recognize? Should I go with some specific brand or will any generic card do? Oh, and will I need to format it? or can the phone do that?

4) speaking of the memory card, does it show up in the file manager as separate storage? Or does the extra space get merged with the space on the phone like it's one big hard drive? I'm mainly curious as it might be desirable to have multiple memory cards (say one with my mp3 collection, a separate one with photos and movies, etc..)

Thank you so much! Can hardly wait to get my new berry
    10-03-14 12:52 PM
    Hello,
    I took advantage of the restocking of passports at amazon.com and placed an order. I hope that it will be shipped to me early next week, so I wanted to get ready. My current phone is an iphone 4s, and I'll be making the switch when my new blackberry arrives. I do have a few questions which I hope you guys can help with to make this transition as smooth as possible.

1) I deactivated the iMessages feature on my phone. My understanding is that in a coupe of days that should propagate through apple's system so that I'll be able to receive text messages from iphone users on my blackberry. Is that all I need to do to be good to go next week?

This should be the only thing you have to do. If it doesn't fix it, you may have to call apple.

2) Since my iphone 4s doesn't get LTE, how can I get LTE enabled on my new phone? I have no prior LTE enabled phone with an IMIE to give AT&T. Can I just tell them, "please input a Z10 IMIE so that my phone will be recognized as LTE capabable?" Is that something they should be able to do? Or will I need to wait until the passport is officially supported? It's not as critical, since I only get 4G speed on my 4s anyway, but it would be nice to have my phone fully working out of the box.

You should be able to use the imei from a Z10 for this.

3) Memory expansion. I figure I might as well go ahead and get a memory card. Will any microSD memory card work? Is there a size (GB) limit to what the phone can recognize? Should I go with some specific brand or will any generic card do? Oh, and will I need to format it? or can the phone do that?

I believe 64GB is the max you can use. Your phone can format the card if needed. All cards should work fine, but in order to be able to record 1080p video it needs to be a newer card for accessing speed.

4) speaking of the memory card, does it show up in the file manager as separate storage? Or does the extra space get merged with the space on the phone like it's one big hard drive? I'm mainly curious as it might be desirable to have multiple memory cards (say one with my mp3 collection, a separate one with photos and movies, etc..)

The memory card shows up as a separate drive in the file manager.

Thank you so much! Can hardly wait to get my new berry

Posted via CB10
    qabb likes this.
    10-03-14 01:04 PM
    Correction to the above post. The passport supports upto 128 GB cards.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 01:10 PM
    1) That, unfortunately we won't know for sure until you test it out. If you have tried these steps, you have done all you can: Can?t receive text messages on a non-Apple phone

2) First off, you will need a nano SIM. I'm not sure if the 4s uses one, so you'll need to get it from an AT&T store. Re: the IMEI, I don't think reps generate fake IMEIs for customers any more, but you can give them a dummy IMEI for provisioning purposes. Here is a Z10 IMEI from which you can create a dummy IMEI: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...2/#post9967770

3) I believe they can take up to 128GB with formatting, but to be safe, go with 64GB. Based on successful personal usage, I recommend SanDisk, Kingston, and PNY.

4) Separate from on-device storage
    10-03-14 01:13 PM
    Thanks everyone! it's good to know!
    10-03-14 08:00 PM