Hello Community,
    I want to ask if it's enough to use 2G for What's App, CB and a bit browsing the the Mobile Pages?

It will take of course a bit longer to load then 3G but it will not use that much Battery?

And how about having 2G all the Time open to get my What's App and BBM Messages in? Or better 3G? Or it will consume more Battery life as well?

 P A S S P O R T [ S E ]  | CB App |
    Ralph V likes this.
    06-07-16 12:30 AM
    yes, 2G is over for social and better safe a battery life))
    06-07-16 12:54 AM
    From experience
    2G uses the most battery
    3G is better.
    Ideally to optimize battery when I'm connected to 4G LTE or WiFi.

Posted via CB10
    paulsebastiant likes this.
    06-07-16 05:14 AM
    LTE its better but depends from carrier to carrier MHz band.
    06-07-16 06:08 AM
    Now I have 3 diffrent answers.

It doesn't make it easier for me now haha.

06-08-16 10:07 AM
    Technically, setting the Passport to 2G mode will allow for the best battery performance (longest standby time).

On BB10, setting the Passport to 2G will still allow emails, BBM, Whatsapp and other services to work flawlessly.

That's how I run my Passport. I set it to 2G, with data switched on. If I need to browse the Internet, I'll manually switch it to 3G, and then back again to 2G when I'm done.

I find that my 2 year old Passport will last for around 14 hours (100% to 0%) when I utilise it in this manner.

The 2G networks in Singapore will be decommissioned come April 2017, so it will be 3G all the way for my black Passport when that time comes.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-08-16 07:51 PM
    Up until now I use the same setting 3G always for my passport.

2G works great with the email, whatsapp and BBM but it can be irritating to use for web browsing. I use it occasionally to save the battery though.

From  PPSE
    06-08-16 07:56 PM
    Technically, setting the Passport to 2G mode will allow for the best battery performance (longest standby time).

On BB10, setting the Passport to 2G will still allow emails, BBM, Whatsapp and other services to work flawlessly.

That's how I run my Passport. I set it to 2G, with data switched on. If I need to browse the Internet, I'll manually switch it to 3G, and then back again to 2G when I'm done.

I find that my 2 year old Passport will last for around 14 hours (100% to 0%) when I utilise it in this manner.

The 2G networks in Singapore will be decommissioned come April 2017, so it will be 3G all the way for my black Passport when that time comes.

Good to know there's other Blackberry user in Singapore consider Blackberry is not popular at all here and I see a lot of people trying to dump their passport in cheaper price.

From  PPSE
    06-08-16 07:58 PM
    Good to know there's other Blackberry user in Singapore consider Blackberry is not popular at all here and I see a lot of people trying to dump their passport in cheaper price.

From  PPSE
    I hope to eventually get a PP SE later on, after this black PP dies (if it ever does)!

06-08-16 08:07 PM
    It depends, if you use 2G and your carrier 2G signal is not good it'll keep searching over and over and the battery will drain faster, same for 3G and LTE.
    Best thing to do is to ask about the one with the best signal in your area and stick with it

Posted via CB10
    06-08-16 08:10 PM
    Moegh is correct. If the signal is not optimal, the device will keep searching for signals, which ultimately uses more battery. That being said, 2G should be available everywhere.

But more importantly: If your are receiving/transmitting bigger packets than 2G can handle, your device will send more requests to communicate the data, which again will consume more battery.

My recommendation? Why bother, if you have close to full 4G LTE coverage, stick with it.

Passport.
    06-08-16 09:45 PM
    Thank you very much Ramiusem for this detailed Information. And also to the others for helping me to find the right decision for me and to save also Battery life on my beloved BlackBerry Passport SE. I will try to do the same also. Using most of the time 2G and only open it for Browsing or bigger Files.

The most of the time I only need it for messaging in what's app or BBM only.

My area is switching the most of the time switching from 4G to 3G.

06-09-16 11:49 AM
    2G is good enough to save battery I am CFO in my company and having facility of 4G on my classic but I prefer 2G to obtain better life of battery also satisfy receiving mails and whatsapp msgs.

Posted via my @ Classic
    06-09-16 02:10 PM
    2G is good enough to save battery I am CFO in my company and having facility of 4G on my classic but I prefer 2G to obtain better life of battery also satisfy receiving mails and whatsapp msgs.

Posted via my @ Classic
    Thank you very much, it is good to hear that people really just use 2G for receiving and sending messages.

Hoping to get more out of my BlackBerry Battery now

06-09-16 02:15 PM
    Internet use 2G or better 3G?-img_20160612_164520.png

I have to ask this, first Time I got this Simbol: "4GLTE"?

I thought there is only 4G or LTE.

06-12-16 12:02 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160612_164520.png 
Views:	91 
Size:	256.5 KB 
ID:	401970

I have to ask this, first Time I got this Simbol: "4GLTE"?

I thought there is only 4G or LTE.

LTE is a faster 4G
    From slowest to fastest I've seen the following on my passport.
    cdm
    3G
    4G
    4G LTE

Posted via CB10
    06-13-16 11:48 PM
    Moegh is correct. If the signal is not optimal, the device will keep searching for signals, which ultimately uses more battery. That being said, 2G should be available everywhere.

But more importantly: If your are receiving/transmitting bigger packets than 2G can handle, your device will send more requests to communicate the data, which again will consume more battery.

My recommendation? Why bother, if you have close to full 4G LTE coverage, stick with it.

Passport.
    This is so true. My Passport used to be set to 2G/3G and 4G (LTE), and a lot of my outgoing emails seem to get stuck in the Hub. Moving it to 3G and 4G only improved my Phone's performance and now none of my outgoing emails get stuck.

Using 2G only or even 3G only will only work if your carrier's signal and coverage for either 2G or 3G is strong.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-16 12:42 PM
    LTE is a faster 4G
    From slowest to fastest I've seen the following on my passport.
    cdm
    3G
    4G
    4G LTE

Posted via CB10
    Actually, on my Passport I've seen the following symbols:
    GPRS
    2G
    3G
    H
    H+
    4G

I've never seen 4G LTE.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-16 12:45 PM
    I always get 4G LTE as soon as I reboot my phone. A few seconds/ a minute later, it turns to 4G.

I have never seen anything other than 3G and 4G on my Passport, regardless of my signal strength. If I go somewhere without 3G coverage, I loose connectivity entirely.

Passport.
    06-14-16 01:09 PM
    Actually, on my Passport I've seen the following symbols:
    GPRS
    2G
    3G
    H
    H+
    4G

I've never seen 4G LTE.

Posted via CB10
    I have T-Mobile as my carrier. And live in a bigger city. So I see the 4G LTE quite often.
    06-18-16 09:29 AM
    So it means maybe it also depends on the Provider if it showes the 4GL LTE or only is available in very big City's.

06-22-16 08:34 AM