Hey guys,

I've never owned a Blackberry before and I have never been one to upgrade to the latest phones (I currently have an iPhone 4 handmedown) but this Passport has me completely sold, and I am frothing at the mouth to get my hands on one.

I've noticed that the rollout plan is *relatively* limited in that it excludes a lot of countries, and that they have been very quiet on the release dates in these countries. Does anyone know anything about these international releases or is everyone completely in the dark as I am?

Cheers
    10-06-14 07:05 PM
    where are you located? can always get one off ebay if you pay a premium. just make sure the bands are the same
    10-06-14 07:08 PM
    Australia. My only concern is if I don't go through official channels, I wouldn't be able to return it if the unit somehow happens to be defective. Just called up Telstra and the lady knew nothing about it, although I would prefer to get mine unlocked.
    10-06-14 07:11 PM
    Australia. My only concern is if I don't go through official channels, I wouldn't be able to return it if the unit somehow happens to be defective. Just called up Telstra and the lady knew nothing about it, although I would prefer to get mine unlocked.
    not sure about this, but you will probably still have warranty with original receipt. unlocking is cheap anyways, only about $20
    10-06-14 07:32 PM
    That's assuming the ebay seller posts their receipt from their official channel to me right? I can handle the wait, I just can't handle not knowing when it will be released haha
    10-06-14 07:44 PM
    Hi jwpp,
    The current rumour mill has only Optus business stocking the device but the rumour mill also said that Optus would be stocking the Z30 and that didn't eventuate. I've been pretty active on the Optus forum trying to get a response out of them since it seems that they are the only ones in this country who have even the remotest possibility of stocking the device. I walked in store this morning and received the response 'we're not getting it in.' I think that just about tells the story on the Passport for Australia. Unless you're prepared to spend a bit more getting it sent from overseas it's not coming to our shores.
    This isn't BlackBerry Australia's fault, although a little more presence would be positive. This is squarely on the carriers who have decided to drop the BlackBerry brand altogether. Some stores may have old Q10 and Z10/30's available, but for the most part, Australia may just be the first nation to as a whole abandon BlackBerry.
    10-06-14 07:54 PM
    I went into a Telstra store and asked about it and was told they aren't stocking anything BlackBerry.. no phones, not even accessories.

So keep an eye on shopblackberry.com and get it posted. Now only if I could time it right and get one.. it's a small window before they sell out every time they re stock..

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 07:59 PM
    Gah that's so short sighted. Yeah I heard about the optus business - I guess we'll have to see how it pans out, I doubt shop assistants have any clue about those kind of things.

Are you guys going to buy it online? Through shopblackberry you need a US / Can address which I don't have, not sure what the deal is with amazon whether we can purchase using an Australian credit card to an Australian address
    10-06-14 08:40 PM
    I went and bought one off ShopBB as I managed to get hold of one of the mods here. Cost US$477.33 inc tax shipped to Chicago. Another US$125 to get shipped to NZ on a 3 day FedEx. And I still gotta pay customs NZ$160.00 to release. All up I guess I am paying US$699.00 + Tax?

Still cheaper than the retailers in Oz or anywhere else.
    10-06-14 08:46 PM
    I went to a telstra shop and the lady said "we aren't getting it because the last ones were all flops... But I used to work at the flagship store and know that the staff knows very little, to nothing, about upcoming devices, so I'm gonna go back and ask the tech that I know used to test every new device(i think he's on vacation though).

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 10:00 PM
    I went and bought one off ShopBB as I managed to get hold of one of the mods here. Cost US$477.33 inc tax shipped to Chicago. Another US$125 to get shipped to NZ on a 3 day FedEx. And I still gotta pay customs NZ$160.00 to release. All up I guess I am paying US$699.00 + Tax?

Still cheaper than the retailers in Oz or anywhere else.
    ouch 160 dollars for customs clearance? as far as i know in aus any import under $1000 is free! and how did you get the $477 passport? coupon?
    10-06-14 10:11 PM
    I noticed that the Canadian Shop BlackBerry storefront says that they ship to any country that doesn't have trade sanctions with the US. I'm going to see if I can get one through them once the come back in stock. The exchange rate is much more promising from Canada.
    10-06-14 11:46 PM
    I noticed that the Canadian Shop BlackBerry storefront says that they ship to any country that doesn't have trade sanctions with the US. I'm going to see if I can get one through them once the come back in stock. The exchange rate is much more promising from Canada.
    Where did you see that Chaplain_Clancy?
    10-07-14 12:08 AM
    10-07-14 12:51 AM
    When you go into the page where you input your address, it only gives a Canada option. Bummer.
    10-07-14 06:13 AM