I was reading some of the comments on GSM arena for the Passport and please read below:

LookingForANewPhone
    Rating0

We have one in our office, the build is sturdy and I'm really amazed by its performance, very fast and responsive, it's one of the best in all the mobile devices that we have so far, the square shape actually is very good for reading/viewing documents.

Have to say BB did a great job for this one.

If I wasn't bit badly by the worst BB (Storm) 5 years ago, I probably would buy the passport with no questions.

But anyway it seriously has become one of my options. My other options are OPO and MI4 or Nexus 6.

P.S. we are a mobile app company and have all kinds of mobile devices from the oldest to the most latest.

2014-08-29 00:16
    T2Ey
    H

wbug
    Rating1

The casing is stainless steel. The back is composed of a very durable porcelain-like material, very grippy. Screen is the clearest of any phone I have tested, excellent anti-reflection. Very bright. Back camera supports 4K video recording. 720p at 120fps and 1080p at 60fps, 4K support will be added with OS 10.3.1. Battery lasted me 22 hours, HEAVY duty use. (Downloaded movies the entire day). GPU is clocked at 450mhz and RAM is 800mhz. The unit I am testing is actually clocked at 2.15Ghz. They finally added proper screen protection. Does support panorama and plays every android app I throw at it as if it was natively coded. (about 90%) OS 10.3 has an equaliser (lol,finally). Connections not already named is Display Port 1.2. HTML scores are higher than any other browser. The device is highly optimised providing flawless performance. Stand out features: Screen - Design materials - Keyboard - Browser - Sound volume and quality (loudest and clearest of any "phablet" which I would call it, or smartphone. 2 stereo speakers and 4 microphones. High definition audio processing and is equiped with "dual" antennas which provides excellent reception. Oh yes, SD card support is 128GB and it looks wayyyy better in-person. Feels slightly heavy/solid but it is because of the metal casing and build materials. The white and black versions are made of different materials, I would suggest you go for black as it looks/feels better. Hope this helps to clear up any loose ends.

Its interesting that he says 10.3.1 will enable 4k recording and 22 hour with HEAVY use,

What do you guys think ??
    serbanescu and Arjun Sahota like this.
    08-29-14 10:53 AM
    I think the reasoning of not buying a Passport because of a device from 5 years ago is absolutely ridiculous.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    08-29-14 11:01 AM
    I think the reasoning of not buying a Passport because of a device from 5 years ago is absolutely ridiculous.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    Exactly what I saying plus how are you going to compare a storm to the passport....lol

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 11:04 AM

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    Well, maybe not that ridiculous if, for example, he jad trouble with and did experience a very poor Blackberry suport in this or so...
    Previous experience to a brand is often a big criteria for any further purchases... It took a long time for me to eventually envisage purchasing an Acer notebook while they highly increased the build quality and so on... Just because of past facts...

Anyway the review is interesting and it reinforces me willing this device even if I'm still not completely convinced by the form factor.
    Another thing I find dumb is the usage of nano sim, I really don't understand the objective but, nevertheless, I'm really curious to see that "buddy" in person Hope I will have this chance (I doubt it as in France Blackberry seems to already be dead)...
    08-29-14 11:47 AM
    it was RIM back then, not blackberry and also different management
    08-29-14 12:23 PM
    As I said previously, the Passport is a gamchanger.

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    08-29-14 12:26 PM

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    Regardless what his opinion is about BlackBerry, that is his choice, respecting other people opinion is a must.

Sent from my outdated Z10
    08-29-14 12:26 PM
    Regardless what his opinion is about BlackBerry, that is his choice, respecting other people opinion is a must.

That is true however comparing a phone that was released 5 years ago is like saying oh I had a HTC Dream (First android device) and since then I just dont like android and will never try them again. This is the mobile industry things change rapidly. However yes I will respect his opinion...
    neoberry99 likes this.
    08-29-14 12:42 PM
    Phones have had quantum changes in th last five years. His experience must have been particularly bad.

Last edited by LoneStarRed; 08-29-14 at 09:11 PM.
    08-29-14 12:45 PM

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    I think he stated he would have bought it, "no questions asked", but it is on his list. He doesn't say he won't buy it.

Z30 144GB
    08-29-14 03:16 PM
    and plays every android app I throw at it as if it was natively coded. (about 90%)
    this is a good thing to attract consumer market
    08-29-14 03:25 PM
    I want one simply because of the form factor for my work. The specs on it just make me want it more. This review is not helping my impatience.
    08-29-14 03:52 PM
    This device looks so great. I will buy it whatever the price.

Posted via my Q10
    Resilience likes this.
    08-29-14 08:07 PM
    This device looks so great. I will buy it whatever the price.

Posted via my Q10
    Same here price has no concern to me...I can't wait to pick one up

Posted via CB10
    Resilience likes this.
    08-29-14 08:54 PM
    The op's review seems too good to be true.

Z30 user and lover.
    08-29-14 09:08 PM
    Double post.
    08-29-14 09:12 PM
    Dbl post

08-29-14 09:13 PM

Opinion must be respected (or ignored in the worst case), but flawed logic should be allowed to be criticized.

If I decided not to buy an iPhone because of missing copy-and-paste in the first gen model, then it would probably be seen as equally flawed logic.

I can't buy and enjoy Windows 7 Pro because Me (Millennium Edition) was buggy and totally crash-prone.... ?

Or eating at a certain restaurant five years ago will not be the same as today's experience, left alone if the management has changed once or more times ...

Going by that logic, tech companies and their products would never be given a second chance, but in the end even they are human or made by human beings, same as us.

Yes, I understand he did not rule out buying the Passport and it's still on his list.

No offense. :-)

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    Dave Bourque and Katika99 like this.
    08-30-14 06:50 PM
    Good find. Thanks for sharing

White Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1925 = heaven.
    08-31-14 06:53 AM
    The white and black versions are made of different materials, I would suggest you go for black as it looks/feels better. Hope this helps to clear up any loose ends.
    So you had hands-on experience with the white unit as well? When you say the black feels better, is it heavier? I'm all about the white phones so any insights you can share into the white Passport would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: I just realized that OP was quoting someone's comment on another article. So I don't expect a response but do thank the OP for sharing!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by danfrancisco; 08-31-14 at 08:48 AM.
    08-31-14 08:36 AM
    So you had hands-on experience with the white unit as well? When you say the black feels better, is it heavier? I'm all about the white phones so any insights you can share into the white Passport would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: I just realized that OP was quoting someone's comment on another article. So I don't expect a response but do thank the OP for sharing!

Posted via CB10
    It's all good . Well remember the blackberry version of bb10 phones have always felt better plus the white one will get dirty way too easily.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 09:52 AM
    What? 720@120? Bla1ze, you lied to me! I'm heartbroken..

pin:2B7CAF06
    08-31-14 09:58 AM
    Well I bought a crappy Z10 but that didn't stop me from picking up a great Q10 and Z30...
    08-31-14 09:59 AM
    Well I bought a crappy Z10 but that didn't stop me from picking up a great Q10 and Z30...
    If you're a diehard fan, you'd buy anything from BB, no matter how great or crappy it is. ;-)

Posted from an ME173X
    08-31-14 10:29 AM

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    Yup. Would've been more credible if he mentioned something recent, like Z10's supposedly horrendous battery life or Q10's double typing issue.

Posted from an ME173X
    08-31-14 10:34 AM
28 12