OK. 2 days ago out of the blue my Passport loses cellular signal ( AT&T). the next day I receive intermittent and VERY short bursts of signal, enough time for maybe 2 or three texts to be received. since the bursts of signal i have had nothing.
    The phone recognizes when there is and isn't a SIM inserted. and it even recognizes it is an ATT SIM card. but not cell signal as if the Antenna were missing. It also doesn't not have the red X it has the phone and Red ! exclamation point.
    EDIT: thought, Could AT&T have mistakenly had my IMEI blocked? I ran a IMEI checker and one website said it was not recognized for AT&T. Been using this phone for a year on ATT and never had an issue.
    Interesting SIM scenario Emergency calls only-img_20151215_003407.jpg
    Things I have tried:
    reset
    factory wipe and install newest OS 10.3.2.2813
    replace SIM
    Screaming at phone
    wiping away tears
    gone back to the Z10 for time being.

ANY SUGGESTIONS ARE WELCOME!
    12-14-15 11:38 PM
    I am experiencing the exact same issue as yourself. When I do a manual search of the provider it shows Chatr (that's who I am using in Canada), but when I select the network I get a pop up that display "Emergency Calls only". I checked our Canadian database to ensure that the IMEI is not blacklisted and it shows it is in good order. I have also tried the following:
    1. Reset the device
    2. Wipe the device
    3. Clean the sim
    4. Tried the sim in other handsets to make sure it is in good order
    5. Turned off all radios, restarted handset and then turned radio back on.
    6. Tuned network on and off

Did you have your sim cut to fit your passport or is it an original nano sim?

Have not tried:
    1. Installing an older radio version on the device to backtrack
    2. Calling Chatr to ask if it is something on their end
    3. Check the sim card (mine was cut to a smaller size, even though it works in myZ30 in its current size with an adapter)

The only other thing is that maybe this device doesn't work on Chatr because Chatr is basically Rogers Wireless but with an older network. The device is unlocked.

Will keep you posted if I find a solution to this problem.
    01-04-16 10:41 AM
    Call or better yet go to your service provider (s)
    01-04-16 10:44 AM
    Sounds like my issue - http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1053869 - I wiped away tears, sweat and (after waiting for a data wipe to finish) saliva....

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-14-16 05:36 PM
    I too had this issue with my 2nd passport replacement unit under warranty. That said, I have tried several methods to resolve the issue, yet no luck.

1. Update to the latest OS
    2. Security wipe
    3. SIC wipe with PC
    4. Manually scan network but it wouldn't connect

The only scenario where it would connect was outdoor in a wide open area. Even when it connected, the 4G signal was shown full bars, but the connection speed was 1/10 of the usual speed.

I also put my sim to another passport to test out if I had a faulty sim, but the sim worked just fine. At the end, I sent back my passport for another replacement, and hopefully BlackBerry will acknowledge this issue.

Again, I am worried that BlackBerry quality control has dropped dramatically, having had to replace three units.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-16 08:23 PM
    BTW, here were the attachments

Interesting SIM scenario Emergency calls only-img_20160113_054101.png
    Interesting SIM scenario Emergency calls only-img_20160113_054051.png
    Interesting SIM scenario Emergency calls only-img_20160113_054125.png
    Interesting SIM scenario Emergency calls only-img_20160112_013240.png
    Interesting SIM scenario Emergency calls only-img_20160111_152044.png

Posted via CB10
    01-14-16 08:26 PM
    I noticed with my passport SE that the signal quality was very poor when on the LTE networks. As I switched to just 4G, I was good to go.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-16 11:28 PM
    BALLS.......mine has been in the emergency loop for the last 2 days. I guess it's off to check out the Priv. If not the Priv, I will be jumping to the note5. No warranty on this one. Oh well.
    01-21-16 10:56 PM
    My brother had this issue.

First thing he did was go to TMO and get a new sim. Still nothing.
    Called blackberry, sent logs.
    2 days later they shipped him a warranty replacement.
    01-22-16 07:57 AM
    On APN put Internet

Straight from the beast.... Passport
    01-22-16 09:44 AM
    Is there a fix to this problem. For me all this started to happen when I did a hard reset.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-16 10:04 PM
    Any update? I guess everybody in this thread just left the forum

Posted via CB10
    02-10-16 09:28 PM
    I had my passport replaced under warranty, despite the unit was brand new with build date 12/14/2015. That said, I concluded it was due to faulty hardware, or else BlackBerry would not have replaced it.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-16 10:13 PM
    I had my passport replaced under warranty, despite the unit was brand new with build date 12/14/2015. That said, I concluded it was due to faulty hardware, or else BlackBerry would not have replaced it.

Posted via CB10
    Same here. Sent the passport in for warranty repair and they sent me back a brand new device. The phone worked perfectly fine for three months. Woke up one morning and had the sim not detected. Most likely faulty hardware. 

Posted via CB10
    02-10-16 11:24 PM
    Mine went back under warranty (luckily the place I bought it from has 2 years on all phones, it was just over 1 year since purchase). It was taking ages to repair, so they offered me a refurbished Passport, but I asked them if I could pay a premium and get a new Priv instead. So that's what I've got now. Loving it so far although battery life isn't as good as the Passport.
    02-11-16 02:24 AM