Wouldn't it be cool if the letters change and light up to be a totally different key? Like the qwerty changes to 12345. Now that would be amazing

Posted via CB10
    That's exactly what I've been thinking!
    Now that will be something to gloat about

Posted via my STILL NEW Zed30
    06-24-14 09:35 PM
    That's exactly what I've been thinking!
    Now that will be something to gloat about

Posted via my STILL NEW Zed30
    This won't happen considering making each keyboard a small screen. That would cost a fortune.
    06-24-14 10:04 PM
    That's exactly how it works, read the post again. Double tapping enables the cursor and then holding your finger on the keyboard and moving it enables you to select text.

Posted via CB10
    I am thinking the way to select text would be like this:
    1. Double tap to show the cursor, and you move the cursor wherever you want to start selecting text with (like trackpad)
    2. Hold one finger still on the keyboard. Drag the second finger over the surface of keyboard to select text

Just like multi fingers gesture since we don't have SHIFT key. I don't know how it really works, just guessing.
    06-24-14 10:07 PM
    I don't know. I've been using a touch screen keyboard for so many years i totally forgotten how to press buttons.

On one hand the passport sounds amazing. On the other I might just wait for a full touch - as I'm much more used to those. I'm happily rocking my z10 at the moment.
    06-24-14 10:30 PM
    Love this thread and incredibly JACKED for the Passport! I cannot wait for CrackBerry's review of the device followed by me making it rain loonies and toonies to the tune of (hopefully no more than) $699+HST at the nearest Rogers store!

Posted via CB10
    06-24-14 10:45 PM
    SMH. How can you guys be arguing about a phone that you don't know all the facts. Very comical and silly indeed.

Posted via CB10
    No, no....let'em go.

"BB POWERED " C001C1D66
    06-24-14 10:50 PM
    I find it very peculiar for BlackBerry to make such a mistake... one would think the BlackBerry Blogs are very controlled in which information gets released or not, particularly with interesting information such as the keyboard of the BlackBerry Passport. This creates a bit of mystery but to me also some confusion. Perhaps this publish and retract is an intelligent PR-move, but I think it looks amateurish.

About the keyboard and the phone itself: I find it very hard to stop thinking about it!
    06-25-14 12:00 AM
    Is that the blend icon at the bottom right of the passport?

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    06-25-14 12:22 AM
    It doesn't work well when you're editing text. You need the single tap to place the cursor anywhere.
    Not tap on the screen. Tap on the keyboard.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    06-25-14 12:40 AM
    Or alternatively it's conceptual...

1. Double tap to enter precision editing mode.
    2. Single tap to lock cursor at start of selection.
    3. Drag to the end of selection.
    4. Single tap to confirm selection.

Done.
    Hmm, I think a SHIFT key is still needed. For example when sending a text message and you want to start a new line, or when you want to switch to upper case.

Maybe SHIFT is a tap and hold on any key?

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 01:27 AM
    Two words. Totally sold.
    Please bring it already maybe I'll stop calling my
    9800 back to duty on weekends. Enjoying and loving
    the Z10 at the moment but I guess touch screen typing
    just isn't my thing or I've used the BB physical keyboard
    for too long to make the switch now, so the Passport will
    surely be my next phone.
    06-25-14 02:01 AM
    I understood this for chosing a special character:
    Say you want to write an accented e'
    So you long-press the letter E, then you tap E on the keyboard many times till you get the accent you need.
    On my Q, a little window pops up and I chose that needed letter from the screen. (see my screenshot)
    On the passport, you don't need to touch the screen, so it stays clean, you type/swipe/brush/flick on the keyboard and concentrate on the screen!

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!! Please don't delay the release date!!!! (as made sometimes)!!!!!!!!!!

Inside BlackBerry - How the BlackBerry Passport Re-Invents the Smartphone Keyboard-img_20140625_090944.png

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    BroncoVAL likes this.
    06-25-14 02:12 AM
    The lack of SHIFT and ALT keys is a sticking point for me. I don't really see how "swipe for on-screen menu, choose from touch screen" is quicker than hammering "ALT + key" for punctuation. At the moment I can type out full sentences with my eyes closed. With the passport I'd have to be looking at the touch screen for punctuation - and that really sucks.
    06-25-14 02:16 AM
    The lack of SHIFT and ALT keys is a sticking point for me. I don't really see how "swipe for on-screen menu, choose from touch screen" is quicker than hammering "ALT + key" for punctuation. At the moment I can type out full sentences with my eyes closed. With the passport I'd have to be looking at the touch screen for punctuation - and that really sucks.
    Let's wait and see... I am sure they reserved a big surprise... I suppose there is a "screen part" with a row of punctuation and so, that pops up, like they said, if you type in a mail field, there is an @ that pops up, or a web adress field, there are \\ and : that pop up... My only concern, is how can we continue to type without taping on the screen... are there shortcuts??

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    06-25-14 02:30 AM
    I'm sold. So many unanswered questions answered. Even if it's just 80% true. Of course will need to try it out first, but I can wait. Whether the Classic or Passport, I can't wait to have a cursor back.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 02:48 AM
    That's exactly how it works, read the post again. Double tapping enables the cursor and then holding your finger on the keyboard and moving it enables you to select text.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, the post talks about the text cursor, I'm referring to the fact I want a mouse cursor when I'm not in text mode.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 03:10 AM
    Yes, the post talks about the text cursor, I'm referring to the fact I want a mouse cursor when I'm not in text mode.

Posted via CB10
    A text cursor at the moment is priority I think. But a mouse cursor would be awesome as well. Fits with the idea that the keyboard is all you need for input. On my Q10 it happens quite a lot that I accidentally press the wrong link when viewing webpages. A mouse cursor could aid in such situations.
    06-25-14 04:08 AM
    A text cursor at the moment is priority I think. But a mouse cursor would be awesome as well. Fits with the idea that the keyboard is all you need for input. On my Q10 it happens quite a lot that I accidentally press the wrong link when viewing webpages. A mouse cursor could aid in such situations.
    Even just in the Web browser this would be extremely useful but it would be great if it worked across the whole OS. It would be ideal too for browsing desktop Web pages that use mouse-over menus as these can be hit and miss using touch screens. I'm sure it would be easy to make this an option as bb10 already has mouse support. Double tapping the keyboard could toggle between text and mouse cursors?

I really hope this has been implemented, I will still probably pick one of these up shortly after launch as my upgrade is due early October (I also become eligible for a business device in September so crossing my fingers that this will be available!) but now I've thought about how useful this would be I would be slightly disappointed if it wasn't a feature.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 04:34 AM
    Even just in the Web browser this would be extremely useful but it would be great if it worked across the whole OS. It would be ideal too for browsing desktop Web pages that use mouse-over menus as these can be hit and miss using touch screens. I'm sure it would be easy to make this an option as bb10 already has mouse support. Double tapping the keyboard could toggle between text and mouse cursors?

I really hope this has been implemented, I will still probably pick one of these up shortly after launch as my upgrade is due early October (I also become eligible for a business device in September so crossing my fingers that this will be available!) but now I've thought about how useful this would be I would be slightly disappointed if it wasn't a feature.

Posted via CB10
    Well, I definitely agree. Ha, I guess I'd now be disappointed as well if this remains theoretical. I hate mouse-over menu's on my phone!
    06-25-14 04:42 AM
    It could operate like it does currently. Just swipe down.

Posted from my big beautiful BlackBerry Z30!!! I love this phone!!
    06-25-14 05:35 AM
    Mind blowing!!!
    06-25-14 06:29 AM
    major plus to scrolling with keyboard....no more accidentally clicking ads when scrolling on touch screen.
    No you'll get them when accidentally swiping your kb lol
    06-25-14 06:49 AM
    Awesome!

Check Out TechCraze
    06-25-14 07:05 AM
    I *HOPE* they removed the blog because someone with half a brain asked "wouldn't it be easier if we showed a video of how to keyboard works rather than typing it out", thus avoiding any debates and having to read between the lines.

Either put out a well formed promo video, or stop showing the device (via weird angled facing crotch pics) ... and stop blogging about it.

You can change the ceo, again & again, but you can't change old habits I guess.
    06-25-14 07:30 AM
    I *HOPE* they removed the blog because someone with half a brain asked "wouldn't it be easier if we showed a video of how to keyboard works rather than typing it out", thus avoiding any debates and having to read between the lines.

Either put out a well formed promo video, or stop showing the device (via weird angled facing crotch pics) ... and stop blogging about it.

You can change the ceo, again & again, but you can't change old habits I guess.
    A promotional video showing of the keyboard of the Passport is indeed very important. It can tells that much more in a short video...

But about the blogs.. perhaps they are allowed to post without minimal redaction from upper hand?
    06-25-14 07:34 AM
128 12345 ...