12-06-15 03:49 AM
36 12
tools
    Keyboard is much softer and much less stiff, ya? Seriously? Not biased or anything? Because that's the most important factor for me.

BlackBerry Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2339 on Telkomsel Network
    I find it quite a bit softer, but not mushy. Hard to explain without actually trying it, but a noticeable difference. I find it to be very much improved, but this is also likely a very individual opinion. I do find that my typing is much faster and one of the main reasons I'll stick with the silver over the red version even though I like the look of the red a little better. I wish the silver was a little more like the space grey color of the iphone.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-15 06:49 AM
    What wories me the most is top of the plastic that is around keys, watch from 0:40

...also on 2:06 here
    lesarmitage and wincyUt like this.
    08-08-15 03:13 PM
    Sorry for late responses. Wanted to use for a whole day and night before I responded further. I will try to answer every question...

The top right of the screen at first seemed to sit a tiny bit higher than left, but upon further inspection not really.

I can feel where the screen begins because I am feeling a screen protector on it, otherwise it would not be noticeable... it sits very flush to the metal.

There is no gap between where the metal ends and screen begins. It is machined perfectly.

The keys are soft and consistent across the entire keyboard. I would say on par or just a tad softer than ATT version.

The sim cover matches the color of the phone and does not stick out on either side. It is uniform.

Power button is very flush with the top and sometimes gets frustrating, I wish it protruded a bit more.

I keep it in my front pocket on my shirt, or sometimes in my loose pants so I don't get much screen on by itself issue or launching apps. I would recommend you turn off swipe to unlock. Also, I imagine with the new more recessed power button that should also take care of things further.

I feel that the ATT fixed many issues that the original was plagued with. Both my ATT versions had light bleed from several keys.

The SE, I feel, took the ATT model and perfected it further.

Honestly, I really can't find fault with it at all. I have phone OCD and electronics hypochondriasis and have been through a total of 9 passports, so this says A LOT!!!

I wish I could buy a screen protector designed for it and have to chop one up from a Lumina 1520 one, but oh well.

In closing, I would HIGHLY recommend this phone. I have been getting wows and ahhs at work, and they've all seen my black, red, ATT, white and now this one!
    Last edited by Marcin Dabrowsky; 08-08-15 at 05:12 PM.
    08-08-15 03:16 PM
    Very good analysis, Marcin.
    Thank you.
    Marcin Dabrowsky likes this.
    08-08-15 07:12 PM
    9 passports wtf
    08-08-15 08:58 PM
    SE version has an unevenly back-lit keyboard. I'm now on my second from different vendors. In every other way, it is an improvement on the already great original passport

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-20-15 01:52 PM
    SE version has an unevenly back-lit keyboard. I'm now on my second from different vendors. In every other way, it is an improvement on the already great original passport

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    So, uneven back-light is normal in passports? I think this is the only problem I found with mine so far.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-15 12:19 PM
    So, uneven back-light is normal in passports? I think this is the only problem I found with mine so far.

Posted via CB10
    Just received mine on Wednesday. The keyboard on mine is evenly lit.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-15 12:32 PM
    Damn. If I ask for a replacement unit, I'll probably get one with a lifted screen or uneven keyboard. Uneven backlight it is....
    12-05-15 12:41 PM
    I have the Limited Edition Red and have none of the above issues though I have been reading that the keyboard is a little less "stiff". Any comment on that?

Congrats on your SE.

Posted via CB10
    Red is not limited, it's still available in many countries to this day.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-15 01:35 AM
    Red is not limited, it's still available in many countries to this day.

Posted via CB10
    Wouldn't that just be left over stock at this point?
    Can't purchase in US thru BlackBerry anymore.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-15 03:49 AM
36 12