Had double this double typing issue on my Q10. Was really annoying. And now after the last update I'm having this same issue on my Passport. Though it is popping up occasionally but again it is annoying

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 03:52 AM
    I couldn't agree more.

Welcome to my world and many others who's been reporting this. Those that haven't encountered this problem yet will brag right into your face. Karma will bite them and they will know how it feels when it happens to them.

The fortunate thing is there is proof that it's totally software related. Ex. OS 10.3.1+ and double period.

The unfortunate thing is BlackBerry haven't done anything to stop this problem from spreading.

Sigh.

Had double this double typing issue on my Q10. Was really annoying. And now after the last update I'm having this same issue on my Passport. Though it is popping up occasionally but again it is annoying

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 05:10 AM
    I'm worried to buy a passport now.
    Thought it was only the Q10 that had this issue.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 05:19 AM
    Sorry to be a downer but the Classic is reporting the same bug as well. There's already multiple threads reported in their section. Very disappointed with BlackBerry for not looking into this matter soon enough.

I'm worried to buy a passport now.
    Thought it was only the Q10 that had this issue.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 05:26 AM
    Yep. Very aggravating when it happens. On the bright side, I'm glad to see that it's software related. Get on it BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    thymaster and double_fault like this.
    04-03-15 05:34 AM
    I don't think its software related. Its just the timing of OS 10.3.1+. Was the same with the Q10 and OS 10.2+ sorry folks :/ but its very sad.
    You all should write the production date + the timeframe in use...that will be the lifespan of the keyboard without double typing issue.

Posted via Q10Bold
    04-03-15 06:17 AM
    FYI I downgraded the OS to 10.3.0 for 3 days and the bug went away. Then I re-upgraded the OS and the bug came back.

I don't know what's more annoying, having to deal with the double letter bug or guys who don't own a Passport orr who never encountered the bug doesn't know what their talking about and keep saying it's hardware related.

I don't think its software related. Its just the timing of OS 10.3.1+. Was the same with the Q10 and OS 10.2+ sorry folks :/ but its very sad.
    You all should write the production date + the timeframe in use...that will be the lifespan of the keyboard without double typing issue.

Posted via Q10Bold
    04-03-15 07:25 AM
    I only have this problem when typing into a browser web page. I do not seem to encounter it when texting or writing a BBM or an email. I am on Z30 STA100-2 10.3.1.1784 (2582)
    thymaster likes this.
    04-03-15 07:30 AM
    Me too this happens to me on the browser and text messaging app mostly. In terms of emails I can type 10 long paragraphs without experiencing the double letters.

I only have this problem when typing into a browser web page. I do not seem to encounter it when texting or writing a BBM or an email.
    04-03-15 07:33 AM
    FYI I downgraded the OS to 10.3.0 for 3 days and the bug went away. Then I re-upgraded the OS and the bug came back.

I don't know what's more annoying, having to deal with the double letter bug or guys who don't own a Passport orr who never encountered the bug doesn't know what their talking about and keep saying it's hardware related.
    If you feel better with this to 'know' for yourself it's sofware, ok. I'm fine.
    I know it's hardware since the legacy devices.
    Always the same, people hope it's software till the end- I was in the same boat. I was hoping too. I thought it was software with 10.2 for a very very long time. After this I thought only 2013 models get double type, nope- the 2014 also (2 x 2014 devices in my company).

I Hope for you and the others it goes away....
    The good thing- it will be easy to fix.
    The Classic with the glued screen and back will be almost impossible to fix.

Posted via Q10Bold
    04-03-15 08:36 AM
    Legacy device was on OS7 and BB10 is a whole different OS created from scratch. If you're saying it happens on OS7 then obviously somewhere along the line someone's coding habits was repeated in BB10 and he probably doesn't know it himself either.

If you feel better with this to 'know' for yourself it's sofware, ok. I'm fine.
    I know it's hardware since the legacy devices.
    Always the same, people hope it's software till the end- I was in the same boat. I was hoping too. I thought it was software with 10.2 for a very very long time. After this I thought only 2013 models get double type, nope- the 2014 also (2 x 2014 devices in my company).

I Hope for you and the others it goes away....
    The good thing- it will be easy to fix.
    The Classic with the glued screen and back will be almost impossible to fix.

Posted via Q10Bold
    04-03-15 09:27 AM
    Legacy device was on OS7 and BB10 is a whole different OS created from scratch. If you're saying it happens on OS7 then obviously somewhere along the line someone's coding habits was repeated in BB10 and he probably doesn't know it himself either.
    It has nothing to do with coding - it's a hardware issue. It always was. I know it's very sad and I am aware of it.
    Here is a fix for those without a 2nd keyboard for the Q10 or 9900.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ly-too-954608/

I have done this method on 3 Q10 and now they are perfoming perfect. It's a similar Problem on the 9780, 9900, Q10, Classic and now Passport...that's why I am thinking it's a hardware issue.
    We will see...I hope BlackBerry will change something in the OS to slow down speed of the keypress or something...

Infamous double typing issue is back-img_20140823_113315.jpg
    Infamous double typing issue is back-img_20140823_113050.jpg

Posted via Q10Bold
    04-03-15 11:19 AM
    Here we go again. You keeps suggesting hardware problems. Can you please tell me how to fix the double period on the touchscreen row as well?
    04-03-15 11:30 AM
    It has nothing to do with coding - it's a hardware issue. It always was. I know it's very sad and I am aware of it.
    Here is a fix for those without a 2nd keyboard for the Q10 or 9900.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ly-too-954608/

I have done this method on 3 Q10 and now they are perfoming perfect. It's a similar Problem on the 9780, 9900, Q10, Classic and now Passport...that's why I am thinking it's a hardware issue.
    We will see...I hope BlackBerry will change something in the OS to slow down speed of the keypress or something...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140823_113315.jpg 
Views:	1074 
Size:	29.6 KB 
ID:	345342
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140823_113050.jpg 
Views:	1065 
Size:	24.5 KB 
ID:	345343

Posted via Q10Bold
    Maybe it was hardware for you, but it was definitely software for me. For 12 months I never had a double-type issue on my Q10, then installed a new leak and it started immediately. A week later I installed a newer leak and the issue has not returned. I've had maybe 6 leaks on my Q10 and it only happened when I had that one version installed. That's not hardware related.
    04-03-15 11:55 AM
    Here we go again. You keeps suggesting hardware problems. Can you please tell me how to fix the double period on the touchscreen row as well?
    The touchscreen row is something different and is not having any physical buttons and layers so thats another 'problem' for you to fix.
    But yeah I get it. You still want to believe its software.
    So, ok. I'm fine with it. It's a software issue for your 2 devices....and other 1mln is fine, because they got an another soft or OS...or leak..whatever.
    I think BlackBerry just did it again- screw this up again...like they always do!
    It's sad :/

Posted via Q10Bold
    04-03-15 01:02 PM
    If it's software, why do we all get it on different keys? Why does it only affect some users?

My u keuu oops, typo, but not the double is getting really bad. It's happening many times per day now on that key with increasing frequency. It's not software, it has to be hardware.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-15 03:25 PM
    Hardware of software, Blackberry should acknowledge the problem and address it immediately.

If it's software, why do we all get it on different keys? Why does it only affect some users?

My u keuu oops, typo, but not the double is getting really bad. It's happening many times per day now on that key with increasing frequency. It's not software, it has to be hardware.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 04:39 PM
    If you don't have this problem from the very beginning or when you are using different OS version, chances are, it is a hardware related issue.

You see, the Passport 3-row keyboard is considered 'mechanical part' - and so does the 'power' and 'volume buttons'. And in any cases, 'mechanical parts' have tendency to worn out or fail as brought by repeated actions - specially if it is not made durable to last longer. Some designers and manufacturers are even having this so-called mechanical testing where it reveals the elastic and inelastic behavior of a material when force is applied repeatedly. This test, if done properly, shows whether a material or part is suitable for its intended mechanical applications by measuring elasticity, tensile strength, elongation, hardness, fracture toughness, impact resistance, stress rupture, and fatigue limit. As we all know, a company that suffered lost and implementing cost reduction program usually having issues with quality control & assurance because these are the usual area that are being sacrifice.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 07:26 PM
    I've NEVER had this problem on my Passport since I got it in November. I've tried everything to make it happen unless I press the key twice OR I hit two keys at once! Big fingers?

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 07:58 PM
    Annoying problem... another reason we need Z50.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    05-02-15 09:43 PM
    Holy molly. Qq10 herre saaying helloo to his yanger, bigger brother buut carrying ssame bad genes.

Our sister "Classic " is also sick for live.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 10:59 PM
    Damn fellas, this is such a shame to hear! Fingers crossed for mine being spared this sad fate...

#CB10 #WorkWide
    05-02-15 11:04 PM
    One userr has posted last week that 10.3.2.500 has minimized his double types on his otherwise suvearly affected Q10 (like mine, 4th keyboard).
    filtterring douuble types with software is a great idea and it's been going around this foorum for quite a while.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 11:09 PM
    It's software related. Had the issue on my Z10 before getting my passport. Its well documented in the Z10 forums!!!

Posted via my Passport
    05-03-15 05:40 AM
    One userr has posted last week that 10.3.2.500 has minimized his double types on his otherwise suvearly affected Q10 (like mine, 4th keyboard).
    filtterring douuble types with software is a great idea and it's been going around this foorum for quite a while.

Posted via CB10
    Filtering for mechanical double typing has been around since Dos and most likely Unix and Vax.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-15 05:43 AM
28 12