I got my new passport a couple of weeks ago. Loving it so far. Everything is turning out great. But I have a little issue with the keybord/trackpad. That is, something in certain apps swiping on the keypad works and sometimes it doesn't in the same scenarios. One example is the homescreen, it sometimes work when I swipe left to right between the homesreens but now it's not. And another issue is flicking on the word predictions which is mostly a hit or miss. I sometimes flick around 4 times before it's recognized. Is this normal? Thanks.
    08-25-17 02:49 AM
    No it isn't normal, please get your passport changed if you intend to use this feature more.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-17 05:22 AM
    I feel it's a bug. There's no defect with the keypad.
    08-25-17 05:23 AM
    Swiping left or right is working most of the time, but sometimes it doesn't work for me too. I think it happens because while using an android app and it crashes it ceases to detect the scroll. But after going again to an android app and open it, the scrolling works again after I minimize it.

For the 'issue' that sometimes scroll works in apps and sometimes not, it can be a bug, but also app related. If its a bug, quickly touching the screen or minimizing the app and going back to it fixes it most of the time.

If its an app thing, then you can't do anything about it. Because inside of apps there are some areas where scrolling works, but then other special areas where it doesn't. Like in the music player of BB10.

The flick problem though doesn't happen to me often. Very rarely

Hope it helps

Posted with my  BlackBerry Passport SE™
    kwartey likes this.
    08-25-17 02:23 PM
    A keyboard can have a poor flick sensitive area... like in the middle. I have seen that on the OG passport. Sounds like a new Keyboard to me.
    08-26-17 10:10 PM