My passport just developed this problem.

When I receive a call the person calling can not hear the phone ringing. Then when I answer I can hear them but they can not hear me. If i call them all is fine.

I did a reset using the volume buttons but this did not fix the problem. I have also tried toggling mute and speaker while on the call to see if that would fix it.

any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    06-14-16 10:40 AM
    Chris.. make sure you have a back up of your device.
    It definitely sound s like a software problem. corrupt files.

Did you happen to download anything just before this problem started?? It could be that last app if so.
    Otherwise, you may have to reinstall the latest OS.

If you do reinstall, you may as well do it from scratch. and you'll have yourself a nice clean device.
    I also have a passport and from time to time, I end up having so much junk on it that I've collected that it's just easier to start clean.

Now, I could be way off on this, so wait for a few others to respond before doing anything.
    But, don't worry. We'll have you up and running before you know it.
    06-14-16 02:50 PM
    My passport just developed this problem.

When I receive a call the person calling can not hear the phone ringing. Then when I answer I can hear them but they can not hear me. If i call them all is fine.

I did a reset using the volume buttons but this did not fix the problem. I have also tried toggling mute and speaker while on the call to see if that would fix it.

any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Reboot your phone, check to see that mute isn't on after reboot, press it a few times so u can learn how it looks on and off, I've had my passport for two years and still accidently activate the mute with my cheek when I answer the phone!
    06-15-16 06:12 AM
    I had the same issue recently. I did a shutdown and restart, and the problem went away.
    06-15-16 08:55 AM