Why is it so hard to get a passport from Blackberry at $599.00 however you can buy from Amazon or Expansys for $799.00 up. That is ridiculous. I have been trying to get on since it first came out and still cannot even though I am sighing up every day for email alerts when it becomes available, I am yet to receive an email.

Does anyone know when Blackberry will have more units available so that I could get one at the proper price and not the inflated one. This is supposed to be a business phone. Striking when the Iron is hot is good business. Not getting potential customers frustrated. I have to get a new phone and I am not going to wait much longer. You can get lots of options for $799.00
    10-09-14 09:10 AM
    In the UK at least, there appears to be a batch coming on the 13th or so. They seem to claim stock will be okay toward the end of the month. Mine's currently on back order until the 13th, so being hopeful!

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 09:25 AM
    Impossible to buy a Passport,

Posted via CB Z10
    10-09-14 09:33 AM
    Why is it so hard to get a passport from Blackberry at $599.00 however you can buy from Amazon or Expansys for $799.00 up. That is ridiculous. I have been trying to get on since it first came out and still cannot even though I am sighing up every day for email alerts when it becomes available, I am yet to receive an email.

Does anyone know when Blackberry will have more units available so that I could get one at the proper price and not the inflated one. This is supposed to be a business phone. Striking when the Iron is hot is good business. Not getting potential customers frustrated. I have to get a new phone and I am not going to wait much longer. You can get lots of options for $799.00
    It's not impossible it is just costly in time or money! If you want it cheaper it will cost you time maybe a lot of time in waiting.. If you can't wait than you'll pay more than 599..

P.s. If they were available for 599 than probably you would see any for 799 or more..
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-09-14 09:38 AM

Quite honestly you can be as tired as you want but your only option would be to go with android and not IPhone if that's what you're thinking of being your next phone choice. This is what happens when there's high demand for a product and they limited production. I bought both passport and iPhone and will probably waiting 1 month to receive passport and definitely have to wait 28-35 business days to receive my IPhone. This is the nature of this business.

Posted via CB10
    wincyUt likes this.
    10-09-14 09:42 AM
    http://www.amazon.de/gp/aw/d/B00NFDB...UvbUpU10950541

5 passport available on amazon.de

Posted via CB10
    JGoodard likes this.
    10-09-14 09:43 AM
    La respuesta es muy sencilla piensan que los europeos somos tontos y debemos pagar 200€ o 200$ m�s, no ocurre solo con este dispositivo y esta marca es que los defensores del libre comercio han decidido que los de fuera lo paguen mas caro porque si pregunto � no es eso alterar deliberadamente el precio de las cosas? cuanto cuesta trasportar un Passport de 600$ (o sea menos de 500€) a Europa 10 €? 15€ ? entonces por que 500 € se transforman en 730€ 750€ de un continente a otro????? Si echan cuentas veran que los impuestos no explican un cambio tan radical de precio entonces ?? saludos corrijan eso y recuerden que el coeficiente intelectual no se distribuye por continentes
    Parrillas NY likes this.
    10-09-14 09:50 AM
    This is something us Blackberry users are not used too. For iphone customers this is a yearly occurrence.
    10-09-14 09:53 AM
    When the Passport is highly coveted by 12 year old girls, we'll know we've arrived.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 10:02 AM
    I can say I was one of the lucky ones who ordered from MPD for �439.99 and loving it.
    10-09-14 10:44 AM
    The screen is awesome! It's worth the wait! You will get your $599 Passport.

Posted via CB10
    app_Developer likes this.
    10-09-14 10:51 AM
    I ordered mine on release day and only received it yesterday but when they said it was shipping out I went online at blackberry and ordered an other for my friend. Now his is on back order and the uk site is sold out again.

Ps this an awesome piece of kit

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 10:58 AM
    I ordered the day it was released from shopblackberry and received it the next day and it is great. We'll worth the wait.
    10-09-14 11:07 AM
    I'm not sure the tight supply problem will get better anytime soon. JC thought BlackBerry would sell 240k Passports through 2014. How does one produce 10x as many components and increase production by a factor of 10 in a matter of weeks?

Maybe that phone poll on the Verge was more real than we could have known.

Posted via CB10
    Nayalm and SBrowne823 like this.
    10-09-14 11:28 AM
    They have some on amazon.de. This morning, the price was around 590,- Euros, right now it is at 753,- Euros! It's different vendors that sell through amazon.de, the amazon.de price stays at 649,- Euros (all prices are 19% vat included!).
    10-09-14 11:28 AM
    I am in Dubai right now and the Passport is available in a Blackberry store..dont know how much it costs though was too tired to inquire...really wanted to check it out...maybe tomorrow I will get a chance to get the price info and if I get to play with it

Posted via CB10 Z30 OS 10.3.01.396
    10-09-14 11:46 AM

Striking when the Iron is hot is good business. Not getting potential customers frustrated. I have to get a new phone and I am not going to wait much longer.
    You are not alone, man. there are thousands of us being left in the lurch by Blackberry on this massive failure of distribution/logistics/stocking/market research. The fact that BB was this far off in its estimates of demand and its execution of online sales/distribution/communication with customers is EMBARASSING and shows how far behind it really is. Im shocked that the apple fanboys/BB haters on seeking alpha etc haven't jumped on this story.. Really awful stuff. I have purchases made on both amazon and shopBB on 9/26 with no updates. Both were promised by customer service reps to go out 10/6, then 10/8, then... "oh, were sorry. we don't know when your purchase will ever ship. Just wait for an email confirmation." Chen, this is a FAILURE. Fix it or you will be losing [MORE] customers
    nycspaces. likes this.
    10-09-14 12:02 PM
    What's interesting for me is that I have a Passport but I need to return it because the headphone jack doesn't work, but I'm afraid I'll have to wait for a long time to get another one.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 12:25 PM
    You are not alone, man. there are thousands of us being left in the lurch by Blackberry on this massive failure of distribution/logistics/stocking/market research. The fact that BB was this far off in its estimates of demand and its execution of online sales/distribution/communication with customers is EMBARASSING and shows how far behind it really is. Im shocked that the apple fanboys/BB haters on seeking alpha etc haven't jumped on this story.. Really awful stuff. I have purchases made on both amazon and shopBB on 9/26 with no updates. Both were promised by customer service reps to go out 10/6, then 10/8, then... "oh, were sorry. we don't know when your purchase will ever ship. Just wait for an email confirmation." Chen, this is a FAILURE. Fix it or you will be losing [MORE] customers

Ya, or it's a clever marketing strategy to show demand, create buzz etc. Which seems to be working rather well, actually.
    wincyUt, dietertong and q649 like this.
    10-09-14 12:25 PM
    I reserved on Rogers reservation system mid morning around 11amish on launch day and in BC I was #14. I got the text notification Oct1. Got my phone Oct. 2nd at the Rogers plus store I requested!

Posted via Passport OS 10.3.0.738
    10-09-14 12:29 PM
    I'm not sure the tight supply problem will get better anytime soon. JC thought BlackBerry would sell 240k Passports through 2014. How does one produce 10x as many components and increase production by a factor of 10 in a matter of weeks?

Maybe that phone poll on the Verge was more real than we could have known.

Posted via CB10
    Well, I voted on that twice,.. and I bought two Passports (so far).

So I guess the question is: "what's real?"

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 12:35 PM
    Funny... when Apple has supply issues it is heralded as a success for the company... Users patiently wait for their device with excitemnet.... Blackberry has supply issues due to overwhelming success of lauch and users seem to see it as a personal affront.... never understand what thei issue is... it is a smartphone... why not enjoy life and wait for you bliss to arrive....
    10-09-14 12:43 PM
    Funny... when Apple has supply issues it is heralded as a success for the company... Users patiently wait for their device with excitemnet.... Blackberry has supply issues due to overwhelming success of lauch and users seem to see it as a personal affront.... never understand what thei issue is... it is a smartphone... why not enjoy life and wait for you bliss to arrive....
    This. I've ordered and re-sold 2 Passports at this point. I figure let me try and help the demand by re-selling them to people who can't wait or are trying BlackBerry out again from another platform, as I know I will eventually get one to keep myself.

Posted via CB10
    wincyUt and dietertong like this.
    10-09-14 12:50 PM
    Exactly, can't win for losing. To the earlier poster, as to why the tight supply, remember up to a month ago most people thought it was a hideous phone. So why would JC make millions of them based off that kind of reaction??
    momofteme and wincyUt like this.
    10-09-14 12:57 PM
    I think frustration is also apparent in Apple land. Just look at any phone resellers twitter feed and see the amount of people tweeting asking where their iPhones are.

The fact of the matter is this, people are too excited about getting their next phone. They're not getting it "now", which is something we've become accustomed to with online shopping (next day deliveries etc). Some companies (including BlackBerry, although they're not 100% responsible for the Digital River / Amazon / Carphone Warehouse /AT& T / Vodafone UK / Rogers / Telus / Expansys / Whoever else is supplying the PassPort... etc etc) aren't communicating correctly to customers, others are.

As a result, people are becoming frustrated. Which is understandable, you've spent a lot of money on your device, sometimes you've paid even more in shipping, or with an outlet that actually has stock. So people's frustration is somewhat justified.

But if you have your confirmation, and your ETA, or a retailer is saying "we'll have stock on X date" all you can do is wait! Nothing can change that unfortunately.

I'm still waiting For my passport.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 12:58 PM
80 123 ...