I will never buy anything from Digital River again. Passport is pretty nice but I would rather pay a bit more for a straight forward and respectful consumer experience than support a hack company like Digital River.

Posted via CB10
    rcab and dannykavs like this.
    10-10-14 12:41 AM
    Usually ships in 12 to 13 days.
    Domestic shipping and return policy.

SOLD OUT
    10-10-14 03:07 AM
    I know we are all very unhappy about the lack of stock and lack of a Verizon version. It sure seems that there should be some way of complaining to Verizon, AT&T and BlackBerry management. Maybe it's just wishful thinking. I wonder if the calls and tweets to AT&T sales or VZW really does any good.

It sure is amazing how impatient the machines have made us humans, like little immature kids.
    10-10-14 04:50 AM
    I know we are all very unhappy about the lack of stock and lack of a Verizon version. It sure seems that there should be some way of complaining to Verizon, AT&T and BlackBerry management. Maybe it's just wishful thinking. I wonder if the calls and tweets to AT&T sales or VZW really does any good.

It sure is amazing how impatient the machines have made us humans, like little immature kids.
    If the calls and tweets make you feel better, than they have done some good.

But Verizon and AT&T are business, business that have a history with BlackBerry, business that know what the sales for the brand new and much hyped return of the BlackBerry platform netted them last year.... They know there is a vocal fan base that wants BlackBerry devices, and they know just how small that fan base is. They know how many bought BB10 devices at full price, and how many bought at the clearance prices. And they know that the Passport is a very expensive and "different" device that doesn't fit with what the average consumer has been interested in.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-10-14 08:45 AM
    I am one of those who believe that Blackberry never had 200K device on launch day but maybe 10-20k.
    I'm sure they've had them in the past (Storm, Bold 9000, maybe even newer devices like Torch 9800, 9900). But they are probably gun-shy due to PlayBook and Z10 write downs and inventory that had to be cleared.
    10-10-14 08:49 AM
    No thanks. I would not buy a phone from Digital River. I'll only buy from a reliable source, especially something that is over $100. I'll buy from Blackberry Store, Amazon (sold by Amazon not a merchant), AT&T or Verizon.
    10-10-14 09:12 AM
    Dear jhanks64, I don't think we are being impatient. The Passport was officially announced in June. The for sale release date was set for September 24th. I do not think it is unreasonable to expect us to be able to go on-line an order the Passport today, 2-1/2 weeks after the official release date to buy the phone AND have it arrive in our hands 1 week later. Sure demand may be much better for the Passport than Blackberry expected, but there is no excuse for Blackberry not to provide Z30 to Verizon. The Z30 has been out-of-stock at Verizon for over well over a month now and is not even offered at AT&T, which is the carrier I prefer.
    10-10-14 09:23 AM
    Apple sells out, everyone sings praises.
    BlackBerry sells out, people call for the head of the CEO.

Funny. Probably trollish.
    10-10-14 09:48 AM

I know, right? Take a look at what is said online about the iPhone 6:
    -------
    High demand for the new iPhones leads to long waits

The mad rush to buy the new iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus is leaving would-be customers without new phones for several weeks as models sell out and wait times for the new phones extend.

The iPhone 6 Plus model has sold out in the U.S., and Apple said both the iPhone 6 and the iPhone 6 Plus are in high demand. “Response to iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus has been incredible, with a record number of preorders overnight,” Apple told the Financial Times.

As of Saturday morning, the wait time for a 16GB iPhone 6 purchased directly from the Apple store was seven to 10 business days. Want an iPhone 6 Plus? It’ll be three to four weeks before it even ships.
    ---------

And no one is telling that apple should go out of business like they are ramping about Blackberry, have patience people, it's worth the wait
    playboldbook likes this.
    10-10-14 10:12 AM
    "They just don't get it"

Anything over 2 weeks on back orders is detrimental in manfacturing.
    Jeff P1 likes this.
    10-10-14 10:12 AM
    if I can't have it now I don't want it at all.

Come on. If you really want it you'll wait. If you can't wait I guess you do what you have to do.
    10-10-14 10:29 AM
    No thanks. I would not buy a phone from Digital River. I'll only buy from a reliable source, especially something that is over $100. I'll buy from Blackberry Store, Amazon (sold by Amazon not a merchant), AT&T or Verizon.
    BlackBerry Store is run by Digital River.
    pkcable likes this.
    10-10-14 10:59 AM
    Dear jhanks64, I don't think we are being impatient. The Passport was officially announced in June. The for sale release date was set for September 24th. I do not think it is unreasonable to expect us to be able to go on-line an order the Passport today, 2-1/2 weeks after the official release date to buy the phone AND have it arrive in our hands 1 week later. Sure demand may be much better for the Passport than Blackberry expected, but there is no excuse for Blackberry not to provide Z30 to Verizon. The Z30 has been out-of-stock at Verizon for over well over a month now and is not even offered at AT&T, which is the carrier I prefer.
    Why are you saying that BlackBerry isn't providing Z30's to Verizon. From what I've read, Verizon phased out the Z30. If you prefer AT&T, you can buy an unlocked Z30 from BlackBerry or another online vendor.
    10-10-14 11:01 AM
    "They just don't get it"

Anything over 2 weeks on back orders is detrimental in manfacturing.
    Unless you're Apple and it's the iPhone 6 Plus, with a three to four week ship date. I'm sure Apple is going to lose sales like crazy.
    10-10-14 11:03 AM
    At least iPhone customers know when they will get it.
    10-10-14 12:01 PM
    I just bought one on Amazon yesterday. It was a warehouse deal for $575. Apparently the packaging was damaged, which I don't care about. I chose 1 day shipping. My Passport will be here on October 17th.

Posted via CB10
    dusdal and Mr4aces like this.
    10-10-14 12:04 PM

seriously !

Apple can mess up but not BB in the current situation . If you do not have the stock , just say so .

Why use DR if they have such a poor reputation. I guess coomunication is not a strong suite with BB. I guess the current marketing manager won't survive the next cut
    Last edited by pkcable; 10-10-14 at 12:31 PM. Reason: language!
    10-10-14 12:06 PM
    Unless you're Apple and it's the iPhone 6 Plus, with a three to four week ship date. I'm sure Apple is going to lose sales like crazy.
    Not even close on the product initial inventory numbers.

Just saying, in manufacturing, anything back ordered over 2 weeks is detrimental. Unhappy customers and lost of sales. And yes even Apple will lose some sales.
    Jeff P1 likes this.
    10-10-14 12:27 PM
    At least iPhone customers know when they will get it.
    Actually, I don't think they will. They'll probably get it a little bit prior to the estimate, as Apple tends to overestimate the ship date as to "delight" its customers. I've experienced this myself, though it actually caused me quite a bit of trouble: Based on the ship date, I had the item, a MacBook Air, shipped to an Apple Store I would be near while on vacation. Instead of arriving on said date, it arrived two weeks early and I had to pick it up within a 14 day window or else they would cancel the order. I couldn't have it re-routed to the Apple Store near me (while not on vacation). Anyway, I barely made the pick-up window.

For those waiting, just expect the Passport in three to four weeks and be delighted when you get it sooner.
    allsportsfan likes this.
    10-10-14 12:30 PM
    "Impossible" I do not think that word means what you think it does.. or was that "inconceivable" ??
    10-10-14 02:05 PM
    It's pretty much out of online stock everywhere, except Netherlands. They keep getting stock daily.
    Impossible to buy a Passport-passportstock.png
    10-10-14 02:36 PM
    Got mine for $599 and delivered in tow day! Happy :d

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 02:39 PM
    As you clearly stated above. The would-be consumers know when to expect their back-ordered iPhone. I along with many others are left with vague responses such as "will let you know when stock is available ". It's not about Apple vs BlackBerry, it's about being clear with your customers. If I received an email stating to expect my passport in a month then so be it, but as of now I know nothing.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 02:47 PM
    It's pretty much out of online stock everywhere, except Netherlands. They keep getting stock daily.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	passportstock.PNG 
Views:	445 
Size:	29.7 KB 
ID:	304902
    Does anybody know what keyboard layout they have in the Netherlands? Is it qwertz, qwerty, or something else?

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 02:51 PM
    I just got an email from BB Customer Service about the back order ...

As a valued BlackBerry customer, we want to personally thank you for the order you have recently placed to receive a BlackBerry� Passport.

We are writing to inform you that we will begin shipping devices by October 29th. We apologize for any inconvenience this delay has caused you.

If you have any questions, please call us directly at 1-866-957-0762

Thank you for your continued support and for remaining a BlackBerry customer.

Sincerely,
    10-10-14 04:40 PM
80 1234