One day i will buy passport if I could and if BB10 survives ..
    10-06-15 05:48 AM
    ...because Passport it's great workhorse, only exception if Priv have BB10 on board and my PP is damaged (I care a lot about it), Android - no thanks...

Posted via CB10
    10-06-15 07:35 AM
    After year of heavy use, I cannot type accurately on the passport keyboard even if I look. On my HP Pre3 I was able to be very accurate without looking even in the dark. As an aside, I type over 50 WPM on my desktop keyboard without ever looking ever...

I have commented upon this before. It Is my contention the vertical arrangement of the keys as opposed to the offset of the rows on regular keyboards has an impact on the ability to touch type with rapidity & accuracy. I have suggested BlackBerry task an ergonomics study at a reputable research entity or university at arm's length to assess the optimal layout scheme.

Personally, I find the passport KB too wide creating difficulty hitting the targets accurately. The HP Pre3 KB was narrower requiring less lateral motion to cover the breadth of the layout.

KBs were another claim to fame for BlackBerry & deserve analysis.
    Last edited by patapoof; 10-07-15 at 12:21 PM.
    10-06-15 08:13 PM
    Buy a typewriter then! LMAO

Posted via CB10 app using the mighty Passport.
    10-06-15 08:15 PM
    Intellectual curiosity is not a fort� of this forum...
    10-06-15 08:37 PM
    After year of heavy use, I cannot type accurately on the passport keyboard even if I look. On my HP Pre3 I was able to be very accurate without looking even in the dark. As an aside, I type over 50 WPM on my desktop keyboard without ever looking ever...

I have commented upon this before. It Is my contention the vertical arrangement of the keys as opposed to the offset of the rows on regular keyboards has an impact on the ability to touch type with repidity & accuracy. I have suggested BlackBerry task an ergonomics study at a reputable research entity or university at arm's length to assess the optimal layout scheme.

Personally, I find the passport KB too wide creating difficulty hitting the targets accurately. The HP Pre3 KB was narrower requiring less lateral motion to cover the breadth of the layout.

It's probably safe to say that BlackBerry does a lot of R&D for their physical keyboards. After all, they are THE authority when it comes to the physical keyboard!

Posted via CB10
    10-06-15 11:26 PM
    ...... Google is not the way to go for me.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-15 11:38 PM

I agree.

The following is my proposal to address two major issues of the Passport, one of them is keyboard layout:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ncept-1036430/

Posted via CB10/BB PP SE.
    10-06-15 11:38 PM
    ...... Google is not the way to go for me.

Posted via CB10
    Your profile pic .. .. If you buy Priv you will be ..
    I'm staying with my passport because...-2012-5-1-gsm1231-doc-morgan.jpg
    The Big Picture likes this.
    10-07-15 04:23 AM
    J

The only way auto correct sucks is if you are making a lot of mistakes when you type.

I don't know if this guy is typing business emails or not, but there is nothing better then typing a sentence and having full confidence that it is one hundred percent accurate without even looking at the screen.

Posted via my Awesome Red Passport running on T-Mobile Unlimited Data. SQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    Firstly if you knew anything about mobile OS' you'd know that 1) the majority across the globe use Nuance's engine for auto correct including BlackBerry since BBOS3, it's listed in the IS about screen as under license. Secondly auto correct is not the problem as the DB is learning from accepted mistakes mid word typed, and not corrected this it's learning bad habits from the end user. The user not the engine is at fault.

Third, your screen, even on the Passport is less than 1/8" away from the keyboard and soft screen kb the entire SCREEN is still in your direct line of view, not even peripheral, albeit not intensely focused. This is by hardware design so that your eyes do NOT need to travel (physically move) to see what's on it.

Seeing that last paragraph is just ridiculous and exaggerates accurate typing, please don't do that.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-15 07:56 AM
    Simply because I enjoy my passport. I am not worried about BB10 not being supported anymore just because an Android phone will be released. I am not an app guy so the so called app gap does not bother me. I use my phone more like a computer than an entertainment device and the few apps I do use, blackberry world and snap covers it for me.

There will be a new device every 6 months to drool over, it's just like buying a new car....the minute you drive it off the lot, you see a commercial for the next year's model. You just have to be happy with what you have and enjoy it.

http://djteknision.podomatic.com. Teknision (All mix No talk) Podcast
    10-07-15 07:59 AM
    I use multiple devices (iphone 6+, nexus 5) throughout the week. I still enjoy the feeling and look of the Passport. It's different from the norm and that's not a bad thing. I'm not into gaming on my phone and I'm trying to limit my social media time. Hence I grab my Passport when I need to respond to lots of emails or texts. I grab the other for fun.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-15 11:31 AM
    Because I refuse to buy any device running android. I will not support Google play/ Google services takeover. The consumers drive the industry and if it is going in a directing you don't like you really should make every effort not to support it. I love my Passport and will continue to use it until it dies or is no longer efficient enough for my needs. If Blackberry goes all android I will no longer support them in any way though.
    10-07-15 11:45 AM
    I'm staying with my PP until they come up with the next cool replacement. The PP does great as my daily driver and the only mobile device I need. I have an iPad for my flight maps and GPS.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-15 11:51 AM
    Who says? After using the HP Pre3 KB f a coupl'a years I realized BlackBerry is not the only capable KB fone maker. I have never used any other BlackBerry devices. In fact, I have never seen another BlackBerry fone either in the NE USA USA in north-central EU ever...

It's probably safe to say that BlackBerry does a lot of R&D for their physical keyboards. After all, they are THE authority when it comes to the physical keyboard!

Posted via CB10
    10-07-15 12:24 PM
    Who says? After using the HP Pre3 KB for a coupl'a years I realized BlackBerry is not the only capable KB fone maker. I have never used any other BlackBerry devices. In fact, I have never seen another BlackBerry fone either in the NE USA nor in north-central EU ever...

Posted via CB10
    schlemer likes this.
    10-07-15 12:26 PM
    Who says? After using the HP Pre3 KB for a coupl'a years I realized BlackBerry is not the only capable KB fone maker. I have never used any other BlackBerry devices. In fact, I have never seen another BlackBerry fone either in the NE USA nor in north-central EU ever...
    Who says? I says!

Posted via CB10
    10-09-15 08:11 AM
    I'm keeping my Passport and not getting the Priv because

1. I love BB10 - the most elegant OS in existence
    2. I've been un-Googling myself for the past year and am not about to scrap my efforts.
    3. The Passport still turns heads and creates phone envy in others.
    4. It has already learned so much about my style of writing, I swipe up entire sentences, punctuation included.
    5. The Android apps I need and use work perfectly on the Passport, thanks to Cobalt.
    6. The Crackberry community still has enough BB10 users and enthusiasts that I will be able to squeeze every last drop of functionality from this phone, long after BlackBerry stops supporting it.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    Zeratul57 likes this.
    10-11-15 02:30 PM
    ... because the Passport is the best fit-for-need for me.

Posted via CB10 using a PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    10-11-15 03:04 PM
    ... because it's a real BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    cbosdell likes this.
    10-11-15 03:12 PM
    It's an awesome phone! Does all I need it to do

Posted via my Passport SE
    Always CB Addicted likes this.
    10-11-15 06:32 PM
    I didn't think I would like the Pasport keyboard but I actually love it. My only issue is that swiping with my left thumb doesn't work often. It seems that the angle is wrong.

Posted via CB10
    bigjman likes this.
    10-11-15 09:11 PM
    The Passport is a pocket laptop. All other phones seem inferior.

Posted via CB10
    +1
    This thing is a beast...

on the road with my BlackBerry
    10-11-15 09:40 PM
    Amen - passport is a beast and Thoroughbred workhorse - am enjoying learning what it can do.
    Hi ho Silver Edition!!!!

Posted via CB10
    04-16-16 10:47 PM
    The big wide screen. It really has trumped apps for me. Document creation and getting work done just works better and happens easier for me on the screen. I have a priv and other phones as well and the biggest shift for me back to the passport was the screen. I found myself reverting to reading things on my phone but waiting until I was back at my desktop to respond. But on my passport I was more apt to respond and handle the matter then and there. Work wide is more than just marketing

Posted via CB10
    sesp9 and Zeratul57 like this.
    04-16-16 11:22 PM
124 ... 2345