I've only had my Passport for about a month, but it truly is a remarkable one of a kind device. I see absolutely no reason for relinquishing this device. At first, I thought that the form factor would dissuade me from keeping the Passport as I had never before used such a device with such size. Now I find the size of the device quite perfect and truly "intimately familiar". It's easily pocketable, and I've even started using the device one-handed! It truly is a unique device, and in that, a very special one too. Thank you BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 01:12 PM
    I will stay with my Passport OG until more SES are available after Priv is released.

Posted via CB10 on Passport OG
    10-03-15 05:44 PM
    Because it works

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 05:51 PM
    Because it's a great device it works smooth and the battery actually last through the day. And it looks great also.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 09:27 PM
    I'm staying with Passport because... this maybe the last one of the best BB10 devices that BlackBerry ever produced...

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 11:33 PM
    ...because I'm pretty sure if I spent the time to read the forums, I could get Google Play Services working on the Passport, and then a full Android phone would have no advantages to offer me, while there is a lot about BB10 that I really like.

Oh, and this phone is the perfect form factor, in my opinion.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 posted via CB10
    1 advantage is you can specify which apps us wifi and which use network data and not have to disable the later. This alone can save big dollars when traveling and seems stupid for BlackBerry to name the Passport as such and not think if expenditures for travelers. Big oversight in the core os in NY opini�n.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 11:54 PM
    I'm staying with my Passport SE and going for the Priv too. I like having my cake and eating it too.
    Are you planning on using them both in overlapping roles, and carrying just one at a time, or do you envision using them in a complimentary fashion (carrying both)?

I realize that people have different priorities, but I can't think of much of anything I'd want to do with Android (or iOS) on a phone that wouldn't be better suited for a tablet. Namely media viewing, and games.

I have nothing against the two-device way of doing things, but I don't see the Priv fitting into that role (for me). It COULD (Assuming the basic functions were enough of a BB10 emulation) function as a Single device. As a second device--I bet I'd have better and cheaper options.

KAM
    10-04-15 12:29 AM
    5. Drooling over a dreamed-of webOS device...

There ya go...
    Maybe the CrackBerry forums aren't the place for this, but everytime someone mentions webOS, I am reminded that even BB10, which I really like, didn't compare (for me) to webOS...and that's looking at something that hasn't had 5 additional years of development.
    Can you imagine what webOS could have been like today?
    Other operating systems in terms of functionality/usability were a joke by comparison 5 years ago (my opinion).

As much as I'll hate seeing BB10 dry up and die, It won't compare to the demise of webOS. My coming to Blackberry was the result of losing webOS, and being utterly disgusted with how much Android sucked.

KAM
    anon(679606) likes this.
    10-04-15 12:33 AM
    I'm staying with the passport because it is the best phone until the passport 2 comes out

Posted via CB10
    10-04-15 12:47 AM
    BlackBerry with fully run android is not necessary to me. I think BlackBerry user with passport and classic may not change

Posted via CB10
    10-04-15 02:58 AM
    Are you planning on using them both in overlapping roles, and carrying just one at a time, or do you envision using them in a complimentary fashion (carrying both)?

I realize that people have different priorities, but I can't think of much of anything I'd want to do with Android (or iOS) on a phone that wouldn't be better suited for a tablet. Namely media viewing, and games.

I have nothing against the two-device way of doing things, but I don't see the Priv fitting into that role (for me). It COULD (Assuming the basic functions were enough of a BB10 emulation) function as a Single device. As a second device--I bet I'd have better and cheaper options.

KAM
    I always carry 2 BB devices with me at all times; at the moment I carry PP SE and Z30 as my backup (just in case, something goes wrong with one device) for business, so the Priv will replace my Z30. Also I have the iPad for situations where larger image displays are necessary. It's what soothes me personally. I have never (really) used an android phone before but I always welcome changes in life.
    10-04-15 08:32 AM
    Because it's dope!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    10-04-15 08:51 AM
    I have a question for those that use the Passport to remote connect to their computers for files. Does the computer always have to be on for you to look through the computer for files?

Posted via my Awesome Red Passport running on T-Mobile Unlimited Data. SQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    10-04-15 09:53 AM
    I'm staying with my Pasport because....

The Perv looks cheap in the photos

The Perv is Android

The Passport is a great phone

The Passport has BB10

Posted via CB10
    Got2GetAway likes this.
    10-04-15 10:07 AM
    I'll stick with my Passport. I prefer knowing that the omnipresent Google will not have complete access to my life.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-15 12:00 PM
    I always carry 2 BB devices with me at all times; at the moment I carry PP SE and Z30 as my backup (just in case, something goes wrong with one device) for business, so the Priv will replace my Z30. Also I have the iPad for situations where larger image displays are necessary. It's what soothes me personally. I have never (really) used an android phone before but I always welcome changes in life.
    Well, I have used an Android device before and it sucked. However, to be fair, that was a long time ago. Maybe they've caught up with features that others offered in 2009.

I think your setup is perfectly reasonable, so I'm not questioning you--just trying to understand how it would work for you. I can't say the combo you want to use would be what I'd choose, but that's just my preference.

If I went two device One would be a dedicated communication tool (the primary device) and the 2nd would be a Small Tablet or Phablet, which might not have anything but Wi-Fi. Right now I don't have a suitable device for this second theoretical spot, and I never really have.

That said--I WOULD consider an Android device for that "media" slot (also games, etc). I have an iPad which I hate (although some game are available there, but not on Android), but it isn't something I'm gonna carry with me in a pocket.

KAM
    10-04-15 12:05 PM
    wife will be getting it. i'll be sticking with my passport as I like the form factor! But who knows, I might end up getting one too! LOL
    10-04-15 12:39 PM
    I have a question for those that use the Passport to remote connect to their computers for files. Does the computer always have to be on for you to look through the computer for files?

Posted via my Awesome Red Passport running on T-Mobile Unlimited Data. SQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    I have a linksys ea6500 router that has 2 USB ports & Shelly think if one attaches a USB HDD like WD passport to it the computer could be off & passport might access that. The computer itself must be ON to see its internal file system.
    10-04-15 12:58 PM
    Because I love the keyboard,the look,the OS, and the screen. I won't quit Passport until there is a better Passport.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-15 01:21 PM

These are the Apps I would like - turboscan (very handy), !
    Have you looked at CamScanner?

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    PonyCrazyKid likes this.
    10-04-15 02:28 PM
    I highly doubt there will be a passport -2 running BB10., they may come out eventually with an Android passport, but the bottom line is you will eventually have to get some thing else.
    10-04-15 06:13 PM
    @ LoneStarRed

After I get my Passport, at some point I will look at a few Apps - will certainly check out CamScanner and if it's as good or better than the TurboScan for my 4s, great.

Thanks for the suggestion!
    10-04-15 06:29 PM
    Because I have no reason to get rid of it in favour of any other phone, it handles my needs and uses extremely well.

Posted via CB10
    This was exactly my point today in response to an article about BlackBerry being dead. People who own BlackBerry do not upgrade (for the most part) as soon as a new device comes out. They tend to hold onto their phones much longer than iPhone or Android users from what I can tell.

Via PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    10-04-15 06:57 PM

As far as I know, yes.

Via PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    10-04-15 06:58 PM
    Just had this happen literally right now.

I'm sitting at my eye doctor waiting for my appointment. There is a guy in business casual attire sitting next to me. I pull out my Passport to browse and kill time before my appointment.

He's reading emails from his iPhone. I guess he hates the phone when typing on a screen because he muttered to himself "auto correct sucks".

The only way auto correct sucks is if you are making a lot of mistakes when you type.

I don't know if this guy is typing business emails or not, but there is nothing better then typing a sentence and having full confidence that it is one hundred percent accurate without even looking at the screen.

As a point of reference I just typed out the sentence before this one without looking at the screen. Can iphone users boast that?

mmrshll likes this.
    10-05-15 09:22 AM
124 12345