Hi everyone.
    A few weeks ago, as I was waking through a University campus in the rain, my Passport slipped out of my wet hand and fell onto the road beside the path I was walking on - just in time for the number 38 bus to run over it. The phone was in a Stilgut leather case and landed with the case closed and screen-side down. A girl walking the other direction on the same path saw what happened and let out a little scream as the phone went under the wheels, which makes me laugh in hindsight - I was frozen in panic and she pretty much expressed what I was feeling...!

But, the phone survived and works absolutely perfectly. The body is a little bent, so it doesn't rest flat on a table top any more, and there is a small semi-circular crack at one edge of the glass (outside the actual display area). I think the Stilgut case had a lot to do with the survival of the phone, as it meant that the screen was not pressed directly against the road surface; the case was destroyed and its plastic housing cracked and took a lot of the impact. Nevertheless, the phone held up under some immense pressure. The screen has just started to rise up on the lower right hand corner, which is worrying and will mean I need a repair or eventual replacement, but I think that's because I sat down with it in my back pocket and not in a case yesterday, which likely stressed the bend just a little more. It still does everything it did before it went under the bus.

Anyway, just thought I'd share this experience, which is proof to me that the Passport is just a beast of a phone, as robust and well built outside as it is powerful inside. They should have called it the Shire Horse, or Blackberry Clydesdale.
    02-28-16 02:13 PM
    Damn... that is some serious pressure... glad it survived.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-16 10:36 PM
    Man.. that's a one tough phone!! Lucky your phone survived it. Such happy ending.

But it'll be much more happy ending if you get the girl's phone number. You know, who shares the same feeling.. I mean about the phone lol. hehehe kidding!! =)

Posted via Z30
    anon(8050899) likes this.
    02-29-16 09:50 AM
    I would have played lotto right after that.

Blackberry Passport
    J_Apryono and dmlis like this.
    02-29-16 11:54 AM
    A iPhone would have been destroyed!!! Love my passport!!

Posted via CB10
    LoneStarRed likes this.
    02-29-16 10:20 PM
    Boy, talk about throwing BlackBerry under the bus. Hope that isn't a sign of things to come.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-16 10:08 AM
    Tweet this to BlackBerry and Stilgut. If they are smart ,one will feature it!

"I don't think that word means what you think it means."
    03-01-16 12:37 PM
    Pics of the phone and case?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-01-16 08:02 PM
    Honestly, my passport has took the most punishment of any other phone I have owned. It is still in great shape after at least 10 good drops.

I have had mine in a flex shell and hard shell case during those drops. I am sold on the build quality of this phone. I wish they would make a 2nd generation. I would buy it without question.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-16 10:43 PM
    pictures please
    03-02-16 08:21 PM
    pictures please
    Of the bus.
    Cracklen and anon(8050899) like this.
    03-04-16 05:24 PM
    pictures please
    Of the girl.

Posted via CB10
    tryfe likes this.
    03-04-16 05:34 PM
    My iphone survived being run over by a ford transit van, only had a tempered glass protector on it. My last passport's keyboard broke after it fell from a 2m drop. Had to buy a new passport as at the time they didn't sell parts for it. Just unfortunate really.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-16 03:24 PM
    Wait, so the Passport survived being ran over by a bus but got bent because you sat on it in your back pocket without a case on it? Seems more like a beast of a case to me.
    03-05-16 08:14 PM