I just got a new job a month and back then my choices of blackberry were the q10 and the z10. I got the q10 and I enjoyed it. A couple of weeks later the passport and the classic became available and I was still Within my 30 day window so i returned the q10 to get the passport and I love it!!! Best blackberry I've owned period. You'll love it!!!!

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 09:29 PM
    Just got mine at noon today -- coming from, and keeping, my Note 4. New job offered me the phone of my choice so that was all the excuse I needed to get a Passport.

Haven't had a blackberry in years so I'm adjusting. I think I need a blackberry 101 refresher course -- I keep hitting the non-existent home key to wake it up. But I'll eventually find way I know.

More reading to do here that's for sure.

What was the release date for Passport in US?

BTW, I'm on AT&T - I gather that it's slightly different than other Passports -- is it just the rounded edges or are there more differences/

Jacki
    03-15-15 12:37 AM
    I think you'll fall head over heels for the Blackberry Passport. I have the AT&T version and it's really an awesome phone. I especially like the Blackberry Hub and Blackberry Blend features to name a few. I discover more features everyday. Coming from a Note 4, I would have to say I much prefer the Blackberry Passport. If you're interested, TECHNOBUFFALO is holding their yearly "March Mobile Madness Survey". Today, March 15th, the Blackberry Passport is going up against Motorola Droid Turbo. I've used both phones and I have to say that the Blackberry Passport by far is the winner for me. So, if you have time head over and support Blackberry.
    03-15-15 01:07 AM
    Hi guys,will buy a passport tomorrow. Is it worth it? Any advice,comments,suggestions?

Thanks

Posted via CB10 for BlackBerry Z30
    Did you get it?
    Was it worth it?
    I LOVE mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    BEST phone ever!
    03-15-15 01:23 AM
    Just got mine at noon today -- coming from, and keeping, my Note 4. New job offered me the phone of my choice so that was all the excuse I needed to get a Passport.

Haven't had a blackberry in years so I'm adjusting. I think I need a blackberry 101 refresher course -- I keep hitting the non-existent home key to wake it up. But I'll eventually find way I know.

More reading to do here that's for sure.

What was the release date for Passport in US?

BTW, I'm on AT&T - I gather that it's slightly different than other Passports -- is it just the rounded edges or are there more differences/

Jacki
    Corners are the only difference.
    I got the square one and I LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    howards likes this.
    03-15-15 01:24 AM
    Corners are the only difference.
    I got the square one and I LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Don't forget about wireless charging abilities with the AT&T model.

Z30 / STA 100-3 / 10.2.1.3289
    03-15-15 02:07 AM
    Worth it!!!! It's worth every penny. My life is so easy after having this. Never miss an appointment or meeting or occasion. Everything is so fast and precise.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 04:32 AM
    Hi guys, thanks for all your advices. I got my new BlackBerry passport today. Im currently updating my apps and OS. Havent explore it much yet. Im excited..any tips?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for BlackBerry Z30
    Attached Thumbnails Im getting a passport tomorrow,was it worth it?-58779.jpg  
    03-15-15 07:56 AM
    Hi guys, thanks for all your advices. I got my new BlackBerry passport today. Im currently updating my apps and OS. Havent explore it much yet. Im excited..any tips?

If any issue, load OS 10.3.1.2480
    Enjoy your new Passport ;-)

Workhorse: BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.2.2.1531; Power Workhorse: BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.1.2480; Germany.
    03-15-15 08:18 AM
    Get a pair of baggy pants..haha!!.Try Assistant I'll bet you love it.
    03-15-15 08:24 AM

And now... You're one of us!

Congrats on the new Passport!

Read the Keyboard Tips under the STICKIES section. Enjoy!

Posted via my Pretty WhiteBerry Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2267 (from10.3.0.1418)
    03-15-15 09:05 AM
    Congrats! Welcome to the passport side of mobile

Read all the sticky threads that is a must!

One thing I do is try to avoid storing it in my pants pocket as much as I can and when I do I am careful with bending my leg too much and also I put the screen facing outwards and always in a holster. I know I might be over doing it but I do not want to take my chances "twisting it. Maybe that is just me going obsessive though.

Charge at night, the battery is huge, but I think you will not be able to put it down anytime soon , but even then, most probably it will last you through 1,5-2 days, depending on the use.

One thing I did when I first got it was add my word substitution shortcuts. Go to settings / prediction and correction / word substitution.
    there you see all the short words that when written will be substituted by another word. Add your short words and then the corresponding word. You can even include whole sentences you use often or work jargon. I find this extremely useful while composing a text.

The most important thing,just enjoy

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 09:25 AM
    Update the OS to 10.3.1.2558 .

Posted via CB10
    Jonard Bais likes this.
    03-15-15 09:28 AM
    I've had mine for a month and love it. Still waiting for 10.3.1 as well, after that I think I need to explore more features and apps as I'm sure I have only scratched the surface so far.

Posted via CB10
    Jonard Bais likes this.
    03-15-15 10:18 AM
    Congratulations on your new Passport. I upgraded from a Q10 about a month ago and love the 3 row keyboard. Didn't think I would, but the learning curve was really quite short. The predictive words and swipe is a joy. I go back to my Q10 periodically and I can't believe how small the keys are. I was a 2 handed typer anyways and the Passport just feels so natural.

Posted via CB10
    Jonard Bais likes this.
    03-15-15 11:05 AM
    Hey man, relax and enjoy! I switched from iDevices and no regret!
    I decided or a Passport for work and a Classic for privete use...and although still with lots of work to do (Box doesn't work...but Evernote, Simplenote and Dropbox are fine) B-Folders is an amazing app and synch flawlessly with everything and everywhere!!!
    I'm feeling happier with the new machines...but I must confess I'm feeling a great "weakness" for the upcomming Classic Bronze (well after all a man is entitled to some "male jewellery" from time to time!
    PS: I also bought a Classic for my stepson who works for a major Telephone Carrier and he is absolutely delighted!
    03-15-15 01:46 PM
    The passport is the biggest advancement for a communications and productivity device I have discovered in recent years. Fully comparable to switching from Windows to Mac OS. It's a revolution.

Posted via CB10
    True. Thank God someone speak my feeling into words. Switching from those Android phones (Because iPhones are stable but too basic, too hop, and not enough) to BlackBerry Passport like switching from Windows to Mac.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    xpandedreality likes this.
    03-15-15 02:57 PM
    Love passport. Everytime I leave I come back

Posted via CB10
    Jonard Bais likes this.
    03-15-15 03:10 PM
    I quite honestly used to change phones every 3-4 months switching from different android phones, now the passport has passed the "urge to change phone" phase as I am reaching into my 5th month

Posted via CB10
    I feel ya. I'm the same way. I haven't had mine long enough yet but I was just wondering myself if this would be the one. I think so. Every day I have it, I'm more and more convinced I made the right decision and I'm coming from the Note Edge. I don't know why, after all this time on android, I somehow KNEW this was the time to jump back to the beloved Blackberry. I just did and thank the stars above that I made that leap of faith. I am NOT sorry. Long live the Berry.
    03-15-15 03:55 PM

Yah, get the PDF manual and read it. Hard to discover everything on your own these days. First thing I do.
    03-15-15 03:59 PM
    Allow yourself some time to adjust to the form factor and then be prepared to be amazed. You won't be able to put it down.

The White Knight-BlackBerry Passport 10.3.1.2480
    03-15-15 04:40 PM
    Best BlackBerry in a long time and according to me the best ever

You will love it!
    03-15-15 05:50 PM
    Im using it now .. Im adjusting and keeping my self comfortable..I like this device..what I notice is the keyboards backlight,it will lit and off,weird,is this normal?

Attached Thumbnails Im getting a passport tomorrow,was it worth it?-58806.jpg  
    03-15-15 10:07 PM
    Allow yourself some time to adjust to the form factor and then be prepared to be amazed. You won't be able to put it down.

The White Knight-BlackBerry Passport 10.3.1.2480
    I'm getting myself comfortable. In adjusting to the distances of keys in the keypad. I'm still exploring

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    03-15-15 10:12 PM
    Yes that's normal. It will depend on the ambient light of the phone's location. If you put it under bright light, it will turn off. If you're in a low light room or when you cover the sensor, above and left of the BlackBerry logo, it will light up.

Posted via my Pretty WhiteBerry Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2267 (from10.3.0.1418)
    Andrew Finley likes this.
    03-15-15 10:13 PM
107 12345