I'm considering getting a Passport and using it on t mobile. I currently have Sprint bit would be willing to switch. I really like the Keyone but I'm reading issues with it and nervous to get one. I know the Passport is a solid phone with good signal and so forth. Any advice. Thanks.
    anon(8679041) likes this.
    10-05-17 06:19 AM
    I'm considering getting a Passport and using it on t mobile. I currently have Sprint bit would be willing to switch. I really like the Keyone but I'm reading issues with it and nervous to get one. I know the Passport is a solid phone with good signal and so forth. Any advice. Thanks.
    It's hard in good conscience to recommend a 3 year old phone running an EOL OS with a deprecated ecosystem.

I have the KEYᵒⁿᵉ and have no issues at all.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    10-05-17 06:37 AM
    If you are dead set on getting the Passport, I would like to strongly suggest you accompany it with an android or iphone device. At this point in time and even more so in the future, android apps can no longer run correctly on BB10, the browser is slow and heavy, whatsappp is only officially supported until the end of 2017, even dropbox is no longer supported on its file manager. Facebook, youtube, and linkedin are all actually run on Browser. Netflix can no longer be run on it (used to be, three-two years ago, on the browser).

It's a glorified feature phone, to put it bluntly. Best only for email, text, call, local video and audio, and mobile typing or simple document viewing and creation.
    Last edited by bhoqeem; 10-05-17 at 07:13 AM.
    10-05-17 06:46 AM
    The Passport have reports of losing mobile signal with no reported solution and only usable as WiFi device.

KEYone is a current device with valid support and warranty. Buy a Passport expecting problems and limitations. Expect to switch to a backup or second device to perform certain tasks and maintain efficient use of your time.
    10-05-17 06:49 AM
    If just email, texting, viewing/editing docs and pdf then you are fine. If you need other apps, good luck! They will just slowly die. However I have it working on MetroPCS which is a Tmobile network. WiFi calling works also.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-17 07:10 AM
    The Passport have reports of losing mobile signal with no reported solution and only usable as WiFi device.

KEYone is a current device with valid support and warranty. Buy a Passport expecting problems and limitations. Expect to switch to a backup or second device to perform certain tasks and maintain efficient use of your time.
    I am one of them with that issuse. Please don't. whatsapp native is almost dead. Dropbox native just recently dead. Most android apps is laggy.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-17 07:12 AM
    It all depends on what your daily use looks like. I have Passport with TMO here in NYC and i'm pretty happy with it. But I don't use any social apps (except the native twitter), and my daily usage is mostly emails, calendar appointments, NY Times, Guardian and a few other news apps. The Blend is a joy, especially for me being glued in front of a PC nine to five. I also have the DTEK60, which I switch to once in awhile.
    Again, it all depends on what ur daily routine is. And word of advice on ur carrier, switch to TMO ASAP!

Posted via CB10
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    10-05-17 08:25 AM
    I was a passport lover. But right now switched into another device. lol
    10-05-17 08:42 AM
    BlackBerry Passport is a beyond great quality built device with an awesome OS, the keyboard is the best in class and the email management is superb but... I wouldn't buy again the passport.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-17 08:49 AM
    I use it rarely now. Felt cheated by blackerry when they n longer rolled updates. Switched to Apple. Use this as a second mobile.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-17 09:14 AM
    Don't buy it if you need Android apps. Some will work, and some won't, but the situation will not get better.

If you only need the core mobile apps for MS Exchange (email, calendar, tasks, notes, contacts) with the basics of camera, music, video, etc, it's still a great performer. One of the BEST phones for reading documents or eBooks.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    10-05-17 09:38 AM
    It all depends on your needs OP, what would you primarily use the Passport for (phone calls, apps, etc)?

Users have reported signal issues with the Keyone as well. I think the Priv or Classic would be the only "safe" options for signal if you also need a physical keyboard.
    10-05-17 10:05 AM
    One of the BEST phones for reading documents or eBooks.

I have a PRIV that I regularly use to read books and find it perfectly workable. Even the KeyONE should be decent for reading books because I had a Classic before the PRIV and it was fine for reading also.

Mind you, if the Classic was decent for reading books then the Passport should be that much better, with the wide screen.

Seriously, at this point I would recommend OP against getting a Passport at this point: I have moved off BB10 to PRIV and love it thoroughly. I liked BB10 but it's just a DYING eco-system.
    10-05-17 10:50 AM
    I bought a KEYONE and am using it for a month.I like KEYone it's good but I love passport.

Posted via CB10
    BigAl_BB9900 and Mcimac like this.
    10-05-17 11:20 AM
    I have a PRIV that I regularly use to read books and find it perfectly workable. Even the KeyONE should be decent for reading books because I had a Classic before the PRIV and it was fine for reading also.

Mind you, if the Classic was decent for reading books then the Passport should be that much better, with the wide screen.

Seriously, at this point I would recommend OP against getting a Passport at this point: I have moved off BB10 to PRIV and love it thoroughly. I liked BB10 but it's just a DYING eco-system.
    I bought a Priv and a KEYone, but still do 90% of my paid work on BB10 (Z10 and Passport). Whether or not BB10 is still useful really depends on your need for third party apps. But, I agree that, unless you really know why you're choosing BB10, it's probably better to go with an Android or iPhone in 2017 and beyond.

BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    10-05-17 11:21 AM
    I truly enjoy using my Passport everyday. I use it for the basics and a couple of apps, Twitter, CrackBerry, Reddit. Everything else is done via the Web browser. Best BlackBerry 10 device!

Posted via CB10
    10-05-17 11:43 AM
    I JUST got the Passport last week. For me it's a huge upgrade. I've been using a Leap for the past two years, and the Passport feels like it just flies by comparison. The Android apps run so much smoother than on the Leap.

Having said that, I don't really use apps beside Instagram and twitter (both native BB10 apps). The few Android apps that I've downloaded from Amazon or the Google Play store work perfectly and smoothly. If you're coming from a slower phone, and need basic apps, you should be fine.

I'm not ready to give up BB10 because it does everything that I need it to, but I'm one of the few dinosaurs left on this platform.

If you want the latest apps, as most can agree, move onto an Android phone. BB10 is not for you.

Posted via CB10
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    10-05-17 12:12 PM
    Works fine for me on T mobile.

Posted via CB10
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    10-05-17 02:12 PM
    If you are dead set on getting the Passport, I would like to strongly suggest you accompany it with an android or iphone device. At this point in time and even more so in the future, android apps can no longer run correctly on BB10, the browser is slow and heavy, whatsappp is only officially supported until the end of 2017, even dropbox is no longer supported on its file manager. Facebook, youtube, and linkedin are all actually run on Browser. Netflix can no longer be run on it (used to be, three-two years ago, on the browser).

It's a glorified feature phone, to put it bluntly. Best only for email, text, call, local video and audio, and mobile typing or simple document viewing and creation.
    There is Face10 for Facebook and Supertube for Youtube.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-17 03:47 PM
    Are you using a BB10 device now? If so you should know what to expect.

If not, now isn't the time to jump into a OS that was ended back in 2014 (10.3.3 wasn't a real update) and is becoming less and less compatible in today's ever changing world.
    10-05-17 03:57 PM
    There is Face10 for Facebook and Supertube for Youtube.

Posted via CB10
    Face10 sucks BAD after a while. Seriously. Supertube is convoluted and cumbersome. I'd prefer Fasttube, but even this is now gone from BBW.
    Last edited by bhoqeem; 10-05-17 at 05:15 PM.
    10-05-17 04:15 PM
    I loved my Passport on T-Mobile, but the lack of apps was a definite problem. I wanted to have apps. Glad that I got the KEYone. I have the apps that I need. No major problems with my KEYone, which I have used for 4 months now.
    10-05-17 04:45 PM
    I own both.

Depends on if you need apps and how much money you wanna spend. In USD, my last Passport was $170 and the Keyone is $550.

Both are unique phones and I could recommend either depending on your intended use. Keyone is more modern, faster and has all the apps. Passport has way better signal strength in low service areas and call quality. Passport has great battery life, but the Keyone is even better.

In a perfect world I would like the OS, form factor and call quality of the passport and the speed, camera, and perhaps apps of the Keyone.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-17 06:34 PM
    OP, we can't really provide a good answer without knowing what you want to use the phone for.
    10-05-17 06:55 PM

Wasn't aware of this - using 3G on EE UK my Passport has always seemed to get better reception than other phones (eg friends & colleagues' phones) on the same network.

[I previously wondered if the great reception on my Passport was a 'lucky break' in that the frequency spectrum that EE UK 3G uses suits the Passport's antenna... but comparison with other phones when abroad using different networks (eg when in Egypt, and rural parts of Italy & France) has still shown my Passport to be able to get a signal when others can't.]

Unfortunately I haven't yet been able to do a signal strength comparison against a KeyOne, as the only KeyOne owner I know uses a different UK network (Vodafone) - he thinks that his previous Passport (also on Vodafone) might have had slightly better reception.
    Qorax likes this.
    10-06-17 09:14 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD