Hello everyone! After testing a Samsung Galaxy S6 and a Iphone SE, I'm back with a Passport

Very happy to have a physical keyboard, a amazing screen and a powerful battery.

The hub is a killer feature!

I'm asking you witch apps should I install ? No matter what (personnal or work), I'm curious to hear you.

So proud to be back in the family!
    Marcaroni likes this.
    07-26-16 11:36 AM
    Blaq if you use Twitter, Reddit in Motion if you use Reddit.
    07-26-16 11:38 AM
    Get a good device backup app such as Ultimate Backup (from BBW). Costs a few dollars but is excellent and is well worth it. I know you can use Blackberry Link on your PC, but it is glitchy sometimes.
    07-26-16 11:44 AM
    I'm back on Blackberry! Best apps to install?-img_20160727_004328.png

Here is my screenshot, Workwide I would say welcome back

Posted via CB10
    Brian Scheirer and valer466 like this.
    07-26-16 02:14 PM
    Star Player if you want a Media Player,
    Browsie for a Web browser,
    ClipMan

Posted via CB10
    jope28 likes this.
    07-26-16 02:20 PM
    Hello everyone! After testing a Samsung Galaxy S6 and a Iphone SE, I'm back with a Passport

Very happy to have a physical keyboard, a amazing screen and a powerful battery.

The hub is a killer feature!

I'm asking you witch apps should I install ? No matter what (personnal or work), I'm curious to hear you.

So proud to be back in the family!
    Congratulations, great choice! I'm now on a PRIV but also keep my Passport as secondary device and actually, prefer it for answering emails on it. With that said, the best apps I recommend are:

1.- Playcloud (buy the full version, I think it's $0.99) - It is the best way to have Google Drive cloud access on BB10, along with other cloud services.

2.- SuperTube, it's the best YouTube client, also recommend getting the full paid version. It gets constant updates and the developer's support is second to none.

3.- Videoshrinker, great for making videos smaller as the feature is not present on either BBM or WhatsApp. This app is from the same developer as SuperTube.

4.- Mock It, a great app for making memes and some photo editing.

5.- Facebook: Keep the old version installed, don't update to the "newer" one on BBW (just a browser shortcut). Other options: Face Slim, an android port with basic notification options; and Face10, it's native and Hub notifications work fine (you need the Pro version). The only problem with the latter is you need the accompanying Messenger app, which is not really good. There are other options, but these are the ones I'd recommend.

6.- From the Amazon Appstore you can grab: Skype, Spotify, Waze and Mega (Beta). There's also a version of Shazam, but it used to crash on my Passport (not sure if it still does). I prefer Soundhound, whether the native (but outdated) app from BBW or the Android version from GPS.

7.- Check Cobalt's solution to get Google Play Store and have access to many more Android apps: http://forums.crackberry.com/android...ctions-985344/

Other apps I've used from BBW and consider good are: Wikipedia for BlackBerry 10, Scan to Text, Business Cards, Snap2Share and of course CB10.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android with my  PRIV by BlackBerry.
    Last edited by JG_Agustin; 07-26-16 at 03:16 PM.
    weael16 and methodinsane like this.
    07-26-16 02:30 PM
    Neutron Music Player for music and streaming radios.
    Feedminder for hub notifications of favourite Twitter friends.
    sip.fm for VOIP calls.
    BlackBullet as your Pushbullet client.
    07-26-16 02:49 PM
    My faves are Power Tools (for extra notification settings)
    Gadget Box
    Wikipedia
    Doo

Behold, my thumbs have spoken.
    07-26-16 04:39 PM
    In addition to what's been mentioned so far:

- BROWSER: QBrowser Pro paired with Zeus
    - IM: Telegram
    - MICROSOFT: Office Mobile, OneNote
    - CLOUD STORAGE: DropBox, OneDrive, Box
    - VNC: Teamviewer
    - PODCASTS: Nobex
    - AUDIO BOOKS: Audible (starts slow), Overdrive, 3M CloudLibrary, Oneclick Digital
    - MUSIC: GoMusic, N7Player, RocketPlayer
    - AUTO: DashCam Pro, OnStar MobileLink, myBuick
    - TODO: RememberTheMilk
    - FILE MGR: GhostCommander
    - AUTOMATION: IF, LIFTT, DoButton, DoCamera, DoNote
    - Angie's List
    - MyATT&T
    - Pwned Database
    - MEDICAL: Healow, MyCigna, eClinicalMobile, SmartClinic
    - MICROSOFT ACCESS: Access_Table, Access_Editor, Access_Viewer
    - Events - MeetUp Client
    - PASSWORD MGR: 1Password 4 (won't upgrade, but syncs to DropBox)

Sources:
    - BlackBerry World
    - Amazon AppStore, Amazon Underground
    - 1Mobile Market
    - APKMirror

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by oharamj; 07-27-16 at 12:20 AM.
    07-26-16 05:25 PM
    How do you feel being back on the Passport? I did the same thing as you. As a matter of fact I bought the SE after getting rid of my OG and going to the 6 plus SE.

Currently, my passport is being used as an Emailer mainly because after a few days there were just basic things that I could do better on the iPhone than the SE, mainly regarding apps.

Still love my passport but it's use is limited. Definitely a great device for hammering out emails. But I want to know if there is anyway out there who uses BB10 apps only and isn't feeling any issues with the app divide??

If BB10 had the app suppor the other OS's have it would be over with! Imagine a Passport with full snapcht, instagram, whatsapp, and facebook accessibility. People would be communicating like hell.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-16 05:28 PM
    Just a postscript: Even tho BlackBerry Travel seems useless, this screenshot shows the Passport with BB10 still provides good support to travellers:

I'm back on Blackberry! Best apps to install?-img_20160726_162728.png

Posted via CB10
    07-26-16 06:31 PM
    Just a postscript: Even tho BlackBerry Travel seems useless
    I don't find it "useless" at all. Worked great for my trip to Bermuda in Feb. and I am just planning a trip to Aussie and NZ and it is picking up everything! Just make sure to set your ticket purchases to "text only" when you check out from an airline/hotel/car rental etc. This app is fantastic in my opinion.
    07-26-16 06:45 PM
    I don't find it "useless" at all. Worked great for my trip to Bermuda in Feb. and I am just planning a trip to Aussie and NZ and it is picking up everything! Just make sure to set your ticket purchases to "text only" when you check out from an airline/hotel/car rental etc. This app is fantastic in my opinion.
    I will take another look - thanks.

I tried using it a couple months ago and couldn't get anywhere using it. Must be doing something wrong...

Posted via CB10
    07-26-16 07:06 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160727_004328.png 
Views:	658 
Size:	239.7 KB 
ID:	404868

Here is my screenshot, Workwide I would say welcome back

Posted via CB10
    Good god! How do you get folders, kind sir?

EDIT: Okay, so I tried the only thing that I hadn't tried, which is dragging one icon on top of another. Voila - it makes a folder and asks you to name it!

Guys, for anyone who hadn't picked it up yet - yep, you get folders on BB10.
    HighFlight88 likes this.
    07-26-16 07:36 PM
    Just a postscript: Even tho BlackBerry Travel seems useless, this screenshot shows the Passport with BB10 still provides good support to travellers:

Posted via CB10
    Blackberry Travel is one of the most used applications for me. I travel every week, usually with minimum 4 flight segments and usually +6, multiple hotel reservations and car rentals.

I use it to log my reservations and have them sent to the calendar. Maybe it works well for me 'cause usually only use Aircanada, United and American. Itineraries always get logged properly.

Chris - Posted from my PP SE on CB10
    Attached Thumbnails I'm back on Blackberry! Best apps to install?-img_20160726_204811.png  
    Last edited by Chris Chin; 07-27-16 at 03:20 PM.
    07-26-16 07:48 PM
    Im very happy to being back to passport.
    Yes its true that I dont have a lot of apps like ios or Android.
    To be honest, I prefer Web mobile.
    I like surfing with the passport screen, very confortable.
    The sensitive keyboard is pretty cool.
    I dont feel like I miss something.

I dont know why, but crackberry is like a little family.

Posted via CB10
    marvinfearon likes this.
    07-26-16 08:51 PM
    I will take another look - thanks.

I tried using it a couple months ago and couldn't get anywhere using it. Must be doing something wrong...

Posted via CB10
    The key is to make sure confirmation emails are sent back to you in plain text NOT html. Hope that helps!
    07-26-16 10:15 PM
    Will add few items:
    Parrot Voice recorder
    Data usage counter
    Hello GPS
    Navfree
    Rad.io
    Vibrate on cal connect 10
    Custom Shortcuts
    Cisco Webex

Posted via CB10
    paulwallace1234 likes this.
    07-27-16 01:48 AM
    If BB10 had the app suppor the other OS's have it would be over with! Imagine a Passport with full snapcht, instagram, whatsapp, and facebook accessibility. People would be communicating like hell.

Posted via CB10
    Actually the old native Facebook app still works (you can also use Facebox), WhatsApp still works and there is Igrann or Inst10 for Instagram.

No need to imagine, just knowing what is available.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-16 05:30 AM
    Best apps what I use: Palabre - RSS Reader, Carbon - Twitter client, Tapatalk - forums manager, Pocket Casts - listening, downloading podcasts, 1Password - password manager and TuneIn Radtio - listening best radio stations.
    07-27-16 07:28 AM
    What do people use for iTunes music? Copy onto SD card? Or do I need to convert?
    07-27-16 09:31 AM
    Blackberry Beta

Posted via CB10
    07-27-16 12:02 PM
    I use Work Wide on occasion. Call Blocker Pro, Autoreply, AntiVirus Mobile. I also like HubBrowser.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    Brian Scheirer likes this.
    07-27-16 03:07 PM
    I would say jetpack joyride however,i can't find it on blackberry world anymore.kind of a kick in the nads by blackberry to pull the game on bb10
    Totally licking androids robot balls and killing their own platform in the process.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-16 04:33 PM
    Best apps for bb10 article should of started with
    Once upon a time...

Posted via CB10
    07-27-16 04:45 PM
39 12