Because my virtual keyboard at Z30 is just too good! I'm afraid that I won't be able to type without looking again, or type as fast or as accurate. And the screen is LCD, I like OLED better, for battery life.

Does anyone has the same concern? Or do you have other concern why do you hesitate to make the move to Passport? Please share here!
    lift and Davidro1 like this.
    09-06-14 05:35 AM
    Because my virtual keyboard at Z30 is just too good! I'm afraid that I won't be able to type without looking again, or type as fast or as accurate. And the screen is LCD, I like OLED better, for battery life.

Does anyone has the same concern? Or do you have other concern why do you hesitate to make the move to Passport? Please share here!
    You prefer the battery life of the z30? How long have you been testing your Passport for?

Posted via CB10
    09-06-14 05:37 AM
    You prefer the battery life of the z30? How long have you been testing your Passport for?

Posted via CB10
    He prefer the battery life of a device with Amoled Display!

Posted via CB10
    lift and cbosdell like this.
    09-06-14 05:42 AM
    He prefer the battery life of a device with Amoled Display!

Posted via CB10
    Impossible to say that, because the Passport has a much bigger battery. Unless of course he has been testing the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-14 05:43 AM
    Nope I can't wait to get the passport, as much as I love my z30 I miss that keyboard and the passport keyboard seems to be revolutionary compared to the older blackberries.

As for OLED?? I prefer LCD especially in bright sunlight where OLED sucks. Sure the blacks are blacker but to me that's not the end all be all.

But I cannot wait for the passport, the sooner it's released the sooner I can get my hands on one.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Spawn12; 09-06-14 at 06:21 AM.
    austriker likes this.
    09-06-14 05:44 AM
    My concern is going to be the size and feel of the Passport. I'm in the US so I'm not sure if I'll be able to try it out in a store. If I buy it, and I most likely will. I'd be winging it.

Posted via CB10
    TX Jedi, EsJayDee and maclaskey like this.
    09-06-14 05:45 AM
    Passport's battery is huge - I think it will have a battery life on par or better than the Z30.

And LCD screen is way better in sunlight.
    09-06-14 05:45 AM
    You know oled is only better as long as the colors on your screen are dark. When it comes to colors oled uses more power.

BlackBerry Q10 SQN100-3
    austriker likes this.
    09-06-14 05:53 AM
    Because my virtual keyboard at Z30 is just too good! I'm afraid that I won't be able to type without looking again, or type as fast or as accurate
    Then your problem is not the Z30 or Passport. You need a Q10 (or Classic).
    09-06-14 05:56 AM
    My concern is going to be the size and feel of the Passport. I'm in the US so I'm not sure if I'll be able to try it out in a store. If I buy it, and I most likely will. I'd be winging it.

Posted via CB10
    State "France" instead of "US" and you got my thoughts, exactly
    tp2386 likes this.
    09-06-14 06:37 AM
    I am also afraid... I believe in "muscle memory" and owned Curve>Bold>Q10.
    HOWEVER, I consider the Classic being a slightly bigger Q10 (only one more row of icons) with a toolbelt.
    I tend to get the Passport, because it is something completely new.

I'll read the tests here and comments on CB... I still can't upgrade and don't know if my provider supports it.

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    09-06-14 07:23 AM
    My reservations are that my Z10 has performed flawlessly and here in Jamaica it's all "non" contract so I fear a cost of at least US$900+ (to be fair this is because of our high import duties on things like this)....can u justify the cost?

I also (as posted before) assuming my go to case manufacturer Seido will produce one in short time how will it fit on my waist?

Yes the Z10 keyboard is great, but I had a 9900 and a 9800 before that so I can make the transition easy enough.

All that said I definitely want one and as it comes out November allegedly here....but if it's stupid money I will buy overseas

Regards David

Posted via Digicel Z10 10.2.1.2977
    09-06-14 08:15 AM

Posted via CB10
    True. The size is also a good consideration. It would be a hassle to pocket it I guess.
    lift likes this.
    09-06-14 08:19 AM
    Nope I can't wait to get the passport, as much as I love my z30 I miss that keyboard and the passport keyboard seems to be revolutionary compared to the older blackberries.

As for OLED?? I prefer LCD especially in bright sunlight where OLED sucks. Sure the blacks are blacker but to me that's not the end all be all.

But I cannot wait for the passport, the sooner it's released the sooner I can get my hands on one.

Posted via CB10
    I like the color of OLED actually. And I don't know if it's only me, but I have nothing against OLED under direct sunlight.
    lift and cbosdell like this.
    09-06-14 08:20 AM
    Then your problem is not the Z30 or Passport. You need a Q10 (or Classic).
    Have you tried Z30 or Z10? The keyboard is fantastic.
    09-06-14 08:21 AM
    I'm in the same boat, I love the BlackBerry virtual keyboard and like the screen form factor of my Z30, struggling with the thought of going back to a physical keyboard. But the concept of a heat sensitive keyboard is becoming to appealing, it almost becomes an extension of the screen when scrolling...less smudges! Screen is big as well. I just can't help but feel I want to give it a try, it seems like such a cool concept. I'm not worried about battery life because the passport battery is massive. The fact it is LCD makes me hope it will be better in sunlight.

CB10'n it via da Z...30
    09-06-14 08:24 AM
    Note: The Passport is bigger and heavier than the Z30.

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    lift likes this.
    09-06-14 08:26 AM
    Oh come on! Not another whine about the passport! (And as if it will matter at all).
    09-06-14 08:47 AM
    Yeah I am so afraid to try a new phone. I cant sleep, help me!!!
    09-06-14 08:53 AM
    A few things...

Current physical keyboard users say the exact same things about the software keyboards. I've found that once you get used to it you can not look at your keyboard/type one handed to the best of your ability on either type.

If you don't want the Passport, don't get it. If you can't wait any longer for a new device then try something different or just have some patience and wait for the next touchscreen device with me and everyone else.

The one thing I really like about BlackBerry is that they strive to give us a choice in hardware. They are the only choice for those who want a high end physical keyboard and they have one of the best (severely underrated) OS on the planet that shines on touchscreens.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-14 09:05 AM
    As a Legacy Device hold out (Bold 9900) I am torn between the Classic and the Passport as my next device.

What scares me about choosing the Passport over the Classic is the fact that it so totally different from what I have been used to for the past 3 years, losing the Tool Belt and Track Pad and getting the Capacitive Keyboard will be a big transition to say the least.

Not too worried by the size though, if it fits in my Suit Jacket pocket for work then it's fine.

I like to keep my phones long term and from what we know so far the Passport looks more future proof than the Classic but I am still on the fence as to which way to go.

I guess that like a lot of people reading the reviews here on CB from proud new Passport owners when it is released will be invaluable to me.
    himeshshah likes this.
    09-06-14 09:06 AM
    Oh come on! Not another whine about the passport! (And as if it will matter at all).
    I didn't mean to whine. Just wanted to have discussion. I love passport. I don't think there has been may whining about passport though.
    09-06-14 09:10 AM
    Yeah I am so afraid to try a new phone. I cant sleep, help me!!!
    =.=
    09-06-14 09:13 AM
    A few things...

Current physical keyboard users say the exact same things about the software keyboards. I've found that once you get used to it you can not look at your keyboard/type one handed to the best of your ability on either type.

If you don't want the Passport, don't get it. If you can't wait any longer for a new device then try something different or just have some patience and wait for the next touchscreen device with me and everyone else.

The one thing I really like about BlackBerry is that they strive to give us a choice in hardware. They are the only choice for those who want a high end physical keyboard and they have one of the best (severely underrated) OS on the planet that shines on touchscreens.

Posted via CB10
    That's the problem. I want the Passport so much. Lol.
    eddy_berry likes this.
    09-06-14 09:14 AM

OLED's don't perform that much better battery-wise. Most of everything on the screen isn't very black. Also, phones with LCD screens can get excellent battery performance. See the Passport, LG G2, LG G3, HTC One (M8).
    09-06-14 11:20 AM
83 123 ...