I had no issues syncing outlook email, contacts calender to my Passport. And yes outlook is still very relevant, especially among those who no longer trust anything Google or Apple related.

Posted via CB10
    Really? You trust windows???? And microsoft??!
    Android, Windows, apple OS are all insecure..and now even Linux is...
    I stopped using Windows in the 1990's.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 07:15 PM

Posted via CB10
    You've got trust issues my friend

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1154
    10-11-14 07:19 PM
    I trust outlook/hotmail the most when it comes to email. After that it is yahoo.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 07:40 PM
    So after a month I sent the Passport back, I bought another one.
    I thought I have to upgrade and take the leap of BB10.

But man, I sent it back already. Its too heavy and big. And I realized I only
    make calls, set appontments and delegate tasks via BBM.

I'm done with the Passport and the upcoming Classic too, since I dont need its features.
    11-16-14 07:47 AM

Posted via CB10
    I had the same opinion as you, and have been a Linux user for years. But Windows 8.1 changed that - I actually like it AND trust it. Microsoft is positioning itself as the anti-Google, so it has publicly stated that it will no longer collect user data from people using its services (such as Outlook.com). So I send my email to Outlook.com and with Exchange Active Sync, my email, contacts, calendar and tasks are synced across all my devices, instantly.

The BlackBerry contacts app has lost contacts for me (after I tried to link some duplicates), but Outlook allows recovery for up to 30 days, so I got them all back. I hope BlackBerry fixes it soon, it's annoying to have to delete and reinstall my main account.

I would never go back to the BBOS way of doing email

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 09:41 AM
    I wonder if the OP is still using Outlook 2003 or maybe 2000. Outlook 2010 added ribbon bars and 2013 is different too, no menus. Everything changes! I am looking forward to the return of more shortcut keys, but it is pretty easy to get around, swipe or type. "Email joe" "Calendar" or tap an icon? One of the things I have enjoyed the most is learning what the Passport can do better than my Z30 and there is absolutely no comparison to my Bold 9900 or 9700!

Rockin a Passport and Z30! Two devices are better than 1!
    11-16-14 11:15 AM
    So after a month I sent the Passport back, I bought another one.
    I thought I have to upgrade and take the leap of BB10.

But man, I sent it back already. Its too heavy and big. And I realized I only
    make calls, set appontments and delegate tasks via BBM.

I'm done with the Passport and the upcoming Classic too, since I dont need its features.

What are you going to use now???....Flip Phone?
    11-16-14 11:32 AM
    Outlook 2010 eliminated MAPI as a way to get to Outlook and Microsoft broke a lot of software integration at that time. I wonder what versions of Outlook Lync ,or Blend, is compatible with. Maybe it is not compatible with 2007 and earlier, but I really doubt this. Personally I prefer setting my customers up on hosted exchange but not every company has implemented this. They are not truly mobile. I run multiple BB10 phones on multiple Exchange accounts and the best way to work with my email is now with Passport and the Hub with Instant Actions. What I do updates multiple PC's, laptop, tablet and phones all with one action.

11-16-14 11:43 AM
    Changing to iOS or Android will be a much greater change and at some point there will be no more BBOS phones, so change will bee required at some point.

11-16-14 11:47 AM
    Or push blackberry assistants button and say call my wife
    Bestest friend. Does this works? I remember when the first iPhone came out, you could make this happen. In the contacts app I assigned my wifes name as "wife". And Siri called my wife, when I commanded it.

Does this also work for our prestigious Blackberry? Here: Q10 ?

If so, please tell me how. Because Blackberry assistant never understand my wifes name So, when I can say just "wife" it would be perfectly.

To OP: Give yourself 1 month time with the passport! it is bestest!
    11-16-14 11:51 AM
    What are you going to use now???....Flip Phone?
    Nah, still on my 9780
    11-16-14 11:51 AM
    Nah, still on my 9780
    at one point of time you will have to switch to something.....
    11-16-14 11:54 AM
    Bestest friend. Does this works? I remember when the first iPhone came out, you could make this happen. In the contacts app I assigned my wifes name as "wife". And Siri called my wife, when I commanded it.

Does this also work for our prestigious Blackberry? Here: Q10 ?

If so, please tell me how. Because Blackberry assistant never understand my wifes name So, when I can say just "wife" it would be perfectly.

To OP: Give yourself 1 month time with the passport! it is bestest!
    Rename your wife names in the contacts as wife...job done. BlackBerry assistant I think is only available on 10.3, so load a leak as officially it isn't out for other BlackBerry 10 phones.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 11:54 AM
    Rename your wife names in the contacts as wife...job done. BlackBerry assistant I think is only available on 10.3, so load a leak as officially it isn't out for other BlackBerry 10 phones.

Posted via CB10
    Spwan, thanks for the help and replay. Nice workaround, but I like to keep things logical. I am on 10.2. right now. So , you think in 10.3. will solve this problem? Thanks again.
    11-16-14 11:57 AM
    Well 10.3 will come with BlackBerry assistant so you can tell it to make calls to your wife or whoever you want it to.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 12:11 PM
    I was really hoping the Passport would sync with Outlook without any problems. I don't understand how BBRY can claim, with a straight face, to have a smartphone for business people when there are problems syncing contacts and the calendar from Outlook and the memos and task list do not sync at all without third-party software.

And no, I don't want to move all my data to the cloud just because that seems to be what BBRY wants me to do. BB10 is a nice operating system and I like the display and speed of my Q10, but it is a step backwards in terms of some useful functions I had in OS7.
    The Passport does sync with Outlook and the calendar. I wrote an email on my PC saved as a draft in outlook and then a few hours later picked it up from the draft folder in Outlook on my Passport finished email and sent it! So it's something that you haven't set up properly rather than the Passport not working as it should.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 01:46 PM
    Whatever..........yawn.
    11-16-14 07:10 PM
    hell in a hen basket fast.
    hand basket.
    11-16-14 08:43 PM
    I would just wait until 10.3.1 comes. I'm pretty sure you'll be receiving all the old shortcuts. It's a great device. I definitely get things done a lot faster on BB10 than I did on bbOS. Except one thing. Memopad. It was assigned to my convenience key. How I miss the convenience key. It's so inconvenient not having it oh man! What if they add the option in 10.3.1 to use the pause/play button as a convenience key

Posted via unlocked PASSPORT
    11-16-14 09:23 PM
    The Passport does sync with Outlook and the calendar. I wrote an email on my PC saved as a draft in outlook and then a few hours later picked it up from the draft folder in Outlook on my Passport finished email and sent it! So it's something that you haven't set up properly rather than the Passport not working as it should.

Posted via CB10
    That's because your Outlook and your Mail Server was setup as IMAP rather than POP. If you're mail server is legacy then it might not be setup to support IMAP. POP basically downloads your mails then deletes it from the server, thus making syncing not possible.

IMAP downloads your mail and leaves it on the server, making it possible to sync with other devices/PCs.

Our office email uses IMAP. Making it possible for me to read and sync my emails across my PC, my MS Surface, my WP Lumia 1020 and my BlackBerry Passport. A few of years back we were still on POP. Making this impossible.

I think the OP's mail server is on POP, thus his problem.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 06:08 AM
    Passport and slow? Are you out of mind

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 06:30 AM
    I'm on MS Exchange and BES at the moment.

Passport and slow? Are you out of mind

Posted via CB10
    I meant the overall structure, not the processor or gpu.
    11-17-14 11:10 AM
    That's because your Outlook and your Mail Server was setup as IMAP rather than POP. If you're mail server is legacy then it might not be setup to support IMAP. POP basically downloads your mails then deletes it from the server, thus making syncing not possible.

IMAP downloads your mail and leaves it on the server, making it possible to sync with other devices/PCs.

Our office email uses IMAP. Making it possible for me to read and sync my emails across my PC, my MS Surface, my WP Lumia 1020 and my BlackBerry Passport. A few of years back we were still on POP. Making this impossible.

Posted via CB10
    Incorrect.

POP can be configured to leave on or delete from server.
    11-17-14 11:35 AM
    Incorrect.

POP can be configured to leave on or delete from server.
    Thanks for the correction. Am so used to the default setting of POP which deletes the messages that I totally overlooked that you can configure it not to delete message from server but by default it does delete. And in the passport I can't see this option. However, POP is still not the protocol of choice for multi-device scenario.

At any rate, I would assume that the OP had the delete setting set to true (maybe in his PC) if he can't sync his emails on both his PC and device.

If their company is using Exchange, BlackBerry Passport also sports EAS protocol which support multi-device syncing.

So OP's problem can be fixed by changing setting of PC and/or device.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 01:37 AM
99 ... 234