How odd I CAN SYNC tasks and memos without a hitch!

Posted via Passport OS 10.3.0.738
    The amazing things you can accomplish when you actually try...egads!
    10-04-14 02:06 PM
    I was really hoping the Passport would sync with Outlook without any problems.
    Why sync with Outlook (the client), when you can sync with Exchange (the server), where all the data ist held?
    I work everyday with Outlook and Exchange and my Z10. And my mails, contacts, appointments and tasks are on every device, when I need them (on my Z10 too), cause all of the devices are taking the data directly from the source, from the exchangeserver. The old "sync with my desktop-mailclient and then sync somewhere at a mailclient and try to sort out, whats the right appointment" support died some years ago - on nearly all phones. First I thought, thats crap, becaused I've been used to. Now.. when I look back... it was a pain in the ***, nothing more.
    tanzarian and drewood66 like this.
    10-04-14 02:08 PM
    Why sync with Outlook (the client), when you can sync with Exchange (the server), where all the data ist held?
    I work everyday with Outlook and Exchange and my Z10. And my mails, contacts, appointments and tasks are on every device, when I need them (on my Z10 too), cause all of the devices are taking the data directly from the source, from the exchangeserver. The old "sync with my desktop-mailclient and then sync somewhere at a mailclient and try to sort out, whats the right appointment" support died some years ago - on nearly all phones. First I thought, thats crap, becaused I've been used to. Now.. when I look back... it was a pain in the ***, nothing more.
    Not everyone who uses Outlook is an Exchange client. The OP is talking about the use case where you have POP3 mail that you download to your computer with Outlook, and then use the BB desktop client to sync everything between the phone and the PC. Link actually does do this, btw...

This is really a pretty standard thread, and there's always some variant of it whenever a new BB10 device is introduced. A user migrates from BBOS and discovers that one or two crucial features either haven't been implemented or have been replaced with something the user doesn't like, so they dismiss BB10 entirely. While I get that it's disruptive to learn a new device, and a new OS--AND that people really do need to use what works for them--users also need to recognize that sometimes things... change.
    10-04-14 02:14 PM
    Attachment 303134

Posted via CB10
    In case someone missed it.
    10-04-14 02:20 PM
    Please send it back, but first, did you order it through BB? if you did, please go ahead and send it back, because I want one!
    10-04-14 02:29 PM
    at least OP is still getting BlackBerry phone :-) but seriously OP give your passport sometime..

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 02:38 PM
    How odd I CAN SYNC tasks and memos without a hitch!

Posted via Passport OS 10.3.0.738
    You will need cloud enabled email. I use Microsoft Office 365, I have my own domain on it so it is personalized to me. This gives me cloud services that sync my email, calendar, tasks and contacts. I drop my phone under a bus, buy a new one at the first store I see and be right back where I was. Tasks sync from BB10 Remember to Outlook, calendar, contacts email as well. All smartphones are like this now, synching to Outlook with a wire is the old way.
    10-04-14 02:44 PM
    The OP is talking about the use case where you have POP3 mail that you download to your computer with Outlook, and then use the BB desktop client to sync everything between the phone and the PC.
    But the opener claimed, he "has to use" Outlook. This does not come together.
    10-04-14 02:53 PM
    I was really hoping the Passport would sync with Outlook without any problems. I don't understand how BBRY can claim, with a straight face, to have a smartphone for business people when there are problems syncing contacts and the calendar from Outlook and the memos and task list do not sync at all without third-party software.

And no, I don't want to move all my data to the cloud just because that seems to be what BBRY wants me to do. BB10 is a nice operating system and I like the display and speed of my Q10, but it is a step backwards in terms of some useful functions I had in OS7.
    I have no problems what so ever ALL contacts,calendar and tasks have synced with my passport and also with my z10,q10 and z30
    10-04-14 03:23 PM
    It seems OP you don't like changes, so I'm puzzled why you bought the Passport? Everything new in life requires some patience and learning curve. SMH
    10-04-14 05:01 PM
    Honestly, I can understand the OP. I'm thinking about the same thing, too. The reason is security. How do you feel, when you share with Google or Microsoft all your contacts including all their phone numbers? Your whole family is in your contacts and you share your family's numbers with Google and so on. Do you really feel good with that?

Honestly, I don't feel good with this.

Therefore, I prefer using Blackberry Blend through Wifi. There are just 2 things I have to declare, when I have the Passport:
    1.Blackberry Blend does not save any data to your PC (when you disconnect, everything disappears). How can I make it to have everything also saved to my PC? I imagine, this is perfect for E-Mails and other messages (continue your work and take a look at old mails).
    2.Can I use Blackberry Blend to call Skype through my PC? As I am already in front of my PC, I can call through Skype in stead of searching for my phone.
    10-04-14 06:18 PM
    I updated my q10 to the leaked 10.3.1 the day before I received my passport. Keyboard shortcuts are back, and they are better than before. You can even prefill a message + assign recipients to any key press. I have used bb since they had click wheels on the side, so getting keyboard shortcuts back is big plus for me too.

Still, the keyboard shortcut enabled q10 is in a drawer, and I am getting more productivity and fun out of the passport!
    So, does your Passport have the same or similar keyboard shortcuts? I was trying one live at the store recently and forgot to check to see about shortcuts. I'd like to know, please and thanks
    10-04-14 06:41 PM
    I was really hoping the Passport would sync with Outlook without any problems. I don't understand how BBRY can claim, with a straight face, to have a smartphone for business people when there are problems syncing contacts and the calendar from Outlook and the memos and task list do not sync at all without third-party software.

And no, I don't want to move all my data to the cloud just because that seems to be what BBRY wants me to do. BB10 is a nice operating system and I like the display and speed of my Q10, but it is a step backwards in terms of some useful functions I had in OS7.
    I think business people rarely need to sync that stuff with Outlook, they sync with their mailserver which holds all those things?

Posted via CB10
    mikegcox likes this.
    10-04-14 06:44 PM
    Regarding your concern about Blend not saving to your PC, that's the whole point. Sensitive documents or active documents should remain on your Blackberry device. Use Blend to see them on other devices, but you retain your one, original copy on your device. It's a bit of a mind-shift I think - in terms of where you store your files. I am considering having all my files transferred to my device. They will be secure there and if I ever want to work on them from my laptop, I will use Blend to access them. Likewise for my tablets. When I am in a client meeting, the documents I will need will be right there on my Blackberry, no need to power up my laptop.

As for Skype, you won't like my opinion. I could not care less about that app. It's sketchy at best on its home OS - Windows. I can't imagine how bad it would be on any other OS, Blackberry, Android, iOs, etc. I would prefer to use BBM Voice or Video. I have had much better success with that.
    10-04-14 06:48 PM
    Attachment 303134

Posted via CB10
    What os is that? And what device.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 07:17 PM
    @Byex

10.3.1 new leak

Posted via CB10
    byex likes this.
    10-05-14 01:39 AM
    I felt the same moving from a curve to the z10. Everything felt slower and strange, but after a couple of weeks I wouldn't go back. I miss the keyboard, but everything else makes up for it...

I would give it a few more days.

Posted via CB 10 on my Z30 (STA100-5) w 10.3.0.1154
    10-05-14 01:49 AM
    The OP looks like someone who just switched to a BB10 device from bb7.

Back in the days when BB10 was just launched, we see several posts similar to this complaining about how stupid bb10 is compared to its legacy devices.

Seeing this kind of posts today is just... weird and funny. Welcome to the 21st century Capt.
    10-05-14 02:07 AM
    Regarding your concern about Blend not saving to your PC, that's the whole point. Sensitive documents or active documents should remain on your Blackberry device. Use Blend to see them on other devices, but you retain your one, original copy on your device. It's a bit of a mind-shift I think - in terms of where you store your files. I am considering having all my files transferred to my device. They will be secure there and if I ever want to work on them from my laptop, I will use Blend to access them. Likewise for my tablets. When I am in a client meeting, the documents I will need will be right there on my Blackberry, no need to power up my laptop.

As for Skype, you won't like my opinion. I could not care less about that app. It's sketchy at best on its home OS - Windows. I can't imagine how bad it would be on any other OS, Blackberry, Android, iOs, etc. I would prefer to use BBM Voice or Video. I have had much better success with that.
    About Blend: what happens if you forget your phone inside your car with the battery low? Then you can't access your contacts any more and so on. Therefore, I would like to have it on my computer.

About Skype: you are right...I don't like Skype at all. Especially due to privacy and reliability reasons. But most of my friends have Skype. And as slong as Video calling through BBM is not possible through iOS, Android and Windows, they won't switch. Unfortunately.
    10-05-14 03:35 AM
    OP, sounds like you're the old die hards, I have a 9780 in my drawer. If you were going back, go back to 7.1, there is fewer and fewer support for OS 6!

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    10-05-14 03:40 AM
    Thanks for all the answers especially the 10.3.1 hint. Ill try the leak now.
    I only make phone calls, check mails, set new appointments and add tasks.
    Sure you can say "why did you bought it?", but everyone knows the feeling when something new is here
    and the own device is 3 years old
    I have to send it back till 30.10. to get a full refund so I just test it a few weeks now.
    10-05-14 04:09 AM
    Good choice!

Posted via CB10
    10-05-14 04:24 AM
    Hello,

Chen said the Passport helps professionals to be more productive.
    I'm still on a 9780 and got the new Passport too. But this big thing feels so damn slow.

When I wanted to create a new task, I unlocked the BB and pressed space+M.
    When I wanted to check the calender, I just unlocked an pressd K.
    When I called my wife and ended the call, I often forgot something and called her again. Unlock - press Call - press Call.
    You know what I mean. BB10 is shiny and new, Blend is awesome too at first sight, but when I cant use it alone cause
    I cant print and sync tasks, I have to use Outlook too.

This is pretty unfair - there are so much people waiting for their passport and Ill send it back and
    buy a second 9780 to be secure. Everyone knew its not a device for everyone. But this time its not about
    the size cause I always wear suit-pants. Its about the productivity and speed.

Thanks and dont get me wrong.
    Look I too am a long time Blackberry user and transitioning from os 7 or earlier to os10 requires a bit of a learning curve, it'll take a few days to learn the swipe, flick, and tap motions. To be frank your question is rhetorical, its slow because you haven't gotten the hang yet on how to manoeuver through os 10 and its features.
    In fact for me after I got the hang of using os 10 and its features I personally found it much more faster and responsive. BB redesigned os 10 to be much more productive and it really is from personal use.

Im in a business where I need to look at my calendar every day to manage my client appointments. I also need access to their contact files for information and notes on each client. The live tiles feature is brilliant. I have my calendar open, week calendar open(week view app-totally awesome), and the contact open all in the form of a live tile on the main screen.

PS>I really do think the classic would probably be a better device for you but you still need to give yourself a day or two to get familiar with the swipe, flick, and tap motions.
    James Blight likes this.
    10-05-14 10:16 AM
    Attachment 303134

Posted via CB10
    Sick.... looking forward to it. May have to load the leak.
    10-05-14 10:18 AM
    Lmao @ slow, because the 9800 is so quick.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-14 10:20 AM
99 1234