Hello,

Chen said the Passport helps professionals to be more productive.
    I'm still on a 9780 and got the new Passport too. But this big thing feels so damn slow.

When I wanted to create a new task, I unlocked the BB and pressed space+M.
    When I wanted to check the calender, I just unlocked an pressd K.
    When I called my wife and ended the call, I often forgot something and called her again. Unlock - press Call - press Call.
    You know what I mean. BB10 is shiny and new, Blend is awesome too at first sight, but when I cant use it alone cause
    I cant print and sync tasks, I have to use Outlook too.

This is pretty unfair - there are so much people waiting for their passport and Ill send it back and
    buy a second 9780 to be secure. Everyone knew its not a device for everyone. But this time its not about
    the size cause I always wear suit-pants. Its about the productivity and speed.

Thanks and dont get me wrong.
    10-04-14 10:27 AM
    Ok..........................
    10-04-14 10:31 AM
    Mkay
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    10-04-14 10:31 AM
    I would give it some time...I love bb10.

But it's not for everyone.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 10:33 AM
    Aren't keyboard shortcuts coming in 10.3.1? Maybe load a leak (also not for everyone) or wait for ota update.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 10:36 AM
    Wait for the classic as that will be like the 9780 but with bb10.

Fact is even our very own crackberry Kevin said it took him a few weeks before he finally got to grips with the passport and now loves it.

I've had mine less than a week and I'm as fast as I was on my 9900. The passport isn't for everyone but I'm looking forward to seeing how it develops with bb10. I have a very good feeling that there is more to come from the passport.

Posted via CB10
    Evindzer likes this.
    10-04-14 10:37 AM
    It's going to be different... the same hotkeys aren't going to achieve the same results.
    Changing to a new device requires exactly that and it takes time.
    Good luck with whatever you do!

Posted via CB10
    Evindzer likes this.
    10-04-14 10:37 AM
    The keyboard shortcut features in 10.3.1 should resolve some of the pain points for you, which will be out in a month or so.

In the meantime, BB10 is so much more than the legacy BlackBerry devices. You probably haven't explored it enough to appreciated those things. Besides, BlackBerry 10 Classic is due in a month too, it will bring a much more similar experience of legacy devices to BlackBerry 10. I would hold on to your passport for a little longer because investing on a legacy phone.

Posted via CB10 with Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.1154
    10-04-14 10:41 AM
    I updated my q10 to the leaked 10.3.1 the day before I received my passport. Keyboard shortcuts are back, and they are better than before. You can even prefill a message + assign recipients to any key press. I have used bb since they had click wheels on the side, so getting keyboard shortcuts back is big plus for me too.

Still, the keyboard shortcut enabled q10 is in a drawer, and I am getting more productivity and fun out of the passport!
    Joao Oliveira and EsJayDee like this.
    10-04-14 10:41 AM
    Swipe up, press phone icon, press "wife"

Press unlock button, press send, press send.

Did I miss something? Oh that's right I didn't - just another person basically not recognizing the difference between his preference for having tactile feedback and muscle memory with efficiency.

Go ahead and send it back loll

When 10.3.1 drops, we'll be enjoying everything you get to enjoy but with even more powerful features - plus better multitasking, cloud service integration, blend, apps, and everything else that makes the new devices more productive, useful, and more efficient.

#Q10 #Gold #LimitedEdition #CB10
    Beastly82 and drewood66 like this.
    10-04-14 10:44 AM
    How odd I CAN SYNC tasks and memos without a hitch!

Posted via Passport OS 10.3.0.738
    light_barer and djdragon like this.
    10-04-14 10:46 AM
    Hello,

I'm still on a 9780 and got the new Passport too. But this big thing feels so damn slow.

When I called my wife and ended the call, I often forgot something and called her again. Unlock - press Call - press Call.
    You know what I mean. BB10 is shiny and new, Blend is awesome too at first sight, but when I cant use it alone cause

This is pretty unfair - there are so much people waiting for their passport and Ill send it back and
    buy a second 9780 to be secure. Everyone knew its not a device for everyone. But this time its not about

Why not keep it for a month?

It drives me nuts when I see legacy devices. Those BlackBerry's were awful.

Posted via CB10
    BroncoVAL and eduzojordan like this.
    10-04-14 10:53 AM
    I think 10.3.1 will bring a lot of bbos features.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 11:04 AM
    I was really hoping the Passport would sync with Outlook without any problems. I don't understand how BBRY can claim, with a straight face, to have a smartphone for business people when there are problems syncing contacts and the calendar from Outlook and the memos and task list do not sync at all without third-party software.

And no, I don't want to move all my data to the cloud just because that seems to be what BBRY wants me to do. BB10 is a nice operating system and I like the display and speed of my Q10, but it is a step backwards in terms of some useful functions I had in OS7.
    10-04-14 11:09 AM
    Everyone said cars would be better. With my old horse and buggy, I just told the driver where to go. Now I have to open the door myself (before he opened it before me), start the engine (horses don't have engines) and direct the car where I want to go. I'm sending it back.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 11:14 AM
    So you've been using a device for several years, obviously have gotten used to it and learned workarounds for its inefficiencies and hourglassing. Now you try something totally new for a few days and you are somehow shocked that you aren't as fast on it? It takes time for even the best of us to adapt to something new. The fact is BB10 is overall faster at doing the smartphone side of things (booting up, loading pages, download speeds, etc). The issue here is the human operator... which needs some time to adapt and exploit the strengths of this thing.

Give it a chance or wait for the classic with 10.3.1 on it... it will surely require less of a learning curve for bbos users. And that's ok, I'm glad blackberry is providing options!

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 11:20 AM
    Does it Sync with Cloud and Google contacts etc..? I have stopped using Outlook long back! I am not sure if Outlook Sync is relevant anymore....Not sure what the problem is with Passport in this case!
    10-04-14 11:40 AM
    I had no issues syncing outlook email, contacts calender to my Passport. And yes outlook is still very relevant, especially among those who no longer trust anything Google or Apple related.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, kbz1960 and Evindzer like this.
    10-04-14 11:59 AM
    Or push blackberry assistants button and say call my wife
    bungaboy and wincyUt like this.
    10-04-14 12:27 PM
    All shortcuts are back in 10.3.1, it's a matter of months!!

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 12:35 PM
    Hello,

Like everybody already said, 10.3.1 will bring back shortcuts
    10-04-14 12:39 PM
    I'm really surprised that app keyboard shortcuts weren't included in the OS out of the box. Really makes no sense to not have them there.
    10-04-14 12:55 PM
    What do you mean, I have to use Outlook to sync. I detest Outlook. I don't have it on any of my computers.

Posted via zedten
    wincyUt likes this.
    10-04-14 01:04 PM
    I'll send the Passport back.-img_20141004_141120.png

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-04-14 01:12 PM
    Now with blend it adds a cloud like calendar.ive set it up but haven't really used it yet.

To sync tasks and memos I use companion link and deja hub/dejaview which syncs it into remember beautifully. I'm also running a pc with windows 8.1.

Posted via Passport OS 10.3.0.738
    10-04-14 01:17 PM
99 123 ...