S-class Mercedes

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 05:07 PM
    I would say: VW Phaeton
    Why?
    Because it is absolutly high end, high quality, really beautiful, has a good price - and nobody buys it, because of the brand. Phaeton was a flop because everyone bought Audi or BMW or Mercedes for prestige. Phaeton was absolutly on par with them, but it was VW.. just people who knew what a great deal it was bought it. Same with Passport: BlackBerry fans, who know about it will buy it, some open minded people will switch from Android / Ipone... and the majority dont even think about buying it because it is a BlackBerry.

But I cant wait to get a Passport when my contract expires in January
    Why not buy outright? If you buy on contract you spend a lot more. Let's assume you pay $27 a month for the phone. ( this is included in your plan pricing whether you see it or not) tmobile you see it, verizon you dont. We are assuming $27 given the Note 3 cost roughly the same when it was introduced to the market.

Outright price + tax (US) = Total
    599.99 + 41.99 = 641.98

Monthly installment x 24 months (2 year Contract) + Subsidized price = total

27 x 24 + 249.99 = 897.99

This is a rough estimate, but it's reality. If you're on Tmobile JUMP plan, Verizon Edge or AT&T Next, don't upgrade, buy outright. You'll save $30 a month, which saves you money over the course of 2 years. If you're on a standard, 2 year contract plan, dump it. Move to one of the new JUMP, Edge ot Next plans. It'll save you $$

Posted via CB Q10 or 9000
    11-03-14 05:36 PM
    Toyota Vios.

Sentt frrom myy BlaackBerrryy Q10 | 10.3.1.1016 | Globe-Telecom
    11-03-14 05:39 PM
    A Volkswagen GTI.

I like the Volkswagen GTI.
    And I don't have one.

The two have so much in common to me.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    Last edited by CarGuy1368; 11-03-14 at 06:20 PM.
    11-03-14 05:53 PM
    Why not buy outright? If you buy on contract you spend a lot more. Let's assume you pay $27 a month for the phone. ( this is included in your plan pricing whether you see it or not) tmobile you see it, verizon you dont. We are assuming $27 given the Note 3 cost roughly the same when it was introduced to the market.

Outright price + tax (US) = Total
    599.99 + 41.99 = 641.98

Monthly installment x 24 months (2 year Contract) + Subsidized price = total

27 x 24 + 249.99 = 897.99

This is a rough estimate, but it's reality. If you're on Tmobile JUMP plan, Verizon Edge or AT&T Next, don't upgrade, buy outright. You'll save $30 a month, which saves you money over the course of 2 years. If you're on a standard, 2 year contract plan, dump it. Move to one of the new JUMP, Edge ot Next plans. It'll save you $$

Posted via CB Q10 or 9000

I know about this calculations, but it�s not the same in Germany.
    T-Mobile Germany is not selling the Passport so I will jump over to Vodafone (I hate Vodafone, but I want my Passport!)

Passport on contract is 1 € (Device) + 29,99€ (Connection Fee)+ 24 x 44,99€ (Contract) = 1110,75 €

Passport without contract is in Germany 649 €
    +cheapest T-Mobile Contract (24 x 35,59€ = 854,16€) = 1503,16 €
    +cheapest Vodafone Contract (24 x 34,99€ = 839,76€) = 1488,76 €
    +cheapest O2 Contract (24 x 26,99€ = 647,76€) = 1296,76 €
    +cheapest 1und1 Contract (24 x 19,99€ = 479,76€) = 1128,76 €

I could choose smaller plans, but it is difficult to get a good amount of Highspeed Data. These contracts have 1 - 2 GB Highspeed Internet, after that you only have 64kb/s. I dont think that you can get a good plan with 1GB Highspeed data, Call Flat, Text Flat and T-Mobile or Vodafone Network for less money.
    I prefer T-Mobile and Vodafone because they have the best network coverage. The smaller carriers are offering plans on their networks, too, but I dont trust in them and naaha.. I�m not feeling well with them. This is not an objective meening, but I dont like the idea to go to these small resellers / sub carriers, etc..
    MaxxxBerry23 likes this.
    11-03-14 06:29 PM
    Camel. That is all
    11-03-14 07:09 PM
    Big, fast and it handles surprisingly well...

MaxxxBerry23 likes this.
    11-03-14 07:46 PM
    Why people want to put passport as SUV? is it slow and fat? Seems more like slim and fast. Passport is a Business device, not a Soccermom-mobile
    Many important figures ride in SUVs. They might not be fast or fun but they're comfortable, secure, and fare best in a car accident. Even Justin Bieber often rides around in a SUV when he's not behind the wheel. The SUV is typically the most expensive/premium model of a lineup.
    11-03-14 08:18 PM
    Iphone-Mustang Galaxy-Corvette, Droid-Gtr,Passport-Lamborghini
    I didnt know that Lamborghinis cost less and go slower than Mustangs since benchmarks have proven that...besides the finish is not even close
    Last edited by kyoiskyo; 11-03-14 at 08:30 PM.
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    11-03-14 08:20 PM
    yeah I know, i'm sorry... but it was compared to a hummer, impossibleto not say something... Passport is "square" liker a hummer, I'll give him that

But then:
    Hummer is slow - Passport is fast
    Hummer has terrible range - Passport has excelent battery life
    Hummer is very "unusefull" - Passport is productive
    Hummer is for celebritys to show off - Passport is for de discrete businessman

Dont want to be a hater but can you see the differences
    Hummer can makes calls
    Passport is 4*4
    Hummer have a touch sensitive keyboard as well for scrolling
    Passport have big tyres

Posted from my Black Beast Q10
    11-03-14 08:30 PM
    W140 s class..big solid reliable and comfort..plus dignity

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 08:32 PM
    I didnt know that Lamborghinis cost less than Mustangs
    iPhone is definitely the Tesla of the bunch, IMO. Teslas are fast but not really as fast as many other luxury sports cars. They both come from a California company. Plus I'd just think that an Apple owner would most likely be environmentally conscious and drive an electric vehicle. The two brands are from the same Bay Area culture.

Similarly, Samsungs do remind me of Hyundais/Kias. Nokia reminds me of a number of European brands. The cute, colorful smart cars not the sporty ones. If there were a popular Canadian carmaker, it'd be likely Blackberry would have design cues from that.
    11-03-14 08:39 PM
    I disagree with 3.

It was built for a purpose and only a select few can use it for what it was designed to do. Oh course in the hands of a civilian it's purpose is highly recreational.

Posted via CB10
    If you had the H2 in mind, you're right... I had the H2 in my mind, wich is just a suburban underneath

The fact that I live in europe doesn't help, you just can't drive a hummer here, our roads are too narrow so it would be impossibly inconvenient
    11-03-14 08:50 PM
    audi Q7
    11-03-14 11:09 PM
    While we're at it, why don't we compare Passport to High-end Condo Developments and Super Yachts.
    Yasch22 likes this.
    11-03-14 11:18 PM
    Volvo.

Because its big.
    It's strong
    It's fast in its own way
    It's safe and secure
    Has less till no problems whatsoever
    11-04-14 04:02 AM
    Passport is like a Maseratti Quattroporte, here's why:
    -Not everybody has one, it's Rare (not like BMW's, mercedes, iphones, Androids)
    Sorry, but the Quattroporte isn't rare at all. You see about the same amount of them as S-Classes and 7-series...

The Passport would be a X6 M! Why? It has an odd shape, mainstream doesn't like it but man is it awesome...
    11-04-14 06:24 AM
    Let's correct this

Iphone - plenty of apps with decent processor. Has some really neat features. Mostly gimmicks, but neat nonetheless. Definitely gets work done when you need it to. Way too expensive for what it's worth.
    3 series BMW (M3) - Plenty of customization options with good power. Gets you to where you need to go in a rush down the highway roads if you need it to. Way too expensive for what it's worth.

Android (top of the line models) - Lots of apps. Crazy powerful processors. Prices are okay. Lots of bells and whistles. Features are sometimes overwhelming.
    S-Class Mercedes. Lost of different technologies built into one car. A LOT. Plenty that you won't ever use. Ridiculous amount of power for a businessman sedan. Very quick, very "snappy"

Blackberry (top of the line) - Not many apps, but decent enough. Prices are still pretty high. Doesn't have much processing power but doesn't NEED it because it's optimized nearly perfectly. Not too many bells and whistles but enough to keep you interested.
    Porsche 911 - Larger porsche coupe. Doesn't have as many technologies as other competitors. Prices are very high but worth it...sometimes. Doesn't have as much horsepower as you would think a porsche, a sports car, should have. It's only 6 cylinder but it'll smoke the M3's V8. Nimble, comfortable, fast.

On the road you see:

Plenty of 3 series BMWs
    Plenty of S-Class Mercedes.
    Much fewer Porsches

Someone care to tweak what I've said? Om open to criticism.
    I dare to

I'd say the BlackBerry is the S-Class. Always best in business, an icon that is often referred to just as the Bold, Q10 and Passport. They'll last forever if you'll treat them well and while the power is adequate it's not overwhelming. For the features, there are many useful ones (magic body control-huge screen) and some gimmicks (perfuming - gesture keyboard).

The M3 is the iPhone here - works out of the box, can be a great thing when used right, but mostly d-bags have them :P

Android is the Audi in this comparison - Made from the parts bin and not really the hardest competition in the game, but the cheapest of the three and therefore lots of respected products and fans
    11-04-14 06:38 AM
    Sorry, but the Quattroporte isn't rare at all. You see about the same amount of them as S-Classes and 7-series...

The Passport would be a X6 M! Why? It has an odd shape, mainstream doesn't like it but man is it awesome...
    Don't know where you live, but I rarely see a Maseratti.

I would rather go on foot that drive an X6... what a useless vehicle. I sat in one once, it has like No Room inside. I'm a not a tall person, and I couldn't fit in the back, boot is very small, it can't do offroad, and it isn't any good on the road either. I don't see any upside compared to an regular M5. M5 is quicker, has more room, more speed, WAY better handling, better fuel economy, better to park, well, better in everything
    11-04-14 06:41 AM
    A nice sturdy old Volvo!

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 06:45 AM
    Don't know where you live, but I rarely see a Maseratti.
    Where do you live? Lots of them in Bev Hills, Dubai and so on which are traditionally big BlackBerry markets.

I would rather go on foot that drive an X6... what a useless vehicle. I sat in one once, it has like No Room inside. I'm a not a tall person, and I couldn't fit in the back, boot is very small, it can't do offroad, and it isn't any good on the road either.
    The M5 fits that description just as well btw, and this is exactly why I chose the X6M. Most people don't realise that the general public has the same feelings and views towards BlackBerry and the Passport - "I'd rather have no phone than a BlackBerry"

The M5 is a very heavy car in it's current generation too and isn't really bigger than a 3 series inside. Much smaller than a E-Class or an A7 though. If you can't park it it sure is your skills, I don't have no problems with it thanks to parking sensors, side mirrors and a backup cam. I'd say it's even nicer to park than a 5-series as you sit above traffic and have a better view of your surroundings therefore.
    11-04-14 06:49 AM
    While we're at it, why don't we compare Passport to High-end Condo Developments and Super Yachts.
    The Passport is "Cube":
    If your Passport was a car compared to other phones what would it be?-cube_ver3.jpg
    Because once you're in, you'll never get back out. Or ever want to. Maybe Cube 2: Hypercube.

iPhone is that cube from Hellraiser:
    If your Passport was a car compared to other phones what would it be?-zod-rubiks2.jpg
    Because only the masochistic and ill-informed pick it up in the first place.

Android is a Borg Attack Cube:
    If your Passport was a car compared to other phones what would it be?-borc_cube_orbits_earth-_remastered.jpg
    It wants to take over everything and throws mighty specs, but it's just slow and inefficient to get the job done.

Let's just call Windows Spaceball One:
    If your Passport was a car compared to other phones what would it be?-spaceballs6ts4uw.png
    Because it's too goofy to take seriously.
    MaxxxBerry23 likes this.
    11-04-14 07:11 AM
    Where do you live? Lots of them in Bev Hills, Dubai and so on which are traditionally big BlackBerry markets.

The M5 fits that description just as well btw, and this is exactly why I chose the X6M. Most people don't realise that the general public has the same feelings and views towards BlackBerry and the Passport - "I'd rather have no phone than a BlackBerry"

The M5 is a very heavy car in it's current generation too and isn't really bigger than a 3 series inside. Much smaller than a E-Class or an A7 though. If you can't park it it sure is your skills, I don't have no problems with it thanks to parking sensors, side mirrors and a backup cam. I'd say it's even nicer to park than a 5-series as you sit above traffic and have a better view of your surroundings therefore.
    Bev Hill and dubai aren't exactly a representative sample of the world aren't they?

Don't you find irconic that you call the M5 a heavy car when it's almost 400kg lighter than the X6?
    You clearly never have been in a X6, it has such bad visibility. The notion that parking sensors and being high makes it easier to drive already makes me thing that you don't even have a drivers licence. To park you need to know the distance from the car from other objects, so altitude is meaningless. Then you say "parking sensors" and "parking skills" in the same sentence... If you have skills, you don't need parking sensors. SUV's are so easy to park that is pretty much the car where you see the most scratched rims

If anything, being that high is only going to make things worse... Visibility is not just about parking, it's about changing lanes and everything else.

If your Passport was a car compared to other phones what would it be?-bmw_x6_straight_rear_visibility.jpg

And again, compared to regular sedan like a 5 series or E-class, the X6 is more thirsty, much slower, stiffer suspension, wears tires that are also more expensive, eats brakes, doesn't handle as well, and isn't much fun to drive.... It's all about the looks, and even those are subjective. Nobody buys a X6 for the features, they buy just for the looks alone.

It's ok if you like the car, nothing against that, just don't try to find rational arguments to justify a emotional choice, X6 is a fashion accessory.
    Last edited by Joao Oliveira; 11-04-14 at 10:36 AM.
    11-04-14 10:24 AM
    G63 AMG

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 11:44 AM
    Could only be BMW M3.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 12:32 PM
121 ... 2345