Volvo

Last edited by AcADIeN; 11-04-14 at 07:39 AM.
    dakid72 and ZedMacahan like this.
    11-03-14 11:57 AM
    The Passport is a Porsche 911 Turbo S. The only supercar that can be used a a daily driver!

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 12:03 PM
    If your Passport was a car compared to other phones what would it be?-passport-travel-stamps-shape-car.jpg
    flyersfan76 likes this.
    11-03-14 12:12 PM
    Look at the chrome strip the same all business If your Passport was a car compared to other phones what would it be?-download.jpeg
    MaxxxBerry23 likes this.
    11-03-14 12:42 PM
    Are you saying that the passport is a useless vehicle that isn't good at anything other tham show off, that is only good for footballers, rappers and sheiks in the middle east?
    Let's not forget the Canadian Forces!!

Passport | Fido
    11-03-14 12:44 PM
    Drop a piano on me for clicking on this link.
    Sheeesh!!!!!
    11-03-14 01:22 PM
    A Tesla!
    A fantastic, innovative car, but people are still afraid to buy it!
    A mix between this and:

Porsche Panamera
    Though I'd have to redact that Panerama part, not a huge fan of that car..

I think I'd say a mix between a Tesla Model S and the Porsche either Boxter S or Boxter Spider..

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 01:29 PM
    Passport is like a mil-spec HumVee. Big, with a unique shape, and built with a singular purpose. It accomplishes what it was designed for first and foremost. Sure, some people buy it with no intention of using it as it was designed, but that doesn't take away from what it was meant for. Some people consider it "ugly" while others appreciate its rugged good looks. It's designed to get the job done, and governments around the world buy it for that reason,

iPhone is like a 3-series BMW. Built to appeal to the masses. Built to look nice. Built to be a daily driver for just about anyone. Maybe a little expensive for what you get. Some might consider them small or even girly. Not designed to make maintenance or modifications easy for the DIYer... But a fairly reliable and stylish way to get around, with awesome customer service and support.

Android devices are more like modern muscle cars. Like a Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat or Shelby GT500. Lots of impressive specs under the hood, though the specs don't always equal real world performance. Look pretty good. Fun to tinker with and modify. Build quality can vary widely. Not the most reliable.

Last edited by jmr1015; 11-03-14 at 03:54 PM.
    flyersfan76 and netwerx1 like this.
    11-03-14 01:34 PM
    BlackBerry = BMW (both have a tough feel)

I personally drive a BMW and my BlackBerry feels to fit so perfectly on my dash board.

iPhone = Mercedes C Class (very tech savvy)

I've driven in one recently and it feels so like an iphone. Everything inside feels over complicated and too muich attention to detail, like if you push anything to hard it might break or bend. It's nicer to look at than actually drive)

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.2.1.3247
    11-03-14 01:46 PM
    BlackBerry = BMW (both have a tough feel)

I personally drive a BMW and my BlackBerry feels to fit so perfectly on my dash board.

iPhone = Mercedes C Class (very tech savvy)

I've driven in one recently and it feels so like an iphone. Everything inside feels over complicated and too muich attention to detail, like if you push anything to hard it might break or bend. It's nicer to look at than actually drive)

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.2.1.3247
    I can agree with most of what you said, but I would NOT say that the iPhone is very tech savvy. Most iPhone users (I'm not saying all! Just most) are not tech savvy and the simple obvious interface is good for them.

Just my opinion there :P

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 01:49 PM
    Hummer !

If your Passport was a car compared to other phones what would it be?-hummer-h1-new.jpg
    flyersfan76 likes this.
    11-03-14 02:08 PM
    It's a Tesla Roadster.

Amazing concept, amazing performance, mainly for a small set but foreshadowing a later model that will see mass adoption.

Posted with my Passport via CB10!
    11-03-14 02:11 PM
    This, no doubt about it...

Land Rover Range Rover LR-V8 SUPERCHARGED

If your Passport was a car compared to other phones what would it be?-land-rover-range-rover-supercharged-2015-wallpaper.jpg
    flyersfan76 and MaxxxBerry23 like this.
    11-03-14 02:39 PM
    This, no doubt about it...

Land Rover Range Rover LR-V8 SUPERCHARGED

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Land-Rover-Range-Rover-Supercharged-2015-Wallpaper.jpg 
Views:	446 
Size:	234.2 KB 
ID:	311861
    Not talking about your personal vehicle, or favorite vehicle here. The land Rover in my honest opinion is a terrible comparison.

EDIT: Read the thread title wrong. Apologies.

Posted via CB Q10 or 9000
    Last edited by Coraya; 11-03-14 at 03:48 PM.
    jmr1015 likes this.
    11-03-14 02:51 PM
    It's Toyota Land Cruiser.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 02:59 PM
    My first thought was Range Rover as well. I owned one until four years ago. Everything high end, somehow odd looking with all fitout one could imagine. But spare parts (apps in this conext) were very expensive.

But the more I think about it I would compare the Passport to a Mercedes E63 AMG. Somehow looking harmless (in Germany half of all taxis are E class) but with very much power under the hood.

Posted via CB10
    MaxxxBerry23 likes this.
    11-03-14 03:02 PM
    The first thing that immediately comes to mind is a Hummer H2...big, wide, and powerful...intimidating, but refined.
    11-03-14 03:21 PM
    Well, the shape is all Hummer, just not performance. Maybe the military versions, with snorkel.
    11-03-14 03:30 PM
    The first thing that immediately comes to mind is a Hummer H2...big, wide, and powerful...intimidating, but refined.
    But the H2 was not something new. Although some changes were made the underpinnings were a Tahoe.

The Defender, Galendewagen, and HMMWV were all orginal but purpose built to get tough jobs done.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 03:31 PM
    But the H2 was not something new. Although some changes were made the underpinnings were a Tahoe.

The Defender, Galendewagen, and HMMWV were all orginal but purpose built to get tough jobs done.

Posted via CB10
    I think you may be overthinking the OP's original question
    11-03-14 03:49 PM
    I'd say a Porsche Cayenne GTS

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 03:58 PM
    I would say: VW Phaeton
    Why?
    Because it is absolutly high end, high quality, really beautiful, has a good price - and nobody buys it, because of the brand. Phaeton was a flop because everyone bought Audi or BMW or Mercedes for prestige. Phaeton was absolutly on par with them, but it was VW.. just people who knew what a great deal it was bought it. Same with Passport: BlackBerry fans, who know about it will buy it, some open minded people will switch from Android / Ipone... and the majority dont even think about buying it because it is a BlackBerry.

But I cant wait to get a Passport when my contract expires in January
    chalx likes this.
    11-03-14 04:03 PM
    Anything that doesn't appeal to the US masses and can only be obtained through special order.

Something with a manual transmission (i.e. Physical kb) for greater precision driving (typing) at the expense of a little more effort, and making it a necessarily two-handed, fully involved, affair that doesn't give you a chance to hold on to that big gulp 7-eleven soda or stuff your face with a big mac while using it.

Something with sharp-angled decisive body styling instead of soft, rounded, focus group pleasing bland shape.

Nothing with rear seat DVD crap, or anything not directly meant to increase your driving performance.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 04:51 PM
    Apple -> Honda; Android -> Toyota; Blackberry->Audi ... because Progress is Beautiful!
    first i thought about BlackBerry Passport as Audi RS7 that's exactly what reminds me, stylish, fast, class..
    11-03-14 04:57 PM
    Bugatti Veyron. the rest are chevettes.
    69 SS chevette was on point classic beauty!

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 04:57 PM
121 12345