10-20-15 11:19 PM
34 12
tools
    Every Google app that I use/need works fine. But each one also has a mobile Web version that works fine too. So for me, having an android runtime and Google Play installed is nice, but not a deal breaker at all. I'd be fine without it.

BlackBerryaholic by choice.
    Hi, I was wondering are you having problems with the facebook app? I installed Snap on my phone but the latest facebook app opens with the facebook logo for about 2 seconds and then automatically closes out. The facebook app from Blackberry World is no better as it seems to not have been updated since Blackberry first launched. Thanks in advance.
    10-18-15 07:35 PM
    Hi. I've not been following the throes and woes of BB. but was surprised not to have SNAP on my phone after switching my sim card from the Z10 where I downloaded and run Netflix after getting it with Snap. Can I still do this with my z30? Couldn't find it. Thanks
    10-18-15 09:37 PM
    Lately, more and more developers are incorporating Google Play Services into their apps
    This is, of course, why it is important for people who want to hold on for as long as possible to BB10 to retain older (yet still functional) apks that still function well on our BB10 devices. I find now that many of my android apps are being updated (whether thru Snap or Google Play) and no longer function as well or in some cases at all, because they now require Google Play Services. A few times now, I have had to go back to the previous .apk file for that app. It is also for this reason that I usually go to Amazon for my android apps first. Sometimes (for me, anyway) just updating for the sake of updating is not a great strategy. If an app works fine, don't just update because GP says there is an update. I find that a lot of the apps will add functionality, but really add functions that I don't even want or use, so why change. It would be nice to find a good site with older .apks so that one could easily pick and choose older versions. Anybody out there with suggestions on that would be welcome.
    10-18-15 10:18 PM
    You can google something such as ''netflix apk'' and see the results. One site is apk mirror and even has many versions. Very useful.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-15 10:40 PM
    I'm just sad I can't cast anything to my chromecast

Posted via CB10
    10-20-15 06:33 AM
    This is, of course, why it is important for people who want to hold on for as long as possible to BB10 to retain older (yet still functional) apks that still function well on our BB10 devices. I find now that many of my android apps are being updated (whether thru Snap or Google Play) and no longer function as well or in some cases at all, because they now require Google Play Services. A few times now, I have had to go back to the previous .apk file for that app. It is also for this reason that I usually go to Amazon for my android apps first. Sometimes (for me, anyway) just updating for the sake of updating is not a great strategy. If an app works fine, don't just update because GP says there is an update. I find that a lot of the apps will add functionality, but really add functions that I don't even want or use, so why change. It would be nice to find a good site with older .apks so that one could easily pick and choose older versions. Anybody out there with suggestions on that would be welcome.
    I need an older Starbucks APK before ver. 3.21, after this update it crashes, Anyone have a link or the actual apk ?
    10-20-15 09:36 PM
    I downloaded the Google play store but get the same "doesn't support Google play services" on many apps. Did I miss something?

Posted via CB10
    10-20-15 10:14 PM
    I need an older Starbucks APK before ver. 3.21, after this update it crashes, Anyone have a link or the actual apk ?
    Well, this is exactly my point and some of these older versions are impossible to find. The best I could do for this one is here: You searched for starbucks - APKMirror and it is 3.2.0 . It may or may not help you but no harm in trying. It is a lot of hassle but in the future people may want to keep a copy of working apk's in a folder somewhere.
    leonelBBelite likes this.
    10-20-15 10:41 PM
    definitely will start saving all apk before updating
    brookie229 likes this.
    10-20-15 11:19 PM
34 12