No, that's not the point at all. The point is that people do what they want to do, and if it doesn't fit with what you like, then there's no need to question it. Why do you have more than one pair of shoes? Have a set of spare car keys? What about extra socks? Buy multi-roll paper towels? More than one stick of butter at a time? And maybe people DO want to have more than one #, it has nothing to do with the caller, it's the owner of the phones who decides when/where to use which one(s). See?
    Unfortunately, you didn't answer. People with 2 or more personal phones is nothing like have 2 sets of keys, or 2 pairs of shoes, or socks. Lets be serious for a minute. It's like saying, a single person has several multi bedroom houses and sports cars, because he wants to make sure his homes match all the socks he owns.
    08-12-16 04:54 PM
    "If you didn't use a Passport, you would use.."

A Lumia 950 XL or LG V10.
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    08-12-16 10:56 PM
    Unfortunately, you didn't answer. People with 2 or more personal phones is nothing like have 2 sets of keys, or 2 pairs of shoes, or socks. Lets be serious for a minute. It's like saying, a single person has several multi bedroom houses and sports cars, because he wants to make sure his homes match all the socks he owns.
    Not true. It's what a person wants, and if they can make it happen, all power to them. It's none of anyone else's business to judge or question anyone else's choices.
    08-12-16 11:13 PM
    Hmm...no, I don't think it's the same thing, to compare having an extra pair of shoes, keys, or even socks to having multiple phones. For starters, most of the items that you mentioned -- multiple keys, socks, and even basic shoes -- are usually common necessities, not luxury items like smartphones. The price of most of these devices are pretty expensive, so it's also an interesting curiosity to me when people have two or three (or more!) personal phones, where they constantly have to swap out the SIM card just to use each phone (as is the case in the USA). And then, to keep up with synchronization and updates (apps, etc.) for all of your personal phones, each time you use them...it just seems like a lot of work when you can just work with one personal phone & perhaps another workplace device. But I understand some people are richer than others and have money to burn, so for them, it would be like switching basic shoes or socks each day. In that type of situation, I'd get it. Or perhaps if you travel a lot, you'd have two personal phones -- one as a backup or one that works better overseas -- then that also makes sense. However, for most regular people, yeah -- it's unusual to have 2+ personal smartphones, and I totally understand people who are curious about it.
    Perhaps that is all true -- FOR YOU.
    08-12-16 11:14 PM
    Not true. It's what a person wants, and if they can make it happen, all power to them. It's none of anyone else's business to judge or question anyone else's choices.
    Asking a question, isn't judging someone.
    LG8 likes this.
    08-12-16 11:34 PM
    Perhaps that is all true -- FOR YOU.
    Wow, LOL.

Considering that this discussion of multiple phones started out as a generally innocent question/topic of interest (which, from what I've seen, wasn't even directed specifically at you to begin with), you surely are taking it very personally and getting hot & bothered by it all.
    08-13-16 03:55 AM
    I am answering the question of carrying 2 phones. I can only speak for myself personally of course. I have the Passport and also an LG G4. On my LG G4 I can do everything I need to do so I could just have 1 phone, however, I love the Passport so I decided to buy one. I'm using it now to type this. Whilst I love my Passport there is just one app I need for work that I just can't get on it. For me personally in my day to day life my LG is quicker and easier to use but like I say I love my passport and still get a buzz when I use it. It is better for certain things like viewing Internet content etc. It comes down to personal choice for me in the end. PS it doesn't affect anyone else so I don't understand why some people find it a problem.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-16 04:11 AM
    I am answering the question of carrying 2 phones. I can only speak for myself personally of course. I have the Passport and also an LG G4. On my LG G4 I can do everything I need to do so I could just have 1 phone, however, I love the Passport so I decided to buy one. I'm using it now to type this. Whilst I love my Passport there is just one app I need for work that I just can't get on it. For me personally in my day to day life my LG is quicker and easier to use but like I say I love my passport and still get a buzz when I use it. It is better for certain things like viewing Internet content etc. It comes down to personal choice for me in the end. PS it doesn't affect anyone else so I don't understand why some people find it a problem.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think anyone finds it a problem, I just think they are genuinely interested in what advantages people find in carrying 2 or more phones, or if not actually carrying them at the same time then swapping from one to the other with all the hassle that incurs?

I get your scenario where you like one but need the other for work but it's interesting to get an insight into other peoples view who want to carry two or more personal phone's, I'm certainly not judging anyone as if it was easy I would swap phones often as I like to use different ones just depending what mood I'm in but don't generally because it's too much like hard work!

Posted via CB10 using my Passport SQW100-1 running 10.3.2.2639
    08-13-16 06:43 AM
    Everyone I know that carries two phones (other a personal and separate work phone) does it for the same reason... one is for the wife, the other for girlfriends.

Now can we get back to the original topic?
    m3ach and The_Passporter like this.
    08-13-16 07:35 AM
    Everyone I know that carries two phones (other a personal and separate work phone) does it for the same reason... one is for the wife, the other for girlfriends.

Ahh, now it all makes sense.

Posted via CB10 using my Passport SQW100-1 running 10.3.2.2639
    The_Passporter likes this.
    08-13-16 08:32 AM

That's pretty sleazy.
    08-13-16 08:33 AM
    Z10 or leap
    08-13-16 08:53 AM

Damn, I better get on the ball, I only have my wife but I have two phones, guess I'll go out and find me a girlfriend!! Lol

Posted via CB10
    08-13-16 11:33 AM
    But right now, I got rid of my PP and have a z30 and an iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-16 11:34 AM
    Nokia N9...

Posted via CB10
    08-13-16 05:25 PM
    No, that's not the point at all. The point is that people do what they want to do, and if it doesn't fit with what you like, then there's no need to question it. Why do you have more than one pair of shoes? Have a set of spare car keys? What about extra socks? Buy multi-roll paper towels? More than one stick of butter at a time? And maybe people DO want to have more than one #, it has nothing to do with the caller, it's the owner of the phones who decides when/where to use which one(s). See?
    I wasn't questioning the fact they have two phones, only how they manage swapping sims or having two numbers, doesn't seem practical and you didn't answer that point!

Swiped on my Passport!
    08-15-16 01:55 AM
    Lenovo..huuhuu

Posted via CB10
    08-15-16 06:37 AM
    I would probably get the new Samsung Note if I absolutely had to. The Passport is just so efficient and amazing.
    08-15-16 02:18 PM
    I wonder what the percentage of people that will go android or apple rather than another bb phone?
    08-15-16 03:58 PM
    I would use a Z30!

Posted via CB10
    08-18-16 12:10 PM
    I would be using my BlackBerry Bold 9900 still, or Q10, or classic.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-16 12:09 AM
    I couldnt resitst:

YOUR MOMMA!
    08-19-16 06:32 AM
    I couldnt resitst:

YOUR MOMMA!
    You should have resisted.
    andy957 likes this.
    08-19-16 07:44 AM
    Since I just got the Passport a week ago, I'd probably use the Priv instead. Actually, when I searched for phones with a keyboard, either I didn't find the Priv or just fell for the looks of the Passport. Either way, here I am with the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-16 05:37 PM
    It would have to be the Z30 for sure w/of course the 64gb SD card! Pause mic drop)

Forgiven
    08-22-16 07:50 PM
236 ... 678910