I just got a Sony Z3 Compact as a backup. It's waterproof, so should hold up well at the beach with the summer approaching. It runs Android 6.0 and reminds me a lot of the Z10 once I loaded up Cobalt's BlackBerry APKs from the Priv.

Things I miss so far from the Passport:
    - Keyboard
    - Play/Pause button when listening to music or podcasts
    - The Passport camera (no fooling. I'm get amazing shots out of the Passport)
    - Reliable Bluetooth pairing (BlackBerry OS 10 rocks at this)
    - BlackBerry OS 10 built-in, native apps
    - Some BlackBerry apps. I'm sure there are Android equivalents, but finding anything decent is like looking for a needle in a haystack

I was thinking that I might move to the Z3 for the summer. It's only been a day or two, but I suspect that I'll be using the Passport as my main phone for quite a while yet. The Z3 makes a decent backup, though.

Boy, Cobalt's packaging of BlackBerry's fantastic Android apps make all the difference for making Android usable for me. I sure wish BlackBerry sold their apps separately from the Priv. I think they'd do well if they opened them up to the broader Android device market. I certainly think there would be demand from corporate clients. Of course, it wouldn't help to keep the device business afloat.

Kudos to the BlackBerry programmers, though.

Posted via CB10
    Funny you mention some BB10 apps. There really are a few third-party BB10 apps that are unbeatable compared to anything ive found on android or ios. we had a really healthy and talented app situation for a few years despite reports. if only instagram and snapchat and uber had given us native apps.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-16 09:58 AM
    Q10 (in conjunction with one of my old PlayBooks as the Q10 screen isn't big enough - with my Passport I don't need to lug around a tablet as well....)

[Unless of course I'm having to take super-strong back tablets which make my fingers numb and unable to use tiny keyboard keys..... in which case I use a Doro]
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    06-01-16 10:39 AM
    I would still use my Z10, or maybe I would buy a Z30 for the battery life. I think the Classic would be an option as well.
    In fact I would buy 1 BlackBerry Classic and 1 BlackBerry Z30 and use all 3, Classic, Z10 and Z30.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, and people call me crazy for using three phones: my Z30, Classic, and iPhone 6 Plus. I feel better now, crazy or not.

Posted via CB10 | SQC100-4 Classic in Cobalt Blue
    ratfinkstooley and andy957 like this.
    06-01-16 10:59 AM
    A Classic or a Q10 or a 9900, although I like the first and last more than the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-16 11:31 AM
    Sony Z5 premium.

I still might get one. Very tempted to have a full touchscreen for San Diego Comic Con this year.

Need to find new employment first however. If I do, might be a celebration gift.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-16 11:34 AM
    I am very happy with my passport, if my SE is lost I will use my passport, or my Z10 or Q5 or classic or my Z30
    but sadly they taking my bis service from my bold 9900 away so I can't use this communication wonder anymore
    I have also a priv, but I maybe the last one but I go on whit bb10 as long as possible

Posted via CB10
    06-01-16 11:37 AM
    I got my Z10 out of storage a few days ago and I really like it. Its so nice for one handed use. I love the passport, but its unwieldy sometimes and the Z10 is so pocketable. What a great design.
    06-01-16 01:59 PM
    Why do people need more than one phone? Have you all got more than one mouth and four or more ears and hands then?
    06-01-16 02:38 PM
    I use my blue Classic or Z30 when I'm not using my Passport.

But if I had to really get rid of them all I'd probably get a Priv at the moment.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-16 02:51 PM
    I would use the BlackBerry Classic for sure. Love the form factor and being a long time BlackBerry user, I am a lover of the keyboard. The BlackBerry Classic is just an awesome device.

Posted via CB10
    ratfinkstooley and Avenzuno like this.
    06-01-16 04:02 PM
    Dropped my passport yesterday very hard and the display does not work. I have several business lines and consequently have phones lying around like an S6 and an iPhone 6 sitting in the drawer, but I pulled out my Z30 and charged it up for a couple of days until my new Passport replacement arrives. I think that says it all.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-16 04:21 PM
    Probably the Priv... I like BB10 overall, but the Classic I think would be too small a screen, and I love the touch capacitive pkb. But it would feel like a bit of a downgrade to be honest: 1. the functionality isn't the same as BB10 on Android (No RFA, keyboard shortcuts aren't as good yet, no Blend) 2. The keyboard on the Priv feels cramped next to the Passport (though you'd get used to it I'm sure).

Failing that I'd consider a Z30 all touch, or go whole hog on a nice Android all touch. But I really love the Passport...
    06-01-16 04:22 PM
    Have you had a chance to play with the BlackBerry Priv? If so, what was your take on this device?

Posted via CB10
    06-01-16 04:24 PM
    No one has said a leap, I would be back on the classic or z30.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-16 04:38 PM
    Have you had a chance to play with the BlackBerry Priv? If so, what was your take on this device?

Posted via CB10
    Are you asking me or the OP? I'll answer anyway...

Yes, a few people I know have Privs now. One buddy on Rogers had the 'battery bug' so I threw on an autoloader for AAE723 and got him back up and running properly. I've played with it a fair bit, and overall it's a nice device. I do find the keyboard cramped next to the Passport (obviously) but as I said I'm sure you'd get used to it... It feels solid in the hand, but not too big, it's not as good for reading text (narrower) imho. Battery life (Android M, Doze, etc) is outstanding. I really like the 'Productivity Edge' (similar to Samsung), something not available on BB10. Oh, and the double tap to wake is great, and would like that option on BB10 as well (not gonna happen, lol).

As for build, no clicky / creaky / light bleed, etc. on the ones I've played with. No noticeable lag any time I've used, nice and snappy. Didn't run hot EXCEPT after running the autoloader and redownloading apps / etc. for my buddy.

IMHO, the best for productivity out of the box you'll find on an Android device without having to hunt too much for apps. (eg. file explorer).

Basically it's a BlackBerry enhanced Android experience. Expensive though, that's for sure. You have to really want the pkb and app ecosystem of Android to pay full pop, imho. Be curious to see what they do with the next pkb device. I'd kill for a Passport successor, but it looks like they'll be going with a stretched Q10 looking device (not a fan).
    06-01-16 04:38 PM

Posted via CB10
    06-01-16 04:54 PM
    Q5.
    06-01-16 05:15 PM
    I'll just use my z10 or my note 4.
    06-01-16 06:16 PM
    Without Passport, I will go crazy....but if I really have to choose, i'll go with Note 5.... Samsung

Posted via CB10
    06-01-16 06:43 PM
    Would have stayed with my q10

Which now feels RIDICULOUSLY small now...!!!!

Posted via CB10 - 9900 -Playbook- Q10 - Passport SE (1) - Passport SE (2)
    It's all about size! Woof!
    06-01-16 07:25 PM
    I'd probably still be using the Q10 that I'm using right now since the screen on my Passport cracked about a week ago.

I may have purchased the Classic just because I'm addicted to BlackBerry.

After using the Passport I can't say I missed the Q10, it's serving me well but it seems so smaller now.

Passport SQW100-1/ 10.3.1.2876, Q10 SQN100-5/10.3.1.2576 Posted via CB10
    06-01-16 07:27 PM
    Why do people need more than one phone? Have you all got more than one mouth and four or more ears and hands then?
    No, but I have several sets of clothes and shoes. It's nice to have choices.

Posted via CB10
    kertong likes this.
    06-01-16 07:30 PM
    No, but I have several sets of clothes and shoes. It's nice to have choices.

Posted via CB10
    True...but that's not exactly the same thing as having/using two (or more) personal phones. I personally understand when people have a company-issued phone and a personal phone. But to buy two or more personal phones and interchange each phone with one SIM card (especially if you're not in a country that allows SIM cards for each phone, which of course, is the case in the US)...that seems like a pain to go back and forth. If it's just to get apps that you can't get on your handset, wouldn't it be better to buy a small tablet instead? Seriously -- I'm not trying to offend anyone; just genuinely curious why some people use two or more personal phones at the same time...
    06-01-16 07:51 PM
    Classic

I had one for a few months and found it quite capable for me. I use my BlackBerry mainly for email, travel arrangements and as a phone.

Chris - Posted from my PP SE on CB10
    06-01-16 08:40 PM
    True...but that's not exactly the same thing as having/using two (or more) personal phones. I personally understand when people have a company-issued phone and a personal phone. But to buy two or more personal phones and interchange each phone with one SIM card (especially if you're not in a country that allows SIM cards for each phone, which of course, is the case in the US)...that seems like a pain to go back and forth. If it's just to get apps that you can't get on your handset, wouldn't it be better to buy a small tablet instead? Seriously -- I'm not trying to offend anyone; just genuinely curious why some people use two or more personal phones at the same time...
    They're fun to play with.

....and I have a lot of money.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-16 09:43 PM
236 1234 ...