My wife told the Videotron rep that she would get a divorce if she were to accept their offer to get an android to replace her z10 when her term expired. ;-)

Z30/Bell - Posted via CB10
    01-24-15 02:27 PM
    But I swear by my collection of vinyl records and my vacuum tube amp, which provide a sound fidelity nobody under the age of 40 has ever experienced, not every advance in technology is an advancement.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you! I don't know how many times I had this argument with people, especially the MP3 generation. So many would scoff at my MRX 700 receiver for instance, no bells and whistles, just a pure sound machine.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-15 02:41 PM
    But I swear by my collection of vinyl records and my vacuum tube amp, which provide a sound fidelity nobody under the age of 40 has ever experienced, not every advance in technology is an advancement.
    Amen

 Posted via CB Chen 
    01-24-15 02:46 PM
    Both phones are great.

They both do everything very well

But the passport is nice as its got a great keyboard and amazing wide screen for reading

But both have pros

Just pick what you like
    01-24-15 04:35 PM
    Hmmm well say you'll get an iphone just to show him/her your commitment and find something that your partner liked a lot other than iphone and tell your partner to switch to something else you want. That is really annoying lol

Posted via CB10
    01-24-15 08:45 PM
    Something tells me this has absolutely nothing to do with the phone choice: in relationships, one can tend to have control issues and this seems like a proxy to control what you can buy.

Been married 11 years, and I can tell you these jostles start around the 2-3 year mark of a relationship. If you last past 7 years, you've each likely found your peace and space and have a higher chance at staying together.

#imnotanexpert

Posted via CB10
    ponpiri likes this.
    01-24-15 09:19 PM
    As I'm sure Dear Abby would agree, keep the phone and switch partners!

Posted via CB10
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    01-24-15 09:57 PM
    You have to kidding right?
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    01-24-15 10:10 PM
    Posted via CB10
    01-24-15 10:13 PM
    Something tells me this has absolutely nothing to do with the phone choice: in relationships, one can tend to have control issues and this seems like a proxy to control what you can buy.

Been married 11 years, and I can tell you these jostles start around the 2-3 year mark of a relationship. If you last past 7 years, you've each likely found your peace and space and have a higher chance at staying together.

#imnotanexpert

Posted via CB10
    Sigmund frued... is that you

Posted via CB10
    barryb20 likes this.
    01-24-15 10:14 PM
    My partner contently uses her Samsung and in no way identifies with it. Out of the two of us, I'm afraid I'm the one who puts the pressure on her to buy a BlackBerry. But not because I want her to change, just because I think everyone should use a BlackBerry so that they can realize how great and efficient they actually are. It really depends on your partners motives. But, just by the fact that you already own the Passport, it sounds like they might have some security or control issues that you will have to work through together. You shouldn't have to change for someone. They should just make you want to grow as a person. Not accessorize you and make sure that you use the same brands that they do.

Hold your ground. If you are a gambler, have some fun with it: suggest that whichever company goes cross-platform first, one or the other of you will switch. If you can get Facetime or iMessage on your Passport, your partner switches. If we get BBM Video chat cross-platform first, your partner gets a BlackBerry.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    01-24-15 10:29 PM
    Sigmund frued... is that you

Posted via CB10
    LOL. Just been through the 2-3 year rough patch and survived.
    Freud would've blamed it on the guys mother!

Posted via CB10
    moosbb likes this.
    01-24-15 10:34 PM
    Does she like Pepsi or Coke?
    01-24-15 10:49 PM
    Your happiness with your phone of choice should not be compromised. Your relationship should be about Love.
    Compromising ones happiness can lead to resentment when it is not necessary to compromise. Your partner should accept your happiness and honour it in your relationship. It's your decision to make. Generally the happier we are in life, the better life is in all aspects of our lives. My advice is just be happy, and learn to accept each others differences. If you both do this, it should lead to greater happiness in your relationship, and in your lives in general.
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    01-24-15 10:57 PM
    LOL. Just been through the 2-3 year rough patch and survived.
    Freud would've blamed it on the guys mother!

Posted via CB10
    Haha! I meant dr. Phil!

Posted via CB10
    01-24-15 11:15 PM
    My wife has an iPhone.... opposites and all that, right? Tell your partner a real OS has a file manager.
    AthenaSmith and ilmizi like this.
    01-24-15 11:43 PM
    <snip>

The only reason I would ever get an iPhone is for FaceTime it seems like a great feature I would like to have but totally not worth leaving my Z30
    Can you not use FaceTime on BB10? I had it installed on my Z10 a few leaks ago but did not use it.
    01-25-15 05:37 AM
    Can you not use FaceTime on BB10? I had it installed on my Z10 a few leaks ago but did not use it.
    Facetime is only for iDevices, like BBM was only available for BlackBerry before it went cross-platform. Just like iMessage and iCloud (although you can sync mail, contacts, calendars from iCloud with other platforms).

Posted from the 'Classy' Classic!
    KemKev likes this.
    01-25-15 05:47 AM
    Nobody is leaving anybody. I simply do not understand why it is so important for Apple Fanbois and girls to recruit those closest to them. I never thought of switching phone platforms as a grand gesture, but is it? Should I considering joining the iPeople or is it some sort of cult?

For the first 5 or 6 years of my smartphone relationship, contracts and carrier exclusives kept me from iPhone. I learned to adapt to using a BlackBerry, like a blind man's other senses enhance and compensate for his lack of sight, I learned to survive and even thrive in the modern world without this app or that one.

For the very first time with my Passport, I can say it that I am holding something objectively as good or better than an iPhone, albeit very different.

I am told that I am stubborn and stuck in my ways because I am one of the dead-enders still using a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    I'm sure you chose your partner because that person makes you happy. Why not be able to continue using a smartphone that does the same?
    There are no "conditions" in love....or there shouldn't be. My husband uses and Android, my son an iPhone. I have a Z30. We all co-exist. Isn't that what we are all after? The ability to breathe the same air but be ourselves?
    01-25-15 07:49 AM
    Umm... I'm pretty sure you did not have FaceTime installed on your Z10.

It's for iOS devices only.

BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion
    01-25-15 07:50 AM
    My husband has used BlackBerry up until recently because I use BlackBerry and can do the updates etc (I'm the tech geek)...
    But he was getting tired of the small screen on the Q10, and really really like the Note 4 for the screen size - yes he tried my Z30, but he just really wanted that one so who am I to stop him? It's just a phone. And now he's very happy with it. Which makes me happy. (now I don't have to keep updating two phones, lol).
    MarsupilamiX and GodGibson like this.
    01-25-15 09:03 AM
    L
    I
    E
    S
    !
    01-25-15 09:33 AM
    I bought my first BlackBerry in 2007 on T-Mobile (an 8700?) for 0 down and $49 rebate just for signing up. Two years later, the iPhone was available, but only on ATT, and TMO was willing to offer a better/cheaper plan, plus a $49 down 8900. It was actually a very nice, cheap phone back in the day. Next, I tried a MyTouch android phone (HTC) but the screen wasn't bright enough to use in the outdoors and the battery was dead by 3pm. I sent it back and said, at the very minimum, no matter how many wizbang features this phone has, if I can't see the screen and there are no buttons to press and the battery dies too early, what good is the phone to me?

So I waited for the 9900, which was a wonderful phone, except for the stupid battery pulls and crappy camera (the 8900 was better, imho). But I am an old school guy who still used a smartphone for primarily communication related tasks, so I shrugged off the occasional limitations, since my device did the "important stuff" exceptionally well.

Next upgrade, I had the CHOICE of an iPhone 5 or a Z10. TMO was charging $10 a month more for the iPhone, which was not the deal-breaker. Rather, I had been reading how thousands of earnest, hard-working Canadians were fighting for the survival of their company, and their jobs and I felt a connection that I had to acknowledge with my $$. I was told on more than one occasion that this was the most irrational reasoning to ever motivate a purchasing decision, but I believe that how I spend my money and my personal values, which I hold dear, should not be at odds.

Over the next two years, I questioned the wisdom of that decision, as it seemed likely that BlackBerry would not outlast my 2 year contract on my Z10, but they survived. Barely.

So I was ready to jump to iPhone next, but then came the Passport. I love to read, news, Kindle books, whatever. I am a social media user, email, bbm, text and of course, I love a great speaker phone. So Passport checks all my high priority needs and there are acceptable workarounds for the lower priority needs. So I paid $599 for an unlocked Passport. And I am happy.

However, my partner of over 2 years, who is the consumate Apple Fanboi is pressuring me to switch to Apple iPhone 6. I don't really want to switch, but I have a feeling that this is REALLY about something more than switching OS platforms. My question is, has your commitment to an OS platform ever been used as a proxy for your commitment to an intimate relationship, and should one stand his ground as a matter of principal?

Posted via CB10
    Really!?
    Are you seriously letting your relationship issues dictate whether to buy a BlackBerry or Iphone!? You'll hate the iphone! The new capacitive keyboard on the Passport is amazing.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-15 09:45 AM
    Tell your partner;

OS updates on BlackBerry don't render the phone slow and useless.

You don't need iTunes to control every single time you want to transfer files, music and pictures. We don't even need BlackBerry Link either. Simply plug and play!

You have a file manager built-in.

You can truly multi-task.

You have a physical keyboard that helps minimize the amount of spelling mistakes. Even the virtual keyboard on the Z10 and Z30 blows away other virtual keyboards.

Your Passport is made from stainless steel not cheap aluminum (cheapest metal there is unless highly worked on).

When you speak on the phone, your voice actually sounds VERY clear to others.

The lack of apps and games is mostly a bonus. You don't end up one of those who can't put the phone down for more than 15 minutes because there's always something to take your attention away.

Once you present these basic arguments, ask him why he still wants an iPhone?! Pull the old switcheroo on him!

Posted via CB10
    Sulaco757 likes this.
    01-25-15 10:17 AM
    However, my partner of over 2 years, who is the consumate Apple Fanboi is pressuring me to switch to Apple iPhone 6. I don't really want to switch, but I have a feeling that this is REALLY about something more than switching OS platforms. My question is, has your commitment to an OS platform ever been used as a proxy for your commitment to an intimate relationship, and should one stand his ground as a matter of principal?
    That would be a really sad state of affairs if it was. Generally, my gf's have had very little interest in mobile devices the way I do. My GF has an iPad and a Windows Phone, but also randomly grabs and plays with my Z10 and Fire without issue. My old GF switched from a Pearl to an iPhone and viewed both as functional and didn't understand why people obsessed with phones.

People do get excessively passionate about devices, but sometimes it's really silly.
    01-25-15 10:39 AM
72 123