I know these,..and this forum is mainly for Blackberry users, but I must say, if I had to pick another smartphone to replace my Passport, I'm quite sure I'd go with the iPhone 7 Plus,...or the upcoming 7 Plus S. Why? Well, I toyed with the G-S8 and G-S8+ at BestBuy yesterday,...and although I'm impressed with the technology behind the G-S8 and G-S8+, I am not a fan of the narrow screens! The left-to-Right narrowness seems to give me a since of "less substance" for the devices. This is even more pronounced when sized up against the Passport's screen. Also, although I'm fond of running Android apps on my Passport, I'm not completely sold on a full Android device! For that matter,...I'm not completely sold on iOS either. However, the fact is, the iPhone 7+ feels better in my hands than the Sammy devices! One thing for sure, the Sammy devices do have a very capable camera embedded in them! They are just plain great! - IMHO!!

JMD

PS: If Blackberry,...or whoever would up the anti of the Passport's replacement (...with a choice of BB10,...BB11 (...whatever), or Android);...Say, with a Keyone like keyboard,...and add 1/2" or more screen height,..more RAM,...faster processors! Etc, Etc,..Yada, yada! I'd be in for the ride all over again! The fact is,...BlackBerry users do not want second rate devices - at least I don't! We are spending or we are willing to spend big dollars on a top notch device! Just build the damn thing.

So,...will someone please "get with the program"!
    jyoule2017 likes this.
    05-01-17 10:38 AM
    I would look at the Huawei Mate 9. Width is very close to the Passport. I installed the Hub+, plus the BB keyboard. Took some adjustment, but no other phone appealed to me.
    JMDBERRY and anon(9188202) like this.
    05-01-17 10:46 AM
    I know these,..and this forum is mainly for Blackberry users, but I must say, if I had to pick another smartphone to replace my Passport, I'm quite sure I'd go with the iPhone 7 Plus,...or the upcoming 7 Plus S. Why? Well, I toyed with the G-S8 and G-S8+ at BestBuy yesterday,...and although I'm impressed with the technology behind the G-S8 and G-S8+, I am not a fan of the narrow screens! The left-to-Right narrowness seems to give me a since of "less substance" for the devices. This is even more pronounced when sized up against the Passport's screen. Also, although I'm fond of running Android apps on my Passport, I'm not completely sold on a full Android device! For that matter,...I'm not completely sold on iOS either. However, the fact is, the iPhone 7+ feels better in my hands than the Sammy devices! One thing for sure, the Sammy devices do have a very capable camera embedded in them! They are just plain great! - IMHO!!

JMD

PS: If Blackberry,...or whoever would up the anti of the Passport's replacement (...with a choice of BB10,...BB11 (...whatever), or Android);...Say, with a Keyone like keyboard,...and add 1/2" or more screen height,..more RAM,...faster processors! Etc, Etc,..Yada, yada! I'd be in for the ride all over again! The fact is,...BlackBerry users do not want second rate devices - at least I don't! We are spending or we are willing to spend big dollars on a top notch device! Just build the damn thing.

So,...will someone please "get with the program"!
    BB10 is dead.... they aren't even talking about commitment anymore.

As for the Passports form factor.... it just doesn't work in the generally 16x9 world we live in. It's not a supported form factor with Android, and getting a "wide" screen with the required height would make for a very large and unbalanced phone.

Use your Passport for as long as it meets your needs. Then you'll have to see what works best for you - Samsung's next NOTE? But you are in the minority within a minority that is within a NICHE.... sorry but we don't all get the things we want in life.
    JMDBERRY and Troy Tiscareno like this.
    05-01-17 10:48 AM
    If I felt that way I'd go Jolla Sony x.

Sent from one of my SE Passports using BB10 superior software.
    Avenzuno likes this.
    05-01-17 11:35 AM
    Yea I don't like narrow phone too. Passport is so special! I still want passport size smartphone!
    JMDBERRY likes this.
    05-01-17 11:51 AM
    My Passport has been my one "mythical" phone, I just wanted to have something special instead of going the safe way. My next phone will probably be the opposite, looking for reliability, app compatibility and small price, even if it's a little boring, at the real cost of having to type on a !!??!! screen. So a Moto G? Don't trust Chinese non brands, the Nexus line isn't a safe option anymore, older flagships like the V10 seem to have real problems, can't stand Samsung... Maybe an entry level Xperia, I would even contemplate a boring iPhone SE. The Keyone looks nice but it's twice the price I'd pay for a phone.
    JMDBERRY likes this.
    05-01-17 01:19 PM
    This is my BB Passport I received last week.. I am liking it
    JMDBERRY likes this.
    05-01-17 03:49 PM
    05-01-17 03:50 PM
    I would look at the Huawei Mate 9. Width is very close to the Passport. I installed the Hub+, plus the BB keyboard. Took some adjustment, but no other phone appealed to me.

If I had to Pick One Over The Other - Replacing My Passport! - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    Edit / Delete #10
    JMDBERRY
    Hmm, this is the first I've heard of this device,....I just watched an online review! Wow,...a 4000mah battery! Love the LARGE screen! Thank you...

Edit: I just read a few reviews on this device,...even though it has a 4000mah battery,...the use time sucks! Guys are complaining about the battery life! Unless I missed something,...this isn't for me.
    05-01-17 04:29 PM

If I had to Pick One Over The Other - Replacing My Passport! - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    Edit / Delete #10
    JMDBERRY
    Hmm, this is the first I've heard of this device,....I just watched an online review! Wow,...a 4000mah battery! Love the LARGE screen! Thank you...

Edit: I just read a few reviews on this device,...even though it has a 4000mah battery,...the use time sucks! Guys are complaining about the battery life! Unless I missed something,...this isn't for me.
    I am a heavy user, run my business through my phone. My battery life easily exceeds what my Passport was able to do.
    05-01-17 04:53 PM
    The OP says "if". Like him I use my Passport a lot. But for apps and media consumption I also have my old 6 Plus. The iPhone has the right screen aspect ratio. I've read the S8 devices restart all of a sudden. If the OP needs a Passport replacement soon, I suggest a 7 Plus, so the screen size is good for VKB, apps for business use are widely available, and screen isn't too narrow.

Posted via CB10 | SQW100-4 Passport on T-Mobile. Hi Ho Silver Edition!
    JMDBERRY likes this.
    05-01-17 05:45 PM
    Look at xperia z ultra... it is the same width as your passport and it is 7.1 inches tall.

You can consume more content and do excel sheets well and read mails better... it can do all the things that a passport can do but better.

Dont call its 2gb ram and snapdragon 800 outdated... this thing is faster than my passport and for day to day things like phones, messages, email, microsoft office, calender, browsing... this thing evenly matches my previously owned s7 edge.

Sure the s7 loads games like asphalt 8 3-4 seconds faster but thats about all the difference it makes...

Here is the xperia z ultra beside the iphone 5

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 422302
    JMDBERRY likes this.
    05-01-17 09:17 PM
    Look at xperia z ultra... it is the same width as your passport and it is 7.1 inches tall.

You can consume more content and do excel sheets well and read mails better... it can do all the things that a passport can do but better.

Dont call its 2gb ram and snapdragon 800 outdated... this thing is faster than my passport and for day to day things like phones, messages, email, microsoft office, calender, browsing... this thing evenly matches my previously owned s7 edge.

Sure the s7 loads games like asphalt 8 3-4 seconds faster but thats about all the difference it makes...

Here is the xperia z ultra beside the iphone 5

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 422302
    Hmm! Interesting device,....looking into it. Thank you vm....
    05-01-17 10:34 PM
    We have another S7 edge as well at the office for testing aps and it's awesome

also my personal phones are 7 plus jet black and a passport SE right now and to be honest the 7 plus is excellent, battery is as good as the passport, speaker is loud like the se and the camera is awesome.

Also the phone is extremely fast,

I would totally recommend it to you

however if you really like the look and features of BB's email system then use a android phone and put the BB email app on it (available on the play store)

Cheers!

BBCS
    JMDBERRY likes this.
    05-02-17 03:09 AM
    Blackberry Keyone is supposed to be reliable work phone to get things done this is why it doesn't have fastest specs. But those midrange specs are supposed to be optimized for it which leads to great battery life and android running smoothly.
    You will probably be happy with some kind of flagship android phablet. I don't think that ios is the os for you because it isn't productive enough and it's too restricted at least for me.

Tools not toys
    I was interested in the KeyOne but it's still an android! I have the DTEK60 and am considering going back to my Passport for communication and getting an unlocked Windows phone for everything else.
    05-04-17 11:44 AM
    Though I'm not in the predicament of replacing my Passport (which I don't even have! LOL!), I can say that I, too, wish that Samsung made the S8's wider.
    05-04-17 07:54 PM
    I obviously have not had a close go with the the Key1.
    I do however have a Priv.
    While the priv is very good and better than the passport in many ways.
    The passports screen. And solid sort of way it runs makes me keep on returning to it.
    if a passport with a Key 1 type inside and keyboard with the addition of a 9800 type mouse and full size USB connection could beproduced it would be a remarkable unit.
    For me the PP screen is just amazing and brings me back every time.SO FAR

Posted via CB10
    05-06-17 02:52 AM
    I'm good with my PP SE for next 2 years I hope. Now it is the best phone on market even with losing support.
    I would not go with a simple brick phone, I prefer some extra feature like pkb or my second choice would be Note with pen.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-17 04:40 AM
    I love my Passport SE except for its failing browser. It's time to move on, but I'm afraid the KEYone with only 3GB of RAM for the Hub and my other apps may not cut it. At least I can wait until an unlocked Verizon-compatible version is put on the market soon.

Posted via CB10 | SQW100-4 Passport on T-Mobile. Hi Ho Silver Edition!
    05-08-17 12:49 AM
    Skip them all......get a LG V20. its been quoted to be the power users phone, many times. You won't be disappointed.
    krazyatom likes this.
    05-08-17 05:54 PM
    Skip them all......get a LG V20. its been quoted to be the power users phone, many times. You won't be disappointed.
    LG v20 is excellent phone with battery removable and headphones dac built in.
    05-08-17 06:25 PM
    Another phone with a removable battery is the moto g5. Not the plus, just the basic g5.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-17 01:27 PM
    Did you like it... if not then lemme know why.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-17 01:26 AM
    HP Elite X3 is the best replacement for your Passport

Posted via CB10
    05-10-17 10:42 AM
    Another phone with a removable battery is the moto g5. Not the plus, just the basic g5.

Posted via CB10
    Regular moto g5 doesn't come with snapdragon 625 so that's a bummer. It has snapdragon 430.
    05-10-17 10:54 AM
27 12