blackbullet
    i'll have to check that out
    08-16-15 04:48 PM
    As i read it states that we will not be able to upgrade to the android os...
    Who knows that?

Posted via CB10
    You mean downgrade, right?

Posted via CB10
    extisis and Asvertus like this.
    08-16-15 05:39 PM
    You mean downgrade, right?

Posted via CB10
    Haha

Posted via CB10
    08-17-15 02:27 AM
    Sheesh... a "blackberoid" with screen lift, double type, wifi disconnects, & more... I can't wait !! Once may be enough for many...

Posted via CB10
    08-17-15 05:41 AM
    how to do that bro? through amazon appstore ?
    I installed Snap to my Blackberry Passport
    Snap v3 Beta now available for download | CrackBerry.com

That's all!
    Snappy Phoenix and elfabio80 like this.
    08-19-15 06:56 AM
    For some it may not be....

Same here, I am waiting for a decent phone with keyboard and without BB OS. Sorry, but after trying out iOS, Android, WebOS, Sailfish and even Meego (N9) I can say that I would rank BB somewhere between MeeGo and WebOS. That OS is so Alpha that one wonders how anyone can use that on a daily basis. It�s basically 2007 all over again. Tinkering to get basic stuff running and hoping that the next BB update won�t ruin everything.
    You guys will hate this but BB has a market share of under 1% for a reason - and having a great OS sure isn�t the reason. I like the hardware (although underpowered if feels quite fast - a lot of RAM helps for that) but if you guys want BB to not go bellyup I recommend you to think forward and pray to the mobile phone gods that they will release an Android version - because that will push sales, a LOT.
    Currently BB is a niche within a niche - with android they�ll be a niche within the largest mobile phone OS segment, and that will change a lot.

BB is fine for work, fine for those 5% of the companies that really need the added benefit of security (which might exist). I work in the financial sector and we use several, BB, iOS and even Android. BB and iOS native via Traveler (yeh - Lotus) with MDM and BB client on android devices. Seems like a fair solution for us - fine. BB is not sexy and not being sexy brings issues along, especially with the top management. Those guys don�t want a "secure" phone, they want the latest shiny and expensive thing - paid by the company.
    Guess why we have iOS? Right, 2 out of the 3 Directors were having an affair with iOS - took 7 weeks and iOS was all over.

You guys need to easen up and be more thoughtful and a lot more nicer to new members. Joining here is almost like a russian Gulag - cold and unfriendly and results in a lot of work because most people here tend to have only 1 solution to shortcomings of their devices: Live with it and suck it up.

Fine to be a fanboy but it�s unnecessary to be a jackass, right?

So in all friendlyness to the OP: I doubt that any current generation BB will every be able to use Android, it is highly unlikely, however we still don�t know and we do not know if the devices that are going to be realease will even offer full Android. It might be (lets hope) but I would say it is more likely that it won�t.
    BTW, those guys referring to Android phones with keyboards: Samsung released a case with a special snap on keyboard for their S6 phones - the reviews I have read so far all say that it is a great experience - almost comparable to a blackberry with the benefit of being removable and thus having the benefit of a larger screen.

So, now you gents here might bash me to death, I don�t care. Have fun.
    Snappy Phoenix likes this.
    08-26-15 10:03 AM
    How the **** is it possible !! : "https://youtu.be/LK4qimLLBHg"

Posted via CB10
    08-26-15 10:07 AM
    I just registered to ask the same, the moment I saw the silver Passport on Android I got very interested in this device.

Anybody knows how this guy is running Android on it ? check the video above.
    08-29-15 03:22 PM
    Personally I feel if BB has taken the pains to get a fully functioning version on the Silver PP, I guess, we are getting it too!!
    11-04-15 02:25 AM
    I wonder why some of you are even here on CrackBerry with your constant negative attitudes. Why bother? What joy do you get from trolling these forums? Grow up and get lives.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 03:22 AM
    I have moved away to the dark side and bought a Galaxy Note 4. Even though I have been using it for 5 months, I just cannot get used to the freakin' touch screen keyboards, I want a physical keyboard but I hate BB OS as of lately due to the lack of apps I need like Viber, imo, proper instagram (not some wannabe), my VPN app = Private Internet Access

I tried sideloading apps but it was a bad experience as the screen size is diff. so a lot of the buttons are either chopped off or hidden so you can't see them. I don't want this sideloading joke, I want proper Android apps...

so the question is...if I buy a Passport or Passport Silver, is it sure that we can install Android in the near future or is it just fake rumors?

PS: what is the difference between a Passport and Passport Silver?
    Did you try resizing the view? Swipe down from the top and resize

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 03:44 AM
    Anyone try this?
    marshmallow-tipsdotnet/tips-upgrade-update-blackberry-passport
    is it fake or not?
    03-12-16 07:17 PM
    Anyone try this?
    marshmallow-tipsdotnet/tips-upgrade-update-blackberry-passport
    is it fake or not?
    Just read that URL. Does it sound fake to you?
    03-12-16 07:39 PM
63 123