Stupid thread. Let's ask unanswerable questions and have other users reply as if they know for sure.
    this is one hostile forum compared to Android Central! Sorry I ever asked! what a jerk!
    AdamThatsIt and Coachbulldog like this.
    08-15-15 04:55 PM
    Simply no.

Posted via CB10
    Snappy Phoenix likes this.
    08-15-15 04:57 PM
    Simply no.

Posted via CB10
    that's all I wanted to know. Thank you sir for not being like the others
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    08-15-15 05:01 PM
    Has anybody ever attempted to put Android on a passport?

Posted via CB10
    08-15-15 05:47 PM
    this is one hostile forum compared to Android Central! Sorry I ever asked! what a jerk!
    Dude, you do realize you're asking a question that no one knows the answer to?

All the answers you're getting mean absolutely nothing and could be entirely wrong.

With that said, yes, you'll absolutely be able to change it to Android! You'll also be able to triple boot desktop Windows 10 and Mac OSX once you transition from BBOS to Android.

Posted via CB10 // Passport SQW100-1 // 10.3.2.2339 // Cricket Wireless
    08-15-15 05:51 PM
    NO

Posted via CB10
    08-15-15 06:29 PM
    load google play store like i have on my ATT Passport works like a charm for a few apps
    When you had your Passport, your buttons on your Android apps didn't have to be chopped off, you just needed to change the zoom on your phone.

Some are fine and not distorted running square, some need to be switched to rectangular. Even if you were able to load Android on a Passport I can't see this situation changing. Apps are not built for square phone screens.

Posted via CB10
    As far as I understand from your post/thread about Passport and Android!
    You just need some Android apps! I am using Passport now and I installed Viber, Instagram, and several more apps from Android! They are working as they should be!

Posted via CB10
    how to do that bro? through amazon appstore ?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...ctions-985344/

http://forums.crackberry.com/android...g-page-965257/
    fishlove73 and Snappy Phoenix like this.
    08-16-15 12:25 AM
    Thanks a lot! That worked and I was able to install some apps just fine. But when trying to install imo, it just says downloading forever
    08-16-15 06:21 AM
    As far as I understand from your post/thread about Passport and Android!
    You just need some Android apps! I am using Passport now and I installed Viber, Instagram, and several more apps from Android! They are working as they should be!

Posted via CB10
    notifications?
    08-16-15 09:16 AM
    If Chen's plan is to abandon BB10 and release a full android phone, then no. Existing phones will not be able to downgrade to android.

Posted via CB10
    And a definite downgrade it would be.

Posted via CB10
    extisis likes this.
    08-16-15 09:25 AM
    Another point that came to mind is; hypothetically if BB were to release a PP with android, I think the android community would step in and see what can be done. Think to the HP Touchpad when people installed cyanogenmod on it. I think there'll be people who would try it just for poops and laughs.
    08-16-15 09:38 AM
    why would any PP owner want to. just get an android and stop coming back to BBRY. Thanks.
    Trauma Surgeon likes this.
    08-16-15 10:38 AM
    why would any PP owner want to. just get an android and stop coming back to BBRY. Thanks.
    yeah find me an Android with a Keyboard with recent specs
    08-16-15 10:39 AM
    Another point that came to mind is; hypothetically if BB were to release a PP with android, I think the android community would step in and see what can be done. Think to the HP Touchpad when people installed cyanogenmod on it. I think there'll be people who would try it just for poops and laughs.
    ok so why would BB do that for poops and laughs? just like another CBer said in another thread- they're better off gathering up a bunch of their cash and setting it on fire. I'd rather see that then android on a PP or any other BB10 phone for that matter.
    08-16-15 10:39 AM
    yeah find me an Android with a Keyboard with recent specs
    that samsung and their new kb-add on. go for it. you're welcome.
    08-16-15 10:41 AM
    notifications?
    blackbullet
    08-16-15 10:43 AM
    ok so why would BB do that for poops and laughs? just like another CBer said in another thread- they're better off gathering up a bunch of their cash and setting it on fire. I'd rather see that then android on a PP or any other BB10 phone for that matter.
    I think you misunderstood me. I was trying to say that if BB were to officially install android on a BB device, there would be those in the android community who would try to replicate it on other BB devices (that were never designed with android in mind).

BB does what it wants lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    08-16-15 10:59 AM
    I don't know about Viber, but I do know that Instagram apk runs fine on the Passport. Is that the only app though you are missing?

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 11:05 AM
    Suppose, for the sake of the conversation, BlackBerry manages to build a secure Android ROM. I wonder if it could be installed on current hardware via an autoloader. I have no reason to think they'd make such a thing available, just wondering.
    08-16-15 11:11 AM
    there would be those in the android community who would try to replicate it on other BB devices (that were never designed with android in mind).
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    assuming that's even possible.
    08-16-15 11:14 AM
    Thanks a lot! That worked and I was able to install some apps just fine. But when trying to install imo, it just says downloading forever
    Welcome to the world of runtimes. Take the download info with a grain of salt. It can say it's at 39% forever, when the BB installer suddenly pops up and you get to tap the install button. That will go about 2/3 of the way and an accept/decline dialog will open for you to choose to go ahead or not.

Note: The tip from CecilTsunami is a good one. I have an Android app with built in note taking capability. As installed, it opens with two vertical windows -- 2/3 the text I'm reading, 1/3 note taking segment. If an Android app doesn't display nicely, pull down from the top. Then tap the "size" button. That'll take you to a choice of three viewing modes. Keep trying till you find the one you like best. I haven't found anything, yet, that didn't work acceptably with the right choice.
    08-16-15 12:10 PM
    Suppose, for the sake of the conversation, BlackBerry manages to build a secure Android ROM. I wonder if it could be installed on current hardware via an autoloader. I have no reason to think they'd make such a thing available, just wondering.
    Probably not. But they could come up with something that was BB10 with Android instead of the limitations of our present runtime.
    08-16-15 12:13 PM
    I have moved away to the dark side and bought a Galaxy Note 4. Even though I have been using it for 5 months, I just cannot get used to the freakin' touch screen keyboards, I want a physical keyboard but I hate BB OS as of lately due to the lack of apps I need like Viber, imo, proper instagram (not some wannabe), my VPN app = Private Internet Access

I tried sideloading apps but it was a bad experience as the screen size is diff. so a lot of the buttons are either chopped off or hidden so you can't see them. I don't want this sideloading joke, I want proper Android apps...

so the question is...if I buy a Passport or Passport Silver, is it sure that we can install Android in the near future or is it just fake rumors?

PS: what is the difference between a Passport and Passport Silver?
    Not Sure at all

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 12:24 PM
    You just beat the same dead horse in every ******* thread with zero thought to the business reasons behind BlackBerry deciding to go Android. You truly annoy me.
    08-16-15 01:51 PM
    You just beat the same dead horse in every ******* thread with zero thought to the business reasons behind BlackBerry deciding to go Android. You truly annoy me.
    lmao bump your business reasons - the ignore button is right there, press it. i did for you a while ago.
    08-16-15 02:44 PM
63 123