Heaven forbids, I know. Like many crackberrian, I truly wish BlackBerry to live for a long, long time. Outlive me, even. But if it ever comes to that dreadful day, will it still relevan to keep my Passport? I mean, being a BB10, it's not like the legacy devices that requires BIS to survive, hence, Passport doesn't exactly need BlackBerry server or whatnot to be used as normally, right?

Or am I wrong? Could anyone she'd some light on this? Thanks in advance!

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2204
    06-12-15 08:47 AM
    Your phone will disintegrate.

Nothing will happen. Your phone will work it just might not be supported by BlackBerry if they abandoned BB10. I have a webOS tablet that works fine even though the platform isn't supported any more. Look at the Playbook. It was abandoned long ago but it still works, it just doesn't get device updates and you get no support from BB on it.
    06-12-15 08:52 AM
    it should still run as normal since it doesn't require BIS. BB10 updates wont stop either immediately
    06-12-15 08:54 AM
    Thank you, guys. This is good news for me. I want to keep being able to use my Passport, even should the company is no more. It's the best phone for work and networking, ever. Windows phone comes a close second, but not by much.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2204
    06-12-15 09:20 AM
    BlackBerry won't "die." They may get acquired but they won't die.
    06-14-15 10:42 AM
    Blackberry is never ever going to die. So keep your mind at rest.
    To ease your tension, your phone will still be relevant. Only issue is that you won't get support and updates anymore for the device.
    But like I said, BlackBerry ain't going no where.

Z30STA100-2/OS10.3.BLACKBERRY
    06-14-15 10:45 AM
    BlackBerry is like 'The Walking Dead'... the only way to kill it is to shoot it straight to its brain...

Posted via CB10
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    06-14-15 11:48 AM
    If BlackBerry were to die...it would have died long time ago. It's got a strong backing from billion dollar companies who need that extra level of security. And don't forget most government organizations and military still rely on blackberry for communication. So I don't see it dying anytime soon.

Posted via my badass Passport
    06-14-15 12:23 PM
    If BlackBerry would die, which I think will never happen, the I suppose bbm would cease to function, just as the BlackBerry world would, but other than that, bb10 devices would still work and have Internet access as far as I know...

But... we will never know for sure as BlackBerry is here to stay...

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 12:28 PM
    I have a Z10, Q10, Z30, Passport, and Classic. If each device is good for another two years each, then I have at least another decade using a BlackBerry device.

BlackBerry won't die, it will just change. We know BlackBerry as the company that makes phones. But if it decides to get out of the phone business, then it will still exist as a company that makes secure software and secure communication for enterprise companies, medical sector, and automobiles.

I don't think BlackBerry will get out of the handset business anytime soon. I do think they will increase market share in the coming years.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 01:23 PM