I guess it's inevitable, a BlackBerry Android phone. My question to everyone is if Blackberry completely ditches BB10 where do you go from here. I only been on Blackberry phones and will be lost in the smart phone crowd. What's the next best thing?
    07-03-15 11:06 AM
    My first phone was a BlackBerry, then a Samsung Galaxy, and now the Passport. If they remove Android runtime I'll just go with iOS next.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-15 11:08 AM
    It would all depend on how well BlackBerry are able to implement and integrate key features (such as the Hub, gestures, multi tasking, etc), and how they are able to secure Android to meet the standards we have come to know from a BlackBerry device.

That being said, I'm not a huge fan of Android no matter which manufacturer it comes from, whether it be Samsung, HTC, Sony, or BlackBerry so I'm really hoping that they continue with BlackBerry 10 development beyond the upcoming 10.3.3.
    07-03-15 11:19 AM
    It would all depend on how well BlackBerry are able to implement and integrate key features (such as the Hub, gestures, multi tasking, etc), and how they are able to secure Android to meet the standards we have come to know from a BlackBerry device.
    Should be a piece of cake I cannot foresee any major issues
    considering Android is very versatile and customizable.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-15 11:25 AM
    If BlackBerry ditches BB10 I'll go with Blackberry. You're not going to get feature set like the Hub on any other platform because of the limitations of what BB CAN do as an app on IOS for example.
    07-03-15 11:59 AM
    I'm indifferent. Given my age, I should be using an iPhone or something along that line.

What would make Android on BlackBerry appeal to me would be if the Android OS was customized in a way unique to BlackBerry. If they made a mod say, that made the UI resemble BlackBerry10 a bit more.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Q10
    07-03-15 12:06 PM
    Not sure tbh, want to try Jolla Sailfish, but the device has bad specs
    07-03-15 12:13 PM
    Not sure tbh, want to try Jolla Sailfish, but the device has bad specs
    Waiting for Jolla 2

Posted via CB10
    07-03-15 12:24 PM

That being said, I'm not a huge fan of Android no matter which manufacturer it comes from, whether it be Samsung, HTC, Sony, or BlackBerry so I'm really hoping that they continue with BlackBerry 10 development beyond the upcoming 10.3.3.
    This!

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    07-03-15 03:03 PM