Why not become an email provider,...given all of the security hacks of email accounts, etc., why not offer email accounts that allow for BlackBerry security? Also, imagine if such email accounts brought added security for BlackBerry device users!

Imagine the renew interest in a BlackBerry by millions.

If this happens I have first dibs on "JMD@Blackberry.Com",...or "JMD@Blackberry.net"!

C'mon Chen,...step up to the plate and swing!

Posted via CB10
    10-12-16 11:28 AM
    Becuase email by nature isn't all that secure... even on a BlackBerry.

You want secure email, then everyone has to be behind the same secure corporate network protected by a BES Server. Once you send your secure corporate email back out to the wild... it has to use standard protocols to be readable by those other systems.
    10-12-16 11:44 AM
    It was already out when we were on the BBOS days, but they pulled the plug on it since BB10 came out...
    JMDBERRY likes this.
    10-12-16 11:44 AM
    Let wikiLeaks hack Clinton's account, because she is really hiding something that liar.
    BerryRipe likes this.
    10-12-16 11:46 AM
    They did used to do that before BB10 then stopped using their own servers eg I used to have mark......... @blackberry.orange.co.uk just a pity they stopped.

Posted by my majestic Passport
    JMDBERRY likes this.
    10-12-16 12:32 PM
    The email era is passed.

There's just so much email on anyone's mailbox, including contacts, etc that hardly anyone will do that unless they are targeting very young people.

BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    10-12-16 01:31 PM
    I'm done even thinking about giving Chen or BlackBerry ideas but good for you for not giving up.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-16 08:56 PM
    "BlackBerry security" is a nebulous bullet point on a box, especially if it comes to really standardized protocols like email.

The best way to have a secure email account is to not outsource management to dribbling morons.
    10-15-16 11:15 PM
    There's something wrong with this..... electronic mail?

Posted via CB10
    10-15-16 11:48 PM
    You heard about hillary right she used a BlackBerry but her emails were not secure

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-16-16 02:00 PM
    You heard about hillary right she used a BlackBerry but her emails were not secure

That has nothing to do with the device. It's her server that was not secure.
    10-16-16 02:02 PM
    Let wikiLeaks hack Clinton's account, because she is really hiding something that liar.
    Wow. Wikileaks doesn't hack.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-16 02:13 PM
    I think it's time that BlackBerry pack up and close shop. The numbers doesn't lie. Nobody is interested in anything that has a name BlackBerry.

As long as the word BlackBerry is there nobody will be interested to listen or even glance that way. So stop wasting time Mr Chen. Just pack up and go.

There is nothing you nor anyone else in the world can do for BlackBerry. Just shut it down and pack it up. Sell the patents maybe if anybody care to look at it. Perhaps it's a good idea not to buy any patents from BlackBerry so when it close down just copy it as BlackBerry will have not means to sue anyway.

10-16-16 02:20 PM
    I think it's time that BlackBerry pack up and close shop. The numbers doesn't lie. Nobody is interested in anything that has a name BlackBerry.

As long as the word BlackBerry is there nobody will be interested to listen or even glance that way. So stop wasting time Mr Chen. Just pack up and go.

There is nothing you nor anyone else in the world can do for BlackBerry. Just shut it down and pack it up. Sell the patents maybe if anybody care to look at it. Perhaps it's a good idea not to buy any patents from BlackBerry so when it close down just copy it as BlackBerry will have not means to sue anyway.

So they should abandon their shareholders and forego the significant software income they are enjoying today?

They are, however, correct in eliminating the device division which has been dragging them down for years.
    10-16-16 02:37 PM

That's just sad. It's like how US and EU should pack up and go. It's a waste of time for the government's to do anything.

Where the heck is the fighting spirit to improve?

BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    10-16-16 03:41 PM

Well I'm sticking with BlackBerry until the end no phone I have ever had was not BlackBerry the brand and the phones mean something to me and I will stick by them as long I can

10-16-16 07:11 PM
    I'll give up my BlackBerry if Nextel iDEN phones return. I miss my i930

Posted via CB10
    10-16-16 07:15 PM
    I'll give up my BlackBerry if Nextel iDEN phones return. I miss my i930

Posted via CB10
    I still have my BlackBerry 7100i.

Same era - 2005.
    10-16-16 07:24 PM