About six weeks ago, i bought on ricardo.ch (similat to ebay but only for swiss) passport.
    The phone is 3 month old, and had problem with reception.
    I had to bring it to repair. They told me the repair would take about 10 day.

After few weeks i get a call, and they told me that they can't repair this model of passport in switzerland, and they have to send the device to blackberry in germany.

Last week they called me again and told me the the phone should be here this week.

Now, the man who sold me the passport told me that he would take the passport back if want to, and i get my money back.

I really like the passport, and meanwhile i have cheap wiko android phone and it works ok.

I barely use much apps, but i need whatapp.
    All people that i know are using whatsapp.

I really would like to keep passport but only if there is some workaround for whatsapp after december 2016.

Is whatsapp from google play store (amazon store) working?
    07-05-16 01:22 PM
    I think if I was in your situation, and because of the problem with the device, I would send it back for a refund.
    07-05-16 01:25 PM
    Get a refund. Up till now. There is no certainty that whatsapp might work after the end of the year. Third party app is still unsure. Apk file can work but cant send pict and video.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-16 04:58 AM
    I get refund anyway. Since 3 Months I'm waiting for Passport. They sent it to Germany and now the phone is stuck on custom. Nobody knows what is happening. Lol
    08-11-16 03:39 PM
    Keep it! I'm sure there will be a workaround for Whatsapp at somepoint

Posted via CB10
    08-11-16 04:31 PM
    i'm sure BBRY will find a way to (at least) keep WhatsApp to be alive for BB10 (i'm not sure for BB 0S but surely, BB10 should prevail).. we just have to wait.
    08-12-16 04:47 AM
    Apk direct from WhatsApp site works on Passport.

вℓαквєяяу ραѕѕρσят ѕιℓνєя є∂ιтιση
    08-12-16 06:33 AM
    Apk direct from WhatsApp site works on Passport.

вℓαквєяяу ραѕѕρσят ѕιℓνєя є∂ιтιση
    How did you get this font, please?

Posted via CB10
    08-12-16 09:20 AM
    How did you get this font, please?

Posted via CB10
    Text Twister app from BlackBerry World.

Posted via The Black Beast-  P A S S P O R T | OG
    08-12-16 10:21 AM
    I'm in the same boat. Love my Passport, but Whatsapp has become crucial - not by choice, but because of other contacts and groups I have to communicate with, including work.
    08-12-16 10:25 AM
    Don't worry guys, after all we have developers who love this platform. So whatsapp clients are a no brainer. I am really positive about that. Nemory would be the first one to create the app. There was a time when we never had official whatsapp in blackberry world. Instead, we had whatsapp clients. The situation wouldn't be much different. BlackBerry Passport is a one of a kind device. And, I would never risk it for another boring piece of glass!

Posted via CB10
    08-12-16 11:45 AM
    Hey, listen, the multiple posters who are saying "no problem Whatsapp is going to keep working or someone is going to develop something to replace it". Do you guys KNOW this to be the case?

I think you are expressions OPINIONS as if they are FACT. If you have FACTS to back up your statements, then I will offer an apology.
    If you do not have FACTS, then you need to not offer people false hope. For all you know, Whatsapp may be doing something on their servers that will not recognize the BB10 code base.
    08-12-16 11:58 AM
    It's really a point to worry about because of WhatsApp dying after 31st Dec. Anyway but hope BlackBerry guys will do something to hold our faith and loyalty towards them.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-16 02:39 PM
    Everyone out of step except you. Tell your friends to download the BlackBerry Messenger app. It's free. My family use iPhones to chat using the Apple Messenger app (I believe). They have installed BlackBerry Messenger on their mobiles in order to converse with me. I have Whatsapp but have never used it so I don't know how it compares with BlackBerry Messenger. Anyone like to comment on that?

Posted via CB10
    08-12-16 03:33 PM