I'm having second thoughts. I'm sure this goes for a lot of you here. You're on Google, comparing the Q10 to the Classic and Passport and choosing whether or not to pick one up.

The Passport, gorgeous device, qwerty kb looks very wide though. Will I eventually be able to type as fast on it as I do on my q10? Let's say, an average of 40 words per minute? ( I used extreme typist app to calculate it)

The Classic, another beautiful device. Doesn't have convenience keys but it does have the toolbelt I wanted back so badly but learned to live without.

The Q10, a device that just works. It's not beautiful in my opinion, but definitely nice looking. Just needs the metal band which is obviously changeable. It's a great size too. Perfect size. Never selling it.

I would like the passport because it's different. It's a different experience. It seems like a whole new OS at times. What's keeping me from getting it? I have no idea. I can afford it. Just a cheap person but I'm down to get it if it's really worth it. Any suggestions or opinions? I'm sure this goes for a lot of people that are on edge about the Passport.

Posted via CB Q10 or 9000
    11-01-14 12:17 PM
    If you keep your phones for a long time which judging by the 9000 in your signature you do, then the Passport is certainly the most future proof spec wise.

Coming from a 9900 the keyboard did take some time to get used to and I am by no means a super fast typist, but I am getting along with it fine now.

I was holding out for the Classic but the more I read about the Passport the more I had to have one, and 4 weeks in I have no regrets at all.
    11-01-14 12:27 PM
    Buy a Passport at a physical store if you can.

Try it out for a week and return it wthin the allowable return period if you don't fall in love with it the way I did :-)

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 12:29 PM
    If specs is your thing, then definitely go with Passport.

The keyboard is intimidating for me in the beginning but like other posts said, it did grow me and I am pretty comfortable with it now.

The screen is the best of them all. The Android experience is also noticeably better. Does that matter to you?

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    11-01-14 12:32 PM
    I'm having second thoughts. I'm sure this goes for a lot of you here. You're on Google, comparing the Q10 to the Classic and Passport and choosing whether or not to pick one up.

The Passport, gorgeous device, qwerty kb looks very wide though. Will I eventually be able to type as fast on it as I do on my q10? Let's say, an average of 40 words per minute? ( I used extreme typist app to calculate it)

The Classic, another beautiful device. Doesn't have convenience keys but it does have the toolbelt I wanted back so badly but learned to live without.

The Q10, a device that just works. It's not beautiful in my opinion, but definitely nice looking. Just needs the metal band which is obviously changeable. It's a great size too. Perfect size. Never selling it.

I would like the passport because it's different. It's a different experience. It seems like a whole new OS at times. What's keeping me from getting it? I have no idea. I can afford it. Just a cheap person but I'm down to get it if it's really worth it. Any suggestions or opinions? I'm sure this goes for a lot of people that are on edge about the Passport.

I had huge concerns about typing speed in the passport. As you can see in my signature, I used the classic BB keyboard for a long time. So the new 3rd row layout on the passport was holding me back. But i can tell you, I learned the new keyboard much quicker than i thought. After the first week I was at 95% of Q10's typing speed.

today I'm as fast as I was the Q10, maybe faster. The other day i picked up the Q10, and couldn't type on it, keys felt so small, I was pressing 2 keys at once.

I should say that typing symbols is still a tad quicker on the "old" keyboard, but that's the only drawback

So go ahead mate, you will love it.
    11-01-14 12:39 PM
    You can't go wrong with a Passport, but the keypad does take a while to get used to. I've had my Passport for a week now, and I'm still adjusting from the Z30 touch. I do feel like I'm getting much faster and have a lot more control over what I'm typing.

It does sound like the Classic might suit you well though.
    11-01-14 12:40 PM
    If specs is your thing, then definitely go with Passport.

The keyboard is intimidating for me in the beginning but like other posts said, it did grow me and I am pretty comfortable with it now.

The screen is the best of them all. The Android experience is also noticeably better. Does that matter to you?

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    Specs is something I'm not super crazy about. There are devices out there with a 1GHz processor that run faster than others with 2GHz. Smoothness and efficiency are important to me. If I need portability I could always swap the SIM back into my q10. Android app experience could definitely get me more interesting because those with the q10 know that some apps are just almost worthless.

I hop I'm not asking much but could you try "extreme typist". I'm curious as to how many characters/words can be typed on the passport at full speed. Here's mine on the q10 at full speed.
    I Want a Passport But-img_20141030_211517.png

11-01-14 12:40 PM
    Buy a Passport at a physical store if you can.

Try it out for a week and return it wthin the allowable return period if you don't fall in love with it the way I did :-)

Posted via CB10
    I would try if ATT could finally announce the passport lol.

11-01-14 12:41 PM
    I had huge concerns about typing speed in the passport. As you can see in my signature, I used the classic BB keyboard for a long time. So the new 3rd row layout on the passport was holding me back. But i can tell you, I learned the new keyboard much quicker than i thought. After the first week I was at 95% of Q10's typing speed.

today I'm as fast as I was the Q10, maybe faster. The other day i picked up the Q10, and couldn't type on it, keys felt so small, I was pressing 2 keys at once.

I should say that typing symbols is still a tad quicker on the "old" keyboard, but that's the only drawback

So go ahead mate, you will love it.
    If you're faster, it's definitely getting me more interested. I like the form factor, and the the screen size could accommodate a lot of apps I want to use that I initially haven't been able to with the Q10

11-01-14 12:42 PM
    I ordered it. And I actually....don't regret hitting the "Place Order Now" button.
    Attached Thumbnails I Want a Passport But-img_20141101_142416.png  
    11-01-14 01:25 PM
    I ordered it. And I actually....don't regret hitting the "Place Order Now" button.
    Congratulations enjoy it it's a great device

Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.3289
    11-01-14 01:34 PM
    You had my words, 600 to buy uniqueness, power, value, top spec, look as a boss.. it was well worth it. Enjoy your passport soon.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 03:21 PM
    One of the best technological investments I've made. The Passport is amazing

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 04:03 PM
    Thanks guys! Hopefully it's a non-defective unit lol. Then again. If it is. It allows me to return it if I don't like the size lol.

11-01-14 04:11 PM
    Sounds like the OP may be suited for the Classic. OTOH, the Passport is a very comfortable device to type on, too!

Wait till it becomes easier to get, maybe?

Posted with my Passport via CB10!
    11-01-14 04:11 PM
    Sounds like the OP may be suited for the Classic. OTOH, the Passport is a very comfortable device to type on, too!

Wait till it becomes easier to get, maybe?

Posted with my Passport via CB10!
    Already ordered the Passport. BUT you may be right. We'll see how I like the Passport. I have my q10 just in case I change my mind lol. Thanks for the input!

11-01-14 04:13 PM