Who else would like to be able to choose an active frame on the home screen without leaving the keyboard?

I think this tactile keyboard is under exploited and hope BlackBerry find new ways to use it to be more productive.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 06:03 PM
    I think we should wait to see what 10.3.1 brings to the table with regards to more widespread trackpad implementation.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 06:06 PM
    I want them to implement double tap trackpad.

Right now you double tap the keyboard to get text selection. It would be nice to double tap and get a cursor.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 06:08 PM
    I want them to implement double tap trackpad.

Right now you double tap the keyboard to get text selection. It would be nice to double tap and get a cursor.

Posted via CB10
    Or leave that the way it is and add another way to activate a mouse pointer when applicable
    10-06-14 06:27 PM
    It's funny how now everyone seems to want a mouse cursor on touchscreen devices. I remember when reviewers ripped on the BBOS 7 devices for having a 'mouse cursor' on 2011 touch screen devices.

BlackBerry Torch 9850 review (Verizon) | BGR

The Torch 9850 sports an outdated OS, the worst App ecosystem and selection, mind-numbing quirks and issues, all on a platform that was not ever made to be used on a touch screen.

Nothing makes sense at all. Why is there a mouse cursor on an all-touch device in the web browser? It’s the equivalent of shipping a stylus.
    10-06-14 06:44 PM
    I do have to admit one of the first things I wished I had after familiarizing myself with the capacitive keyboard was a mouse curser in the browser. Call me sentimental, but I liked using it from those old BBOS7 days. You could click links with out having to zoom in, although admittedly it's not too much of a problem with the Passports much larger screen. And, I can see how this might be hard to implement.

The other thing I wish the keyboard would do is navigate between screens in the OS. You can do it in the Twitter app if you use 2 fingers on the keyboard (you only need to move one though). This might be because I tend to flick the screens back and forth when I get fidgety though.
    10-06-14 06:57 PM
    I don't want an arrow on the screen but the ability to choose an active frame from the keyboard. Once your hand are positioned on the keyboard you don?t want to remove them to select on the screen.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 06:59 PM
    If people really want or need a mouse cursor hook up a bluetooth mouse.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 07:17 PM
    The point is to not leave the keyboard !

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 07:43 PM
    I don't want an arrow on the screen but the ability to choose an active frame from the keyboard. Once your hand are positioned on the keyboard you don?t want to remove them to select on the screen.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah for sure, this is exactly how their implementing the track pad on the Classic. Hopefully they bring the functionally to the Passport!

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 08:19 PM