I am a windows 10 mobile and I love the platform. The last Blackberry I ever used was the Bold 5. A phone so classy that I never wanted o let it go until a sister of mine needed to get a phone so I ended up giving it to her. I have gone in a semi circle run. Used the Android platform and now the windows 10 mobile. I need a phone and my eyes were so intrigued by the passport. Though it is a two year old phone it still has specs that can compete with any high end phone I'm 2016. And also I have learnt that it is always advisable and cheap to pick up a year and two years down the line. So now I will like to pick one up cos it fits my business needs. My w10m is quite good but I don't feel satisfied with the business function of the phone. After asking around I was told I should get a passport. However the challenge i am facing now is that WhatsApp which is also integral to my business is withdrawing its support for the platform come end of 2016. That is a great challenge. How do I get WhatsApp on my phone once the support stops?. Also I will like to know after spending �360 on the phone, will the company still keep supporting BB10?

I need answers to this question before I plunged deep into the platform.
    07-08-16 07:38 AM
    07-08-16 07:42 AM
    If WhatsApp is needed, don't get the Passport. Also BB10 is not going to be receiving any substantial updates in the future. Honestly, your best bet is to wait and see what the Rome (Android PKB device) looks like.

Agreed on the form factor of the Passport, it's fantastic. Love the wider screen for texts, docs, etc.

Posted via CB10
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    07-08-16 07:43 AM
    Stay away from Passport. Get the Priv if you still want the BlackBerry name.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-16 07:57 AM
    I completely understand your conundrum. I am writing this response on an iPhone 6S Plus. It is a very nice piece of equipment but I have found myself regretting my decision to bail on blackberry (a decision prompted by blackberry's decision to bail on me---in phasing out OS10---and its foray into the utterly insecure world of Android). So in a significant gamble, I have availed myself of the summer sale and have purchased new Blackberry Passport SE. I will set it up today. Good luck with your decision.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    07-08-16 08:18 AM
    I completely understand your conundrum. I am writing this response on an iPhone 6S Plus. It is a very nice piece of equipment but I have found myself regretting my decision to bail on blackberry (a decision prompted by blackberry's decision to bail on me---in phasing out OS10---and its foray into the utterly insecure world of Android). So in a significant gamble, I have availed myself of the summer sale and have purchased new Blackberry Passport SE. I will set it up today. Good luck with your decision.
    I'm assuming WhatsApp isn't critical for you? . Congrats on the Passport SE, hope you like it.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-16 08:21 AM
    I used a Galaxy 7 some days ago: I am surprised on how fast it is my 2 years Passport compared to a latest and high end Samsung.

I just can imagine the speed of BlackBerry10 on a 32bit SoC ...

Android only has apps. Nothing better that BlackBerry10.

Period.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-16 08:25 AM
    I agree. One app developer's decision to back out of the platform (vis. WhatsApp), un no way constitutes credible evidence of the failure of the platform. The risk is not with the platform but with Mr. Chen's ambiguity regarding longer term support.
    07-08-16 08:34 AM
    I used a Galaxy 7 some days ago: I am surprised on how fast it is my 2 years Passport compared to a latest and high end Samsung.

I just can imagine the speed of BlackBerry10 on a 32bit SoC ...

Android only has apps. Nothing better that BlackBerry10.

Period.

Posted via CB10
    I think with basic maintenance - clear out browser cache occasionally, reboot the phone from time to time, etc keeps it running well.

Posted via CB10
    Zeratul57 likes this.
    07-08-16 08:36 AM
    Thanks for the advise. I was also offered the opportunity of getting the HTC one x9. But the mediatek is scaring me off and the fact that android is unsecured and also lacks immediate update of security except you run nexus irritates me. Still thinking of what to do.
    Last edited by shibiyi; 07-08-16 at 11:17 AM. Reason: typography
    07-08-16 11:15 AM
    Stay away from Passport. Get the Priv if you still want the BlackBerry name.
    Posted via CB10
    Priv is an android phone so i will rather get an android phone from a major android player and not Blackberry. However i don't want an android device.
    07-08-16 11:38 AM
    Priv is an android phone so i will rather get an android phone from a major android player and not Blackberry. However i don't want an android device.
    If it wasn't for WhatsApp, sounds like you might be fine with a Passport. If you're on the go, the only solution would be to slave a WhatsApp capable device on Hotspot but that's a Pain in the -

If you're concerned about security updates probably a Nexus is your best option, or consider iPhone as well.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-16 11:48 AM
    Well im concerned for whatsapp too but I realized that Blackberry Messenger is now on iphones and androids as well, so u can chat there and if anybody wants to contact u they know where to find! Bbm its even better, it works with the device pin number instead of syncing ur phone number. The only thing that I dont like is that u dont have the right to see the "last seen" of the most person ur talking with, otherwise is great and most important SECURE!

Posted via CB10
    07-08-16 12:08 PM
    If u want to buy a passport contact me. Im selling mine caus I want to buy a silver edition! I purchased through blackberry on 25-26 june from the summer spectacular deals for 377 US dollars including tax. Im selling it for 300 $ no more no less!

Posted via CB10
    07-08-16 12:52 PM
    Oh yeah and if u are interested it comes with a sync pod and original box!

Posted via CB10
    07-08-16 12:54 PM
    Since you need whatsapp I would get a Nexus 5x or a flagship from a year ago, the Moto 4 is also looking decent; it's a shame because typing is so much easier on the Passport, but alas no more Whatsapp come december. Unless you can get all your contacts to install and use BBM, not always feasible as I've found some friends don't have space left on their 16gb iPhones...
    07-08-16 03:25 PM
    If u want to buy a passport contact me. Im selling mine caus I want to buy a silver edition! I purchased through blackberry on 25-26 june from the summer spectacular deals for 377 US dollars including tax. Im selling it for 300 $ no more no less!

Posted via CB10
    Don't forget to mention the scratch.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-16 03:40 PM
    I think with basic maintenance - clear out browser cache occasionally, reboot the phone from time to time, etc keeps it running well.

Posted via CB10
    Funny. Sounds like general PC computer maintenance. Hmmm what a concept.

Sent from a Silver Passport.
    07-08-16 03:47 PM
    Since you need whatsapp I would get a Nexus 5x or a flagship from a year ago, the Moto 4 is also looking decent; it's a shame because typing is so much easier on the Passport, but alas no more Whatsapp come december. Unless you can get all your contacts to install and use BBM, not always feasible as I've found some friends don't have space left on their 16gb iPhones...
    I see what you did there.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-16 04:32 PM
    Funny. Sounds like general PC computer maintenance. Hmmm what a concept.

Sent from a Silver Passport.
    If you take care if it, it takes care of you.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-16 04:35 PM
    I'd buy the PRIV if I HAD to go Android. I have a Passport SE, and it's the greatest thing ever, but I don't have any apps that I can't live without. But if I was going Android I'd only go with a PRIV, because I like Blackberry hardware as much as their software. Plus, you'd be the only kid on the block that had one!

Posted via CB10
    07-08-16 05:23 PM
    Hahah yes it comes with a tiny unnoticeable scratch and a sync pod hahah im really serious

Posted via CB10
    07-08-16 10:14 PM
    If I am to pick from two options now so really clear to me. Buying this phone with all the stuff it brings from two years ago and distinctly cheap price compare to other flagship today and letting it go cos of WhatsApp related issues then I will go for this phone and find a way around WhatsApp. Hopefully WhatsApp's web application will start working soon for everybody. I ain't passing on on this phone. It is a beast. My windows 10 mobile can also support my WhatsApp needs though carrying two major phones will be a massive challenge for me. Still ruminating though. IPhone too expensive for me and their phone are not strong enough for me to use. I am a field sales man and my phones drop a lot on the move, iPhones can't survive that and 16GB of storage nowadays is just too small. Nexus is not being sold in Nigeria at all.
    07-09-16 03:39 AM
    There are better phones than the priv if one wants to go android. So no android for me. Either I stay on exclusively on windows 10 mobile or move to BB10 with support from w10m. I ain't going to be using android again. Though many apps I really need to get are on the android platform.
    07-09-16 03:43 AM
    Another issue I need to clear. I have a huge need for utility apps. Financial, notes taking apps (OneNote) to be exact, I use the OneDrive cloud storage, I use the Microsoft maps as well as navigational apps, I use the rss reader called nextgen reader or feedly on android, I also use flip board for news. Can I get all these or something similar on the BB10?
    07-09-16 03:47 AM
30 12