09-25-15 01:17 AM
93 ... 234
tools
    thanks cdnynot - but I figured that one out long ago of course ;-)

no it's to get the , , inserted as a replacement of typing ae, oe, ue - which again is doable by just adding these as replecements, BUT then you have an empty space
    So sumyong had figured out earlier in the thread and showed how to get the empty space away for a coma

btw - when you press long and the bar with the special letter - options opens, you can just tap the letter softly again and the curser will wander to the next letter, so you do not have to touch the screen at all ;-)
    09-13-15 06:54 PM
    I agree, I just don't have the speed I used to have on the four row keyboard. I would get a classic, but prefer the "work wide" format, which is really good, but just can't fall in love with the keyboard.
    09-13-15 08:33 PM
    Many international language keyboard standards specify 4 key rows (not counting the Spacebar row) and/or 12 keys per row. French, German, Czech and Slovak keyboards are examples for Latin-script languages, and I believe there're countless examples for non-Latin-script ones.

So, a physical keyboard should have 5x12 key format, or it would become commercially non-competitive.

BTW, I think combining a physical keyboard with a virtual one is a design mistake. For different look and feel, the combination results in bad acceptance from potential users as well as bad experience from actual users.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 10:43 PM
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion...however, 4 rows would SUCK. The phone would have to be longer or else lose screen real estate. Not good.

Posted via CB10
    Why not move the logo to the chin? Problem solved. Or remove the logo altogether. Then you have room for the extra row in either case.

So what's the issue?

Posted via CB10
    09-14-15 03:12 AM
    Hey Dude,...you can't asked for that here,....folks will think you're nuts! I'd said several times that the next Passport needs to be bigger,..badder,..better,...Classic keyboard, etc. Now folks will think that both of us are nuts.
    09-14-15 11:41 PM
    Mate, I used it for like 3 days. I ain't bad mouthin the Passport it's a flawless phone.
    It's just a personal choice with the 4 row keyboard. It just makes typing a lot easier and faster for me.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think anyone is trying to offend you but what you're feeling is what everyone felt when they initially used the device. Give yourself 3 weeks and you'll get the hang of it.

Sliding down on the keyboard reveals the virtual keyboard that you can quickly get used to in-conjunction with the physical keyboard. I'd been using Passport for 9 months straight and that's the longest I've kept a phone in recent times.

The only thing I wished if the keyboard was moved a little higher as it does tire up your hands. I think the Silver Edition has done some changes but am not sure if it makes a big difference.

Ps: double tap the keyboard and you'll get the cursor. You will master it in a few days. Also look at the thread on Passport keyboard tips.

Posted via CB10 using PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    09-15-15 05:41 AM
    I don't think anyone is trying to offend you but what you're feeling is what everyone felt when they initially used the device. Give yourself 3 weeks and you'll get the hang of it.

Sliding down on the keyboard reveals the virtual keyboard that you can quickly get used to in-conjunction with the physical keyboard. I'd been using Passport for 9 months straight and that's the longest I've kept a phone in recent times.

The only thing I wished if the keyboard was moved a little higher as it does tire up your hands. I think the Silver Edition has done some changes but am not sure if it makes a big difference.

Ps: double tap the keyboard and you'll get the cursor. You will master it in a few days. Also look at the thread on Passport keyboard tips.

I've been using the Passport off-and-on since launch. It's definitely not as fast as the Classic. That'd be impossible given the thumb-throw and vkb. But it is still a comfortable experience, and the swiping and cursor placing is great.

I find that the OG passport is more balanced than the SE version. The reason why is that I use my middle-fingers to support the phone, and the sharp, square edge facilitates that. The curve on the ATT and SE feels more cumbersome to me despite the extra chin which should have improved balance.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-15 06:30 AM
    I've been using the Passport off-and-on since launch. It's definitely not as fast as the Classic. That'd be impossible given the thumb-throw and vkb. But it is still a comfortable experience, and the swiping and cursor placing is great.

I find that the OG passport is more balanced than the SE version. The reason why is that I use my middle-fingers to support the phone, and the sharp, square edge facilitates that. The curve on the ATT and SE feels more cumbersome to me despite the extra chin which should have improved balance.

Posted via CB10
    I think I find typing on Passport very smooth. I was struggling as I didn't fully commit to the device and kept jumping between this and Classic.
    For me, the display on Classic killed it. The readability of Passport was superb even though I loved the trackball. I guess you can't have everything. I tried going back to Classic but then I kept swiping backwards to delete etc. I feel a little stuck now as there's not much choice out there that Passport has spoilt me with.

Thanks for your opinion on Silver Edition. I'm still evaluating it. The thing is I can't hold one to experience it. The reviews have praised the design so far.

09-15-15 07:14 AM
    all

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-15-15 07:24 AM
    Call John chen and talk to him directly

Posted via CB10
    09-15-15 07:25 AM
    Swipe on your keyboard to expose the characters that correspond with physical keys

This will really help achieve what you're looking for (I think)

I want BlackBerry Passport with a 4 row Keyboard-img_20150915_091415.png
    I want BlackBerry Passport with a 4 row Keyboard-img_20150915_091411.png

Posted via CB10
    09-15-15 08:15 AM
    A four row keyboard Passport would be way too 'busy'. It's perfect as it is.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-15 04:30 AM
    The Silver edition passport is longer, I don't see anyone complaining about that phone being too long. Add the 4th row to that case. But make it look like the original phone. Then sell a 3 and 4 row option.

If they can make 3 different versions now, why not add 1 more?

Posted via CB10
    09-24-15 09:42 AM
    The Silver edition passport is longer, I don't see anyone complaining about that phone being too long. Add the 4th row to that case. But make it look like the original phone. Then sell a 3 and 4 row option.

If they can make 3 different versions now, why not add 1 more?

Posted via CB10
    It's longer to make typing easier.
    If they add a fourth useless row it would be even longer by far. No point.
    Get used to it. If you can't, well the phone isn't for you..
    09-24-15 10:07 AM
    I want 5 rows and 12 keys per row, like this:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1036430

With 12 keys per row, we'll have the perfect pitch (thumb travel distance) and also QAZP letters closer to center, so they'll more accessible.

With 5 rows, we'll have a complete computer keyboard, and we can get rid off the virtual keyboard, to make everyone happy. I hope, at least everyone who needs to type non-English text can appreciate this.

Posted via CB10/BB PP SE.
    Last edited by dusanvn; 09-24-15 at 10:40 AM.
    09-24-15 10:20 AM
    It's longer to make typing easier.
    If they add a fourth useless row it would be even longer by far. No point.
    Get used to it. If you can't, well the phone isn't for you..

First, you don't need to add length to the phone, it's long enough. You can add the 4th row without having to change the phone size at all. Like I said in my original post. Second, if having a 4th row is useless, why do all other BlackBerry keyboard phones have it?
    09-24-15 10:49 AM
    The Passport has 3 rows of keys, it is not going to change. Take it or leave it.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-15 09:00 PM
  18. Steve
    I agree. Its my least favouite thing about the Passport. What I would have liked is a premium feel, bigger screen but with the classic, or better still, the 9000 keyboard. I also wish they wojldnt put rows of keys right near the bottom of the device.
    09-25-15 01:17 AM
93 ... 234