Thanks SO much for this tip!

Posted via CB10
    Let me see...

I'm fine, thank you.

Perfect! Thanks you.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    08-01-15 09:18 AM
    Mate, I used it for like 3 days. I ain't bad mouthin the Passport it's a flawless phone.
    It's just a personal choice with the 4 row keyboard. It just makes typing a lot easier and faster for me.

Posted via CB10
    Three days is not enough, you need muscle memory for speed, and you won't get that so fast
    Barbareren likes this.
    08-01-15 04:51 PM
    My only beef with the keyboard is I wish it were possible to use nums on the keys themselves, particularly with the phone app. Yes, I know you can invoke the popup virtual numpad and then "hold" it while you type on keys, but I would like to (a) dial the phone using the physical keys, and (b) type numbers on the physical keyboard without having the screen occupied by the virtual keyboard.

Yes, these are small gripes, but that's all I'm left with on this phone.

Posted via CB10
    SeBEx123 likes this.
    08-01-15 05:06 PM
    Three days is not enough, you need muscle memory for speed, and you won't get that so fast
    You can't accurately muscle memory software keys like numbers and punctuation. The Passport is simply a slower, more awkward typing experience. Nothing that can be done about that without a modifier key.

I can type complex paragraphs while looking another person in the eyes. Almost nobody can do that with a virtual keyboard, and without auto-correct.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-15 07:00 PM
    A fourth row would make the passport 98% perfect. Had mine since February and hate that my typing on it is not as confident as with my ancient 8320. I could type on that thing totally blind and semiconcious. Just give me back my shift key already. Especially because the keyboard backlight never turns on.
    08-01-15 08:21 PM
    A fourth row would make the passport 98% perfect. Had mine since February and hate that my typing on it is not as confident as with my ancient 8320. I could type on that thing totally blind and semiconcious. Just give me back my shift key already. Especially because the keyboard backlight never turns on.
    Holding a key for shift is fine enough, we really just need an alt key. So simple. Just one key and we have a superb keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-15 10:01 PM
    Would easily pay 100-150 euro's more for a fourth row. It's just so illogical at times to trade in screen estate for symbols.
    They tried to fix something that wasn't broken in the first place.
    AhmedT016 and podes2204 like this.
    08-01-15 10:02 PM
    Lol.use swipe down gestures.way easier than holding the extra button.works well for me 99% of the time.

Just take time to get used to it.

Sent via my BlackBerryElite.
    08-02-15 12:46 AM
    First day I got my Passport I got used to the keyboard. My typing speed improved over my q10. To me the keyboard is perfect. Granted, I can understand other people do not share this opinion. I have yet to find anything to complain about about my AT&T Passport.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-15 01:20 AM
    I find the Passport keyboard far superior to the Classic's or the Q's. I think you're nuts.

Old Radio Shows - C0012487D - this channel is shares excellent radio entertainment, available for streaming, from the 30's, 40's and 50's.
    Barbareren likes this.
    08-02-15 01:30 AM
    If you want it with a 4 row keyboard then wait for the porsche design passport, it will probably have 4 rows.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-15 02:50 AM
    Personally I love the BlackBerry Passport in every way possible except the keyboard, I tried using it but just couldn't fall in love it, like I did with the 4 row keyboards.
    If BlackBerry every made a Passport with a 4 row keyboard, I swear I would the first one in line to buy em regardless of the Price
    A 4 row keyboard would have been nice, but I quickly adjusted to the 3 row keyboard. 95% of what I type are letters, so no issue having a few virtual keys appear on screen. In fact, I like the fact that the virtual kb is contextual and changes based on what I'm doing.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-15 09:14 AM
    Lol.use swipe down gestures.way easier than holding the extra button.works well for me 99% of the time.

Just take time to get used to it.

Sent via my BlackBerryElite.
    It's not easier if you are using more than one alternate character (like a string of numbers).

Posted via CB10
    08-02-15 11:15 AM
    A 4 row keyboard would have been nice, but I quickly adjusted to the 3 row keyboard. 95% of what I type are letters, so no issue having a few virtual keys appear on screen. In fact, I like the fact that the virtual kb is contextual and changes based on what I'm doing.

Posted via CB10
    Is it not ugly to have the virtual keyboard pop up and down every time you tap a text box? I can't stand it. The 4-row keyboards offer such a clean UI.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-15 11:16 AM
    Is it not ugly to have the virtual keyboard pop up and down every time you tap a text box? I can't stand it. The 4-row keyboards offer such a clean UI.

Posted via CB10
    I guess coming from a Z10 and a Z30, both with fully virtual keyboards, the 4th row on the Passport doesn't bother me at all. Other than BB's pkb devices, all other tables and phones have virtual kb's.
    08-03-15 07:31 PM
    I guess coming from a Z10 and a Z30, both with fully virtual keyboards, the 4th row on the Passport doesn't bother me at all. Other than BB's pkb devices, all other tables and phones have virtual kb's.
    You should see how the Classic treats text entry. It's kind of beautiful and simple to not have the virtual keyboard pop up for anything beyond sym.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-15 09:07 PM
    We need a Passport without physical keyboard

Posted via CB10
    08-04-15 07:34 AM
    That's right!!! :-)

Posted via CB10
    08-04-15 09:08 AM
    I agree the passport needs the extra row. That's one of the things that motivated me to pickup the classic.

Posted via Classic or maybe the Passport
    08-04-15 09:29 AM
    You should see how the Classic treats text entry. It's kind of beautiful and simple to not have the virtual keyboard pop up for anything beyond sym.

Posted via CB10
    I've seen it, which is why I compared to the Z10 & Z30, both of which only have virtual keyboards. The Passport sits in between the z line and the Q.
    08-04-15 03:07 PM
    I don't mind the Passport being a tad longer to house the fourth row and the keyboard will be easier to swipe on.

08-04-15 03:16 PM
    Hope to get my PP soon and try it out myself!!!! tried it on those display set i must say i am already in love with it haha
    08-04-15 11:54 PM
    I don't mind the Passport being a tad longer to house the fourth row and the keyboard will be easier to swipe on.

Doesn't even need to be longer. Remove the logo from the face of the handset and move the screen up. I'm sure that the parts can fit.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 03:24 PM
    I completely agree, I want to touch my screen as little as possible, especially for typing. That is my only complaint about the passport and it's a big one to me, but I'm keeping it anyway

Posted with my BlackBerry Passport SE.
    podes2204 likes this.
    09-11-15 02:07 AM
    I completely agree, I want to touch my screen as little as possible, especially for typing. That is my only complaint about the passport and it's a big one to me, but I'm keeping it anyway

Posted with my BlackBerry Passport SE.
    Yeah, I'm constantly frustrated by the lack of an alt-key. But it's still a great device.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-15 03:53 AM
93 1234