I believe snapdragon guru was designed by the actual chipvmaker just for their snapdragon multicore processors they also control how many cores are running so keep that in mind
    LG8 likes this.
    06-03-16 12:05 PM
    From your experience, do you like Guru or Fiction Pro better?
    To tell you the truth, I am not a big believer in apps that claim to "optimize" your battery. But I do like to see some of the stats you can get from these apps. I don't really have a preference as they both show the cycle count. Battery Fiction on BBW is easy to get so maybe check it out. I ALWAYS prefer to get a BBW app over an android app, but that's just me. YMMV
    LG8 likes this.
    06-03-16 02:40 PM
    I believe snapdragon guru was designed by the actual chipvmaker just for their snapdragon multicore processors they also control how many cores are running so keep that in mind
    Thanks for the extra info on that. I'll keep that one as an option if I'm not satisfied with the BBW apps.

To tell you the truth, I am not a big believer in apps that claim to "optimize" your battery. But I do like to see some of the stats you can get from these apps. I don't really have a preference as they both show the cycle count. Battery Fiction on BBW is easy to get so maybe check it out. I ALWAYS prefer to get a BBW app over an android app, but that's just me. YMMV
    Yeah, I tend to try BBW first b/c it's the simpler route. I agree, I've been a bit skeptical about 'battery saving' apps, so if both of those apps are able to tell me about my cycles, then that's good enough. I don't really need much else -- I just wanted to make sure that they won't do anything 'weird' to my phone, to cause more problems.
    brookie229 likes this.
    06-03-16 06:17 PM
    In a nutshell, if you let a lithium ion battery go to zero, you will damage some cells in the battery. so to keep it simple if you had 100 cells, you may now only have 95. Each time you do this you will have less cells that are able to hold a charge thus shortening the lifespan of said battery and length of charge as well. also heat is another big killer of cells, leaving it sit in a hot car will also cause damage. The passport really is very easy to work on, so changing out a battery really isn't that difficult if you have as mentioned, patience and proper tools.
    06-03-16 06:27 PM
    Can you refer me to the research on that? Sounds interesting!
    This is a decent source: http://batteryuniversity.com/

While it is true letting lithium batteries go to zero is a very bad thing, in reality it is not something you should need to worry about. With the bigger batteries like in laptops, there is more than just battery cells. There will be some circuits to prevent the cells from draining completely. It should be similar with smartphones, the system should not let you drop down to levels which damage the cell. When it reports 0% it is not really zero from the battery cell point of view.
    06-03-16 06:42 PM
    In a nutshell, if you let a lithium ion battery go to zero, you will damage some cells in the battery. so to keep it simple if you had 100 cells, you may now only have 95. Each time you do this you will have less cells that are able to hold a charge thus shortening the lifespan of said battery and length of charge as well. also heat is another big killer of cells, leaving it sit in a hot car will also cause damage. The passport really is very easy to work on, so changing out a battery really isn't that difficult if you have as mentioned, patience and proper tools.
    Kinda like drinking booze kills brain cells huh.
    06-03-16 08:20 PM
    Lol! When did you buy your Passport? I bought mine on Oct 20, 2014. My battery seems as good now as when I first bought it.
    Got mine the morning it was released by Telus, which was Sept 24, 2014 if I recall correctly.

Passport / SQW 100-1 / 10.3.2.2813
    brookie229 likes this.
    06-03-16 10:08 PM
    I'd like to try Battery Guru to keep note of my cycles, but there are a few apps on Google Play with that name. Which 'Battery Guru' did you install?
    Mine is the BBW version. I don't remember installing it though or ever really using it till yesterday.

FWIW it indicates my battery health is 88% versus 90-95% for a new battery. By that metric it would seem like my battery still has some legs.

Passport / SQW 100-1 / 10.3.2.2813
    LG8 likes this.
    06-03-16 10:18 PM
    I use Battery Fiction pro.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-16 06:09 AM
    This morning I downloaded the free Qualcomm Snapdragon Battery Guru which is designed by Qualcomm who makes the multicore processor inside Passport. I have latest BlackBerry OS plus the two files to fix uninstall problem plus Cobalt basic APK's. Well I downloaded free guru from the Google play store and it is working, no warnIngs about android google services nor any warnings and it has started its learning phase. Qualcomm Guru also actually controls how many of the four processor cores run to minimize battery drain from running more cores than needed as well as looking at other areas to minimize drain. I use it on a nexus four and it was required or as all androids battery drain is obnoxious!

http://droidhorizon.com/snapdragon-batteryguru-review/

https://www.qualcomm.com/news/snapdragon/2013/10/28/announcing-snapdragon-batteryguru-20
    LG8 likes this.
    06-04-16 07:40 AM
    This morning I downloaded the free Qualcomm Snapdragon Battery Guru which is designed by Qualcomm who makes the multicore processor inside Passport. I have latest BlackBerry OS plus the two files to fix uninstall problem plus Cobalt basic APK's. Well I downloaded free guru from the Google play store and it is working, no warnIngs about android google services nor any warnings and it has started its learning phase. Qualcomm Guru also actually controls how many of the four processor cores run to minimize battery drain from running more cores than needed as well as looking at other areas to minimize drain. I use it on a nexus four and it was required or as all androids battery drain is obnoxious!

http://droidhorizon.com/snapdragon-batteryguru-review/

https://www.qualcomm.com/news/snapdr...batteryguru-20
    How is the Experience with the Snapdragon Guru? The lerne Prozess is for sure already over. Are you ready getting more Battery out of it?

 P A S S P O R T [ S E ]  | CB App |
    06-06-16 11:31 PM
    How is the Experience with the Snapdragon Guru? The lerne Prozess is for sure already over. Are you ready getting more Battery out of it?

It still says its in learning mode, but I assume that it will always be looking at my activities and adjusting as needed, since this is an Android App. I was concerned that it wouldn't work at all. But it started right up and there haven't been any error messages at all. I have Cobalt installed so I assume that is why it works. When I open it up it gives a summary of my activities so it seems to be doing what it needs to do. I do understand that it is basically an App manager and the more Apps one has the more benefits you'll probably see. in addition to making sure only the quantity of processor chip cores are running, since this app comes from the chip maker I assume its a better battery helper then just reducing apps running in background when not needed. So to answer your question, I cant tell yet and that may be due to the enormous battery life of the Passport. I found this app when I ran a Nexus four and it did indeed show itself to be very helpful. Everyone keep in mind this app is design only for Snap Dragon processor chips! Also since Priv runs snapdragon I would recommend that this app be the first app installed on Priv!
    06-07-16 07:47 AM
    It still says its in learning mode, but I assume that it will always be looking at my activities and adjusting as needed, since this is an Android App. I was concerned that it wouldn't work at all. But it started right up and there haven't been any error messages at all. I have Cobalt installed so I assume that is why it works. When I open it up it gives a summary of my activities so it seems to be doing what it needs to do. I do understand that it is basically an App manager and the more Apps one has the more benefits you'll probably see. in addition to making sure only the quantity of processor chip cores are running, since this app comes from the chip maker I assume its a better battery helper then just reducing apps running in background when not needed. So to answer your question, I cant tell yet and that may be due to the enormous battery life of the Passport. I found this app when I ran a Nexus four and it did indeed show itself to be very helpful. Everyone keep in mind this app is design only for Snap Dragon processor chips! Also since Priv runs snapdragon I would recommend that this app be the first app installed on Priv!
    Please keep us posted about the Result of your Battery Performs, I would also do it, if there is possible outcome.

I tried the Snapdragon Guru App before on my other Android Devices and it only worked minimal, almost not noticeable. And yes there was also a snapdragon chip.

It would be great to get more Juice out of my BlackBerry Passport SE, let's hope it worked, just to scared it might not be because it's Android.

06-08-16 10:17 AM
38 12