I'm an exhibitor at the Canadian Police Chiefs conference, and BlackBerry is here with passports!

Sweet Jesus, Joseph and Mary and all of the saints.

I think they thought I was a little tooo excited, but I have to say: this phone will blow the market. Everyone will be surprised at how fluid 10.3 is.

Short Stories and Similar Submissions, a Channel dedicated to creative writing and constructive critique C003CC54C. Daily Old Radio Shows! The only Channel that actually offers you a source for entertainment. C0012487D
    08-25-14 01:34 PM
    So you like the Passport and 10.3 then? I couldn't be sure from your post. Haha. Glad you got to see it! I can't wait.

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    08-25-14 01:58 PM
    I like 10.3 on my Z10....

What version of 10.3 did the Passport you got to see have? Could you use it one handed?
    08-25-14 02:00 PM
    The day this thing was announced I opened a thread about how important it was for BlackBerry to have these things at stores for people to play with. Based on all these threads, it's clear that indeed the Passport is much more striking 'in person' than in pictures. I really hope they have what it takes to let people try these somehow.
    08-25-14 02:01 PM
    Having used BB10 since launch, I was surprised at how surprised I was by its "completeness" feel. Up to now BB10 has felt a lot like a very good Beta, work in progress. But this feels whole.

Short Stories and Similar Submissions, a Channel dedicated to creative writing and constructive critique C003CC54C. Daily Old Radio Shows! The only Channel that actually offers you a source for entertainment. C0012487D
    08-25-14 02:11 PM
    I went back to their booth hahaha. Like a puppy.

More juice. BBM Video cross platform is running internal with iOS and Android. But they are still working on Windows, aiming for an all-platforms release in November.

08-25-14 02:26 PM
    We need more information SARGENT! MORE INFORMATION! LOL
    08-25-14 02:31 PM
    More information (full) and pictures if it's possible

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 02:33 PM
    This is the only kind of picture I could get. Seeing as the conference is for the police chiefs of Canada, security is tight and no photography was requested by the conference. So, here's a picture showing no faces, and no products, but you can see there is a BlackBerry booth! So, I ain't making this up.

Strange though, the guy I talked to the first time cited late Sept for the Passport, but the second guy when I went back to ask about BBM Video cited late October for it to actually hot shelves in stores...

I too got to play with a passport!-img_20140825_123620_edit.jpg

Acumenight likes this.
    08-25-14 02:41 PM
    More information (full) and pictures if it's possible

Posted via CB10
    I dunno what you mean by "full" information?

08-25-14 02:42 PM
    I dunno what you mean by "full" information?

You share pictures that's great to see no worries when I mean full information I mean all you know but thanks for sharing and I think the second person who said late October have right because in September is just the launch

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 03:16 PM
    The BBM video info is pretty huge. I really hope they get it working sooner rather than later.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 03:19 PM
    The BBM video info is pretty huge. I really hope they get it working sooner rather than later.

Posted via CB10
    I've been waiting for BBM Video for soooo long it seems. So, I had to have that question answered.

What was really encouraging was the language used when talking about the launch. He kept saying things like "presenting a unified front" when talking about launching with windows phone compatability, the previously "bungled" launches, and making sure they have their "ducks in a row" for all future product launches be it software or hardware.

You can tell Chen is more in control than Thor was. And I am not confident we won't have any more sloppy launches.

Naeg1995 likes this.
    08-25-14 03:29 PM
    Thanks for the post. (Just talked to you in Channels) It's great to hear about BBM video for all. I actually think the first guy you talked to is right about the late September availability for the Passport in stores though. I've been hearing that for awhile now.

"BB POWERED" C001C1D66
    08-25-14 09:15 PM
    I'm an exhibitor at the Canadian Police Chiefs conference, and BlackBerry is here with passports!

Sweet Jesus, Joseph and Mary and all of the saints.

I think they thought I was a little tooo excited, but I have to say: this phone will blow the market. Everyone will be surprised at how fluid 10.3 is.

How would you describe the responses of others (at the conference) to the Passport? Just curious?
    I'm glad that encounter made your day.
    08-25-14 09:38 PM
    Bbm video? Isn't that what I have been using for almost a year now?

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.1052
    08-25-14 09:55 PM
    Bbm video? Isn't that what I have been using for almost a year now?

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.1052
    Yeah. But iOS, Android, and WP BBM users haven't.

08-25-14 10:06 PM
    How would you describe the responses of others (at the conference) to the Passport? Just curious?
    I'm glad that encounter made your day.
    Unsurprisingly, most everyone at the conference was a police officer of some capacity and thus a vast majority were in fact BlackBerry users. However, I didn't see a lot of BB10 around; almost all BBOS. And I asked a few why, and the general idea was their corporate plan providers didn't offer BB10 upgrades. I was blown away. I dunno why the enterprise management teams aren't adopting BB10.

I didn't get a chance to ask anyone about their reaction to the Passport. Perhaps I'll do that tomorrow. However, I noted that the BlackBerry booth was one of the busiest there; almost always 4 or 5 people hovering around. Enough that I felt odd intruding, seeing as I was an exhibitor rather than a conference attendee. So, they're creating buzz!

JL Sweeney likes this.
    08-25-14 10:10 PM
    I like 10.3 on my Z10....

What version of 10.3 did the Passport you got to see have? Could you use it one handed?
    Me too
    08-25-14 10:15 PM
    More juice!

I talked to the manager guy, can't say his name, and he wouldn't let me take a picture with the Passport because, while the model I had previously handled was working. It was specifically missing some working features that he said hadn't been officially announced to the public. I suspected he meant blend, but not sure. Either way, he'd only let me handle, and not photograph, the "crippled" model.

Besides that, and what I really wanted to say, was he cited Sept 24th launch. And when he said that, I balked and replied, "well, a 24th announcement; I wouldn't be in stores that day." He paused awkwardly, and kinda grinned, and replied "I wouldn't expect more than a weeks delay, and I know Telus is right ready to go." (I work for Telus, which is why he might have cited that company rather than another).

:O

08-26-14 03:39 PM
    Unsurprisingly, most everyone at the conference was a police officer of some capacity and thus a vast majority were in fact BlackBerry users. However, I didn't see a lot of BB10 around; almost all BBOS. And I asked a few why, and the general idea was their corporate plan providers didn't offer BB10 upgrades. I was blown away. I dunno why the enterprise management teams aren't adopting BB10.

I didn't get a chance to ask anyone about their reaction to the Passport. Perhaps I'll do that tomorrow. However, I noted that the BlackBerry booth was one of the busiest there; almost always 4 or 5 people hovering around. Enough that I felt odd intruding, seeing as I was an exhibitor rather than a conference attendee. So, they're creating buzz!

Johnson & Johnson Blackberry support team stated the reason why is the company didn't upgrade their BES servers due to the recent past instability of Blackberry and whether they were going to be around still. That was only what one technician stated was circulated around the department, but who knows the totality of it.
    08-26-14 10:30 PM
    Bam!

My source was right.

tp2386, Kwms and robitaille93 like this.
    09-02-14 11:29 AM