OP is from the future and brought back bad news with him.
    08-28-14 08:14 PM
    This is the BlackBerry of today that we're talking about.

Launched in September means that on October 1 we'll hear some kind of excuse for why the new ECD is "sometime in the Fall".

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 08:22 PM
    Is this thread for real? It's trending! If I were sick of iPhone and Android and looking to see if BlackBerry had a decent mobile device and what people though of it, I would have clicked on this thread and left. One more customer gone, less market share, less exposure for these great devices BlackBerry is building. Blaze had it right. Launch and release are two different things. Less of the I want it now and more of the excitement with each reveal would be more helpful to this smartphone company.
    08-28-14 08:40 PM
    Late? All we have seen is internal docs that refer to a roadmap for release. No official date has been released so it isn't late yet. Narcissism is rampant! Me, me, me... Children!

Z30 Rocks!
    08-28-14 09:02 PM
    What's with the pre-emptive complaining?

BlackBerry is saying September, Chen is a no-bull kinda guy, so it'll come in September.

Here in my part of the world it's August 29th in 2 minutes. Still a couple days to go in August, then another 30 for September! There's time!
    08-28-14 10:59 PM
    Attachment 294200

That is all, AT&T

Posted via CB10
    Lol!

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 11:05 PM
    I have all faith this launch will be different. We are not talking about the old crew here. Until Sept 12th or 15th rolls around, I'll keep popping my chill pills and relax. Give Chen a chance. He has not made any missteps thus far. I have a feeling he is hard at work smoothing over career relations as we speak.

"BB POWERED" C001C1D66
    08-28-14 11:20 PM
    If JC have said September, it will come in September.

Posted from my Black Beast Q10
    Heinz Katchup likes this.
    08-29-14 01:41 AM
    So when is the next hobbit coming out?

Posted via CB10
    November of this year.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 01:49 AM
    Hobbit is out in December. The same time as the Passport. lol
    08-29-14 07:33 AM
    If they unveil/launch this thing in September and it doesn't come out till late october or even november in the US BBRY will have f**ked up in the US market once again. That would be very disappointing and stupid and I was hoping Chen was going to know better than that.

Selfishly I'll just be furious if I can't have my damn passport as soon as humanly possible but the bigger problem is they'll never convert anyone here back to the keyboard again with that kind of launch. Ever.
    Yeah, don't expect to be available in September, maybe, just maybe in late October. Most likely not before November. It's the BlackBerry track record we're talking about here. They were unable to bring a device to market on time since, what, 2006?

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 10:57 AM
    'Launched' and 'released' are two very different things to BlackBerry. In either case, it's still not September lol.
    Well, that depends where you reside. BB10 and BlackBerry Z10 launched on January 31st 2013. In my sweaty little mits on 1st February. Are you listening BlackBerry? That's the way I roll baby. Don?t mess with my karma, get me that passport no later than 24hrs after launch or I swear to God I shall board a plane to Canada and swagger into your lobby brandishing the flaming sword of Righteousness flanked by the screaming hoard of Hell on one side and the Eternal Choir on the other and demand reparation!

That said, it really sounds like a super device guys.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.3247 O2 UK
    austriker likes this.
    08-29-14 11:43 AM
    ... I will be purchasing unlock devices from now on especially after reading today at another site how US carries are racking in the cash selling and renting(payment plans) smart phones. .
    Link? (I don't doubt you, I just want to share the article with a couple family members. )
    08-29-14 02:04 PM
    Hobbit is out in December. The same time as the Passport. lol
    Actually Tracey S1 is correct. December 17 is the scheduled release date.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 02:09 PM
    it seems like Blackberry Guys enjoy keeping their customers without true information..only rumors, and rumors. no more and no less.

maybe passport is just a joke
    08-29-14 02:27 PM
    I plan on them launching it on September 30, and not being able to buy it directly through BlackBerry until December or some other awful longtime.

The Z30 launched last September and only in March did BlackBerry offer it directly.

I hate that this is how it is for BlackBerry. And I hate that they don't allow T-Mobile to carry their phones anymore.
    austriker likes this.
    08-29-14 02:34 PM
    Well I just got this by email....so I would assume it'll be coming sooner than we think!!

I thought the passport was intended for a September launch?-capture.png
    08-29-14 02:35 PM
    I plan on them launching it on September 30, and not being able to buy it directly through BlackBerry until December or some other awful longtime.

The Z30 launched last September and only in March did BlackBerry offer it directly.

I hate that this is how it is for BlackBerry. And I hate that they don't allow T-Mobile to carry their phones anymore.
    I think that is the other way around.
    08-30-14 08:04 AM
    This is exciting. Tell me, from past experience, how long before release would such emails go out? Say, training next week and release the week after?

Well I just got this by email....so I would assume it'll be coming sooner than we think!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	678 
Size:	65.7 KB 
ID:	294422
    09-01-14 04:33 PM
    ThChen doesn't care if phones are sold. Be only cares about enterprise. Whatever that means.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.1052 /T-Mobile USA
    Complete nonsense! Why do some of you who should know better site the focus on enterprise and then assume a stupid and incompetent complete disregard to the consumer market by BB management? Its insulting to people who actually run business.
    Spawn12 likes this.
    09-01-14 04:43 PM
    09-02-14 10:12 AM

I thought the passport was intended for a September launch?-img_20140902_191858.png

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    rambo47 likes this.
    09-02-14 12:19 PM
    So far away, I was counting on being able to get my hands on a copy this month. Unfortunately my Q10 is on its last legs and is giving me way too many double-types. Can I hold out...

Posted via CB10
    austriker likes this.
    09-02-14 01:17 PM
    So far away, I was counting on being able to get my hands on a copy this month. Unfortunately my Q10 is on its last legs and is giving me way too many double-types. Can I hold out...

Posted via CB10
    Don't forget that you almost certainly won't be able to get the Passport right after launch. Expect 2nd half of October for availability. Based on some information floating around the availability will initially be only EMEA region, with NA to follow in November.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-14 10:00 AM
    Don't forget that you almost certainly won't be able to get the Passport right after launch. Expect 2nd half of October for availability. Based on some information floating around the availability will initially be only EMEA region, with NA to follow in November.

Posted via CB10
    November for NA? Say it can't be so. I basically hate BlackBerry for 3-8 months before a handset release. They have no idea how to do this stuff right.

Posted via CB10
    austriker likes this.
    09-03-14 11:47 PM
51 123