It is too square for me.
    06-04-14 03:46 PM
    Why so much hate for Quasimodo 30.

You will be eating your words when this monster hits the market.
    The Big Picture and ladeberry like this.
    06-04-14 04:39 PM
    Since when does it matter what a cell phone looks like.??? That is so stereotypical of the iPhone crowd. I expected a more rational, less superficial response from Crackberria,.

It's not an accessory for a Milan runway model. It's a fricken phone. That's it. Being seen with one will not raise nor lower your status with anybody important in your life.

Blackberry has to differentiate itself because it's conventional looking phones are not selling no matter how functional they are.

Personally I like it....I like it a lot... Go Blackberry and release this phone. It may not sell that well, but it is memorable, unlike anything else on the rectangular glass market. Just keep the price down.
    Bbnivende and neoberry99 like this.
    06-04-14 05:09 PM
    Ugly. Giant square brick in your pocket, if it can even fit in there. Ugh. I hate it so much.
    It's no wider than the z30 and it's shorter.

The GIF Exchange C001B7B16?
    Z30Commission likes this.
    06-04-14 05:12 PM

It would be great if it that were true.

Signature - Google wants your info. What are you gonna do about it?
    06-04-14 05:27 PM
    This is actually the first phone that may tempt me away from my Z10.

I like the looks of it, and I'm very intrigued by the idea of the keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 05:56 PM

Yes it will be wider than the Z30. The Q30 is reputed to be 88 mm wide vs the Z30's 72 mm.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 06-04-14 at 06:43 PM.
    06-04-14 05:58 PM
    Since when does it matter what a cell phone looks like.??? That is so stereotypical of the iPhone crowd. I expected a more rational, less superficial response from Crackberria,.

It's not an accessory for a Milan runway model. It's a fricken phone. That's it. Being seen with one will not raise nor lower your status with anybody important in your life.

Blackberry has to differentiate itself because it's conventional looking phones are not selling no matter how functional they are.

Personally I like it....I like it a lot... Go Blackberry and release this phone. It may not sell that well, but it is memorable, unlike anything else on the rectangular glass market. Just keep the price down.
    Memories help a company make a profit? It HAS to sell or Blackberry is in trouble..
    06-04-14 06:27 PM
    I do wonder about BlackBerry's product research though. Did the focus groups approve of a 3.1 inch screen? Poor battery on the Z10 and less than stellar screen of the Z30 ? I trust that this form factor has met the approval of real life users and not just smartphone fans. I hope this phone is something special.
    06-04-14 07:17 PM

You seem to forget that a significantly large majority of iPhone users were once BlackBerry users. I am surprised that people seem to think that there is a clear distinction in the type of consumer that use devices. Like BlackBerry users should be less superficial than iPhone users. Really? Understand that because you don't care about the look of a device does not mean that every other current BlackBerry / CrackBerry user should feel the same way.

Since when does it matter what a cell phone looks like.???
    It always has. If that was not the case don't you think phone manufacturers like BlackBerry would not spend any money on design and just keep recycling the same model but with better specs? Layout, looks and the general design of a phone matters.

Go Blackberry and release this phone. It may not sell that well, but it is memorable, unlike anything else on the rectangular glass market.
    That is such a funny statement. You think that it is wise for a struggling company to release a phone that may not sell well because it is "memorable"? Palm OS was memorable but its not here today. That logic is very flawed.

I think the Windermere is intended for industry and I do hope it will be successful in industry. I will definitely give it a go when it comes out and if it suits me, I will upgrade early.
    06-04-14 09:51 PM
    im in the ugly crowd for this one. Not near as sexy as a 9900
    Well to be fair, very few devices are as sexy as the 9900, just sayin :P
    06-04-14 09:54 PM
    Well if Iphone is the standard in this forum for a good looking device then...
    06-04-14 10:35 PM
    I hope whatever finish they ad to the phone would make it more.... likeable and premium.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 10:39 PM
    I think you need your eyes checked

Posted via CB10
    cwalt2166 likes this.
    06-04-14 10:51 PM
    heard the same thing said about the Q10 in the early days.....I am not surprised by all the bellyaching and such
    06-04-14 11:04 PM
    I need one more tile for my bathroom. This will fit right in.
    06-04-14 11:15 PM
    You seem to forget that a significantly large majority of iPhone users were once BlackBerry users. I am surprised that people seem to think that there is a clear distinction in the type of consumer that use devices. Like BlackBerry users should be less superficial than iPhone users. Really? Understand that because you don't care about the look of a device does not mean that every other current BlackBerry / CrackBerry user should feel the same way.

It always has. If that was not the case don't you think phone manufacturers like BlackBerry would not spend any money on design and just keep recycling the same model but with better specs? Layout, looks and the general design of a phone matters.

That is such a funny statement. You think that it is wise for a struggling company to release a phone that may not sell well because it is "memorable"? Palm OS was memorable but its not here today. That logic is very flawed.

I think the Windermere is intended for industry and I do hope it will be successful in industry. I will definitely give it a go when it comes out and if it suits me, I will upgrade early.
    The Palm couldn't have been that memorable cuz I don't remember it.

I'm not saying that it is wise for a struggling company to intentionally put something out that won't sell, but I am also not immediately dismissing the Q30. I like the way it looks in a distinctive rugged way and a 3450mah battery sounds good to me.

A few decades ago, the motorcycle division of BMW was struggling similar to BB is today. The took a risk and produced an odd looking semi dirt bike with their boxer engine. The critics came out of the woodwork. Too heavy.... Too weird looking.... blah blah blah..... nobody will buy it....blah blah blah....well it immediately became their best seller and revived their motorcycle division to the greatness they are today. S1000R anybody?? (yep it's a beast.....methinks this Q30 will have some beastly qualities as well).

BB just can't produce another 'me too' glass phone. I think the Z30 is still the best phone available, given it's cost in relation to the other flagships. Its not selling like it should. Sometimes the world makes no sense. They could produce a Z50 touch screen with quad core blah blah blah..... but I don't think it would sell in great numbers (other than us Crackberrians of course) because right now the majority of the market flocks (baaahhhd pun intended) to Samsung or Apple.

Give BB some credit for trying to stand out from the crowd. I know the final product will look more polished than these prototypes.
    The Big Picture likes this.
    06-04-14 11:16 PM
    Hopefully BlackBerry is playing us this time. I will buy the device but... damn it's ugly.

From my lovely Z30
    06-04-14 11:17 PM
    Hopefully BlackBerry is playing us this time. I will buy the device but... damn it's ugly.

From my lovely Z30
    I guess this proves ugly is in the eye of the beholder
    06-04-14 11:26 PM
    Not feeling this design, would rather the classic

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 11:26 PM
    I've learned not to feel underwhelmed with obvious non-production device hardware leaks, similar to the case of the Z10. This thing will look awesome when it's put in production.
    kojita likes this.
    06-05-14 12:34 AM
    I've learned not to feel underwhelmed with obvious non-production device hardware leaks, similar to the case of the Z10. This thing will look awesome when it's put in production.
    My point exactly, people should not overreact here. It. Will. Look. Awesome.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 01:10 AM
    That phone hit every branch on the way falling down the Ugly Tree. Sorry.
    06-05-14 01:35 AM
    Yes is not a good looking BlackBerry. If they are going to make another device with keyboard they should focus how to improve the current one, Q10. BlackBerry should learn from experience not to experiment with new designs.

Make Q10 more stylish, unibody device and dont change the size, its good as it is right now.

Q10
    06-05-14 01:54 AM
    Ugly is the word.

Posted via CB10
    Do you know what the word is?
    06-05-14 02:05 AM
238 ... 45678 ...