Now what will you use, when those inevitable spontaneous office ping-pong games break out?
    LOL!!! Good one, haven't had quite a laugh in ages...!

Ten BlackBerrys and counting....
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    11-29-14 11:35 PM
    I can see where the OP is coming from. I still have the odd occasion where the Passport gets in the way. However the Passport really isn't that big compared to some other phablets out there. I also cary a Zed30 and a Passport. Love having 9.5 inches of screen real estate on me. Drives all my friends nuts haha but I don't mind.... until I forget one.

Oh I use an old 2gb ipod nano for the gym. Only apple product I have and serves it's purpose well.
    Posted via CB10
    xBURK likes this.
    11-29-14 11:39 PM
    Unless I missed it, I didn't see anyone mention anything about an iPhone. Only Q10's, Z10's, Z30's, and the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    Lol! Typical fanboy rant Geok made. Here at CB, they're always mad at iPhones.

Posted from an ME173X
    Berry_Pink likes this.
    11-29-14 11:44 PM
    Thanks for the info on the FlipBelt! Definitely will look into that. The around the neck passport holder on the other hand...

It is a big phone. However, it still goes with me to the gym. I'm big into circuit training (i.e. Power cleans, pull-ups, run a lap, situps, one after the other, etc..) and I have no issues with it. BUT, that's because I've invested in a FlipBelt. It goes around your waist like a belt and has slide-in pockets. The phone fits tight so it doesn't fall out or shift about. Connect the bt headphones and away I go. It works great, but I have no idea what you would use other than a FlipBelt.

As far as everyday use outside of the gym, if it's not in my pocket (and yes, somewhat uncomfortable there) it's in my passport holder. I bought an actual around-the-neck travel passport holder. It might look stupid, but, I'm not one to give a turd what other folks think.... which also contributes to why I have the Passport. LOL But, what's great about it is that it zips up (rain safety) and gestures still respond very well through the clear plastic front. Ta'da!

That being said, I still get your concerns. It's a great phone, but it's size and shape can be a burden.
    11-29-14 11:53 PM
    O.P, this all makes sense. You gave it a good honest try and if you can't get by your issues, it's best to do whatever it takes. Myself, I have the Passport coming from the Z30. I actually find the Passport easier to transport, but I don't wear tight pants often and I'm not running on a treadmill. I'm not here to convince you any different but rather wanted to run something by. Before you make the final call on this, you may want to spend a few minutes with the Z30. I was playing around with my old one the other day and was shocked at how foreign the shape seemed. Even more noticeable was my wife's Z10. Honestly, it was odd and almost laughable. Another last ditch solution may be a holster? That would at least cover your traveling issue. Anyway, good luck with whatever you do. Hope it all works out.

'BB POWERED' C001C1D66
    Last edited by xBURK; 11-30-14 at 05:35 AM.
    11-30-14 12:55 AM
    I think I'm done with it. I really do like the device but for me the thing is just to huge for daily use. Its a great phone but for every day use I just can't make it work anymore. I need something smaller for it to be practical. I'm a business professional and for work its great, it fits into my suit jacket pocket very nice and there are no issues. But outside of work I find myself wanting something smaller. I'm very active and it is difficult doing certain things with it and I really don't want to carry two devices or have another device because I have to because this one is too big. Forget about going to the gym with this thing. Its impossible to work out with this phone without it either falling out of your pocket or weighing your pocket down and there is no way to do any type of cardio exercise with it or put it into any type of arm band for running. Forget about putting it into your jeans and not knowing its there every time you sit down (and no I don't wear skinny jeans). I'm a tall guy and at 6'6 215lbs I thought this phone would make sense for me as I have large hands and like a larger screen (like on the Z30 and even the size of the Z10 screen). Last night my wife and I went to a concert and the entire time I can feel the Passport in my pants pocket and it was beyond annoying. I really don't want my phone to let me know its there at every waking moment and if I put it into my pocket I'd like for it to be felt vibrating but not feel it bulging out every time I sit down. I also typically put my phone into an outside coat breast pocket and the winter coat I have the Passport was too wide for it to fit into. I knew the size of it going in and I thought I could get past it but I just don't think it will work for me.

I know I'll get flamed for this but I do want to say that I think the Passport is a great device and that there is a definite audience for it, unfortunately I am not in that crowd. I'm going to go back to my Z30 for now and I think I'll give the Classic a shot when it comes out as I did enjoy having a keyboard again and the form factor looks nice. I love the form factor of the Z10 but I the battery life is just too poor for me to consider using one again. I wish BB would release an American version of the Z3 as it looks like it would be just about the perfect size and weight and who knows, maybe they will. Just wanted to share some of my experiences with the phone. I've picked up some great tips in this forum and wish you all well with your Passports.
    Q10!?

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 02:24 AM
    I also don't think you should get flamed by anyone. There is always a difference between knowing the dimensions by numbers and actually use the Passport in daily action. I also completely agree with the problems the size leads to: There are some uncomfortable situations were a traditional sized or shaped phone is simply more convenient. In the end it is up to every individual to decide whether the size works for him/her or not. Personally I can make my way around it and got used to it. Although I really have to admit there are times I wish my Q10 back. It fits into every pocket, can securely be hold in the hand and is more comfortable for phone calls. Let alone one-handed use.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 02:53 AM
    Good job OP. Do not force the issue; you tried and that's that. You should never own a device that is inconvenient for you. As someone who travels on transit on busy hours where a seat is not likely guaranteed and only 1 hand is available while standing up holding on to rails, I felt very handicapped by the Passport's size.
    Taigatrommel likes this.
    11-30-14 04:02 AM
    I'm addicted to 2 things: tight jeans and my BlackBerry passport! And, seriously, these two go together very well!

Just got my passport last week. It's late I know, but I thought it would be way to big and I wanted to wait for the classic but just couldn't arrange with the low specs, so I went for a passport!

No regrets so far, I've been using my Z10 with both hands all the time, so the passport is perfect for me! Crystal clear display, fast processor and a magnificent battery!

No way I'm gonna drop this thing for the classic or any other smartphone!

Posted on CB 10 and typed on the best Keyboard ever
    Andy_bb_king and Pdinos3 like this.
    11-30-14 06:53 AM
    Since iPhone 6/6+ was brought up...anyone having an issue with the Passport's size will have the same issue with the iPhone (and Notes) as well. Size is definitely the biggest detractor for these types of 'phablets' but judging by the popularity, I'd say there's a good amount of people who love it. I, for one, am one of them...but to ignore the fact that they are big and won't be the Honda Civics of handheld devices is unrealistic.
    11-30-14 06:56 AM
    About the gym things mentioned here.....And like what? The iPhone 6 or 6+ is gonna feel smaller on your upper arm in a plastic case with a wide elastic? Really?
    Either one of those is still big. The passports wide form factor however doesn't have an armband to support it. When you get a 'pump' ( when blood rushes into your muscle) your muscles swell and wearing an armband can be uncomfortable. My armband doesn't fit anymore when this happens. This is why I don't bring any devices with me anymore. I end up worrying about them falling out of my pocket or having weight dropped on top of them. It's just a distraction. There are people out there that don't take the gym as seriously as I do and I understand that but you have my reasoning.

Hey the iphone 4/4s is the perfect form factor for an armband imho.

Posted via my Classic Passport
    SmileDahling likes this.
    11-30-14 07:05 AM
    I don't think there's any place you could put this device and forget about it, lol. But yeah, it feels really strange in the jeans pocket, so for me it's either in the shirt pocket or in my hands. While I am the gym, I simply keep it on the closest bench or the windowsill. Bluetooth earphones for the music, and all's good to go. But since OP's use case differs, and understandably, I don't know if even Z30 suits for the use case here. Maybe a Z10 or an iPhone5/5s.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 07:32 AM
    trade ya my z10 for it and some canadian beer.
    11-30-14 08:18 AM
    Take mine to the gym religiously. Stays in my jacket under lock and key in the changing room. Seriously don't want to be disturbed while I'm working out.
    same here. I dont take my Z10 or my work phone into the gym with me. I dont listen to music while at the gym either. that hour, 4-5 times a week at the gym is quiet time for me! Just ordered the Passport. so, not a problem there. but i am concerned about it fitting in a pocket, especially in the summer.
    11-30-14 08:27 AM
    same here. I dont take my Z10 or my work phone into the gym with me. I dont listen to music while at the gym either. that hour, 4-5 times a week at the gym is quiet time for me! Just ordered the Passport. so, not a problem there. but i am concerned about it fitting in a pocket, especially in the summer.
    What gym are you guys going to where it's quiet? Between people talking and weights clanging listening to music is a necessity for me. It also keeps people from talking to me which is what I don't want to do when I'm in the gym. I guess the gym I go to is a little different than what you guys go to.
    11-30-14 08:53 AM
    As noted, having a family means I need to be connected.

Then, I use a bunch of health tools that have a mobile component.

My device is generally a part of the process.
    11-30-14 09:03 AM
    I feel your pain, I have the passport and echo almost all of your thoughts. I have a z10, and you're right battery life is poor. I purchased an extended battery which makes the phone about twice as thick but it feels fine in your hands or pocket. On an unrelated note, I have updated my passport to 10.3.980 and all android apps won't work, I am also unable to use the BlackBerry Link to return to factory settings...tells me an error occurred...can anyone help me? Please??

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 09:51 AM
    Hope you find a workable device, OP.

I've looked at the Passport at a couple of stores and it's very cool and BIG. I'd love the big screen, the keyboard, and the overall functionality, but the size would get in the way.

After looking at a number of side-by-side pics of the classic-Q10-Bold online, I've decided that the classic is too big for me as well, and I'm going to try out a Q10 as a replacement for my 9900. While the Q10 lacks the touchpad and function buttons (which I use all the time), I'd rather adapt to the absence of those buttons than put up with a substantially larger form factor. The Q10 ticks all my other boxes as well: physical keyboard, removable battery, and SD card storage for music ... and I can continue to be a holster-nerd.
    11-30-14 10:18 AM
    The PP is not for everyone. I have used mine for 2 weeks and it feels normal in my hand. The only thing I use my PP for is what it was made for. For instance, I don't store music on my PP. I don't watch movies on it and don't play games. Strictly communication.... so if you use it like how I use my PP. You will love it more

Posted via CB10
    Can you buy and sell securities with it ? I had troubles with numeric entry, even on websites. (Q10)

How do you track workouts?
    My grandma never tracked her workouts, she was 98. Not everyone does, or cares.
    11-30-14 10:32 AM
    I am enjoying this conversation about the phone and am really happy folks can discuss it as a conversation.

As we cannot yet put hands to the phone here in the USA its pros and cons discussed in this manner that will help me decide if I should change my Z30 for the Passport.

Looking forward to hearing from more folks who already have the phone and use it in this way and how you can make it work, or not, for you.
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    11-30-14 10:37 AM
    As far as everyday use outside of the gym, if it's not in my pocket (and yes, somewhat uncomfortable there) it's in my passport holder. I bought an actual around-the-neck travel passport holder. It might look stupid, but, I'm not one to give a turd what other folks think.... which also contributes to why I have the Passport. LOL But, what's great about it is that it zips up (rain safety) and gestures still respond very well through the clear plastic front. Ta'da!
    That's a great idea.

Posted via CB10
    anon(1035135) likes this.
    11-30-14 10:53 AM
    I think I'm done with it. I really do like the device but for me the thing is just to huge for daily use. Its a great phone but for every day use I just can't make it work anymore. I need something smaller for it to be practical. I'm a business professional and for work its great, it fits into my suit jacket pocket very nice and there are no issues. But outside of work I find myself wanting something smaller. I'm very active and it is difficult doing certain things with it and I really don't want to carry two devices or have another device because I have to because this one is too big. Forget about going to the gym with this thing. Its impossible to work out with this phone without it either falling out of your pocket or weighing your pocket down and there is no way to do any type of cardio exercise with it or put it into any type of arm band for running. Forget about putting it into your jeans and not knowing its there every time you sit down (and no I don't wear skinny jeans). I'm a tall guy and at 6'6 215lbs I thought this phone would make sense for me as I have large hands and like a larger screen (like on the Z30 and even the size of the Z10 screen). Last night my wife and I went to a concert and the entire time I can feel the Passport in my pants pocket and it was beyond annoying. I really don't want my phone to let me know its there at every waking moment and if I put it into my pocket I'd like for it to be felt vibrating but not feel it bulging out every time I sit down. I also typically put my phone into an outside coat breast pocket and the winter coat I have the Passport was too wide for it to fit into. I knew the size of it going in and I thought I could get past it but I just don't think it will work for me.

I know I'll get flamed for this but I do want to say that I think the Passport is a great device and that there is a definite audience for it, unfortunately I am not in that crowd. I'm going to go back to my Z30 for now and I think I'll give the Classic a shot when it comes out as I did enjoy having a keyboard again and the form factor looks nice. I love the form factor of the Z10 but I the battery life is just too poor for me to consider using one again. I wish BB would release an American version of the Z3 as it looks like it would be just about the perfect size and weight and who knows, maybe they will. Just wanted to share some of my experiences with the phone. I've picked up some great tips in this forum and wish you all well with your Passports.
    Your post looks great and super easy to read on my passport! To each his own though.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 O2 UK
    vvvhhh8 and chinmay007 like this.
    11-30-14 11:06 AM
    Your post looks great and super easy to read on my passport! To each his own though.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 O2 UK
    Great! Now go run a few miles with it in your pocket. Or go outside and work in your yard with it in your pocket or go sit for an extended period at the movies in your pocket. Point being I never said the screen wasn't great or things didn't look good on it.
    SomeoneOrOther likes this.
    11-30-14 11:27 AM
    Thank you for the earnest post -- it's definitely a useful tidbit for anyone whose only trepidation or concern for getting one might be the size.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 11:36 AM
    I'm an electrician and carry the passport in my front left pocket all the time. With my toolbelt around my waste. Rarely even notice it's there until it rings. Never had an issue.

Via CB 10 PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    Andy_bb_king and Barbareren like this.
    11-30-14 11:57 AM
168 12345 ...