Good points to the OP. I use my Passport at the gym. I listen to music (Spotify, Music player).

For the equipment (threadmill, ellipticals), they have stands for you to put the device so it isn't a big deal. The one thing I really miss is a way to quickly jump to the next track (like Apple), you can only stop/start music. You can't even change the volume without touching the device.

When doing situps, I actually put the phone on my stomach while working out. It is wide enough so it doesn't slip. Otherwise, I would hold on to it while doing the exercise.

When doing outdoor activities, I would have a cargo pants or jacket to put the phone in so it isn't a big deal. I have yet to gone for a long distance run with it, but I believe I can use one of those runner pouch belt if I need to do it (also to put IDs, keys and stuff).

Yes, it is big, but I believe it is manageable. I haven't hit a roadblock with my use cases for it yet.
    ponpiri likes this.
    11-30-14 06:32 PM
    I don't find any usefulness in your post; whether you keep your PP or part way with it is your business and no one could care less; at least I don't.
    No one asked you to read it or comment on it.
    Smply_Rckless likes this.
    11-30-14 06:45 PM
    No one asked you to read it or comment on it.
    Hey, it's a public forum; you post here you get feedback...
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    11-30-14 06:54 PM
    Hey, it's a public forum; you post here you get feedback...
    Just like you get threads you might not find valuable.
    11-30-14 06:55 PM
    Just like you get threads you might not find valuable.
    Right...
    Would you be interested to know why I shed $900+ on a red PP? Don't think you do...
    Have a good one
    11-30-14 07:00 PM
    Blah blah blah

Posted via CB10
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    11-30-14 07:03 PM
    Right...
    Would you be interested to know why I shed $900+ on a red PP? Don't think you do...
    Have a good one
    Actually a lot of people in here did find it useful. You didn't and thats fine but again no one asked you to read or comment and there's no need to come into a thread just to be a ****. You have a good one too.
    11-30-14 07:14 PM
    I don't find any usefulness in your post; whether you keep your PP or part way with it is your business and no one could care less; at least I don't.
    FWIW your post doesn't have any usefulness. Why comment at all if you couldn't care less about his post.

Posted from an ME173X
    11-30-14 07:21 PM
    Right...
    Have a good one
    Trying to justify your purchase? Looks like buyer's remorse to me.

Posted from an ME173X
    11-30-14 07:25 PM
    This threads took a turn for the worst. To get back to where it started. The passport form is not for everybody. Just like my wife isn't
    However, some people just want a phone that you don't realise you have on you. The extra width of the Pp will be awkward in a trouser pocket and would be better off somewhere else, bag, shirt etc

For some that's not an issue but for others obviously it is. We're all different that's what makes us the same.

Right, I need to get back to bench pressing 250kg in just my thong. Now where do I put my Z10?

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 07:27 PM
    FWIW your post doesn't have any usefulness. Why comment at all if you couldn't care less about his post.

Posted from an ME173X
    Actually he said he could care less, so he must really care!!!!!
    southlander likes this.
    11-30-14 07:28 PM
    This turned from being a respectful thread discussion to a straight up **** show.... come on guys!

Posted via CB10
    ponpiri and app_Developer like this.
    11-30-14 07:30 PM
    Actually he said he could care less, so he must really care!!!!!
    Lol! That has got to be one of the misused phrases here.

Posted from an ME173X
    11-30-14 07:32 PM
    oh why? people are free to make their choices...especially how they spend their money ...or is that suddenly not allowed without approval of some committee
    11-30-14 07:42 PM
    Unless I missed it, I didn't see anyone mention anything about an iPhone. Only Q10's, Z10's, Z30's, and the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    Hey.... I mentioned my Q5....
    11-30-14 08:27 PM
    Hey I don't talk about poor battery on my z10.

But everytime I mention that my z10 battery isn't so bad, people question my honesty or whether or not I actually use the phone. Simply turning off connectivity one doesn't need at any given time is apparently too much effort for some.
    dmateo likes this.
    11-30-14 08:32 PM
    Just an idea. I currently work out with my LG Optimus G (soon to be replaced by Z30) with Bluetooth headphones with my phone in my carry on gym bag (along with gloves, wallet, keys, and towel). I listen to music this way. I grab my bag to each exercise. If I had the Passport, I would be able to do the same. The compartments would easily fit it on the outside pouch. I know its not convenient, but there are always workarounds. The Passport is very much like the Hummer H2. Its almost obnoxiously big. But it does what it needs to do extremely well. Not everyone can drive a hummer for everyday use. Those that do, improvise.
    11-30-14 09:04 PM
    Hey I don't talk about poor battery on my z10.

But everytime I mention that my z10 battery isn't so bad, people question my honesty or whether or not I actually use the phone. Simply turning off connectivity one doesn't need at any given time is apparently too much effort for some.
    I always need the internet and my z10 Cldnt give me up to 6 hrs of that. Sad

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 09:17 PM
    I second that about Digital River! Horrible service!
    11-30-14 09:24 PM
    I think I'm done with it. I really do like the device but for me the thing is just to huge for daily use. Its a great phone but for every day use I just can't make it work anymore. I need something smaller for it to be practical. I'm a business professional and for work its great, it fits into my suit jacket pocket very nice and there are no issues. But outside of work I find myself wanting something smaller. I'm very active and it is difficult doing certain things with it and I really don't want to carry two devices or have another device because I have to because this one is too big. Forget about going to the gym with this thing. Its impossible to work out with this phone without it either falling out of your pocket or weighing your pocket down and there is no way to do any type of cardio exercise with it or put it into any type of arm band for running. Forget about putting it into your jeans and not knowing its there every time you sit down (and no I don't wear skinny jeans). I'm a tall guy and at 6'6 215lbs I thought this phone would make sense for me as I have large hands and like a larger screen (like on the Z30 and even the size of the Z10 screen). Last night my wife and I went to a concert and the entire time I can feel the Passport in my pants pocket and it was beyond annoying. I really don't want my phone to let me know its there at every waking moment and if I put it into my pocket I'd like for it to be felt vibrating but not feel it bulging out every time I sit down. I also typically put my phone into an outside coat breast pocket and the winter coat I have the Passport was too wide for it to fit into. I knew the size of it going in and I thought I could get past it but I just don't think it will work for me.

I know I'll get flamed for this but I do want to say that I think the Passport is a great device and that there is a definite audience for it, unfortunately I am not in that crowd. I'm going to go back to my Z30 for now and I think I'll give the Classic a shot when it comes out as I did enjoy having a keyboard again and the form factor looks nice. I love the form factor of the Z10 but I the battery life is just too poor for me to consider using one again. I wish BB would release an American version of the Z3 as it looks like it would be just about the perfect size and weight and who knows, maybe they will. Just wanted to share some of my experiences with the phone. I've picked up some great tips in this forum and wish you all well with your Passports.
    Maybe get the classic? I understand your statement I run in to those issues sometimes.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 10:04 PM
    I'll trade you plus a little cash for my Z30? =P Mine's unlocked ;-)
    11-30-14 10:39 PM
    I always need the internet and my z10 Cldnt give me up to 6 hrs of that. Sad

Posted via CB10
    Actually, that is sad.

I would complain about the battery as well if 6 hours was all I got.
    11-30-14 11:07 PM
    Really. So having your phone with you as a music player doesn't make any sense to you? Heard of airplane mode?
    I keep my phone with me in case of an emergency but I use my ipod for music (I have 8,000+ songs). I carry a pouch at the gym, though or keep my items in my band.

Some people are being too defensive here...
    11-30-14 11:44 PM
    It's like the size of a Canadian passport.

If you can carry that then the device should be ok

Yes it's a BlackBerry. If you have something bad to say... speak to Easton!
    11-30-14 11:46 PM
    I always have my passport in a jacket pocket, never in my trousers or holster... it's just a lot classier pulling the phone out from the inside breast pocket of a suit jacket. Haha!

Posted via CB10
    islandp and xBURK like this.
    12-01-14 12:05 AM
168 ... 34567