Agreed, useful feedback for me as I have similar concerns and a similar lifestyle from the sound of it... think I'll go for the classic instead

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 12:00 PM
    Great! Now go run a few miles with it in your pocket. Or go outside and work in your yard with it in your pocket or go sit for an extended period at the movies in your pocket. Point being I never said the screen wasn't great or things didn't look good on it.
    I put it in my jacket breast pocket or shirt pocket. I'm a businessman. This is a business phone. It's not constructed for outdoor work or jogging and the dimensions were released prior to the phone being available. Surely anyone with a ruler would know what it's suitable for before purchasing the 500 pound phone.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 O2 UK
    11-30-14 12:20 PM
    I put it in my jacket breast pocket or shirt pocket. I'm a businessman. This is a business phone. It's not constructed for outdoor work or jogging and the dimensions were released prior to the phone being available. Surely anyone with a ruler would know what it's suitable for before purchasing the 500 pound phone.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 O2 UK
    He wasn't railing on it. He was explaining why it wasn't a good fit for him as an everyday device. His points are valid. It can work for you and not for him. That's why there are so many options.
    southlander likes this.
    11-30-14 12:56 PM
    Well, let me burst your bubble right away... it won't fit your bikinis at the beach...

same here. I dont take my Z10 or my work phone into the gym with me. I dont listen to music while at the gym either. that hour, 4-5 times a week at the gym is quiet time for me! Just ordered the Passport. so, not a problem there. but i am concerned about it fitting in a pocket, especially in the summer.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 01:20 PM
    Well, due to some "upgrades" trouble due to my wifi, I had to use my Z30 for a day.
    While there are definitely some advantages with Z30, I was so glad to get my PP back.
    Yet, as most of my accounts and files are online, I could choose in several occasions to switch before I leave home.
    But the forced switch happend last week ... and I've not felt I had to since ...
    11-30-14 02:08 PM
    Kkkkkkkn. Klk

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 02:11 PM
    Nakloppllllllm.m
    Mmlppuono
    Lkkk

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 02:12 PM
    Lol - sorry guys my two year old daughter was playing with my phone

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 02:16 PM
    I went to a the store in my town of which I knew it carries the Passport and held a dummy in my hands. The screen is so big. I'm used to my Z30, but the Passport made its 5" look small. I am definitely grabbing myself a Passport in due time.
    11-30-14 02:26 PM
    Can you buy and sell securities with it ? I had troubles with numeric entry, even on websites. (Q10)

My grandma never tracked her workouts, she was 98. Not everyone does, or cares.
    LOL. Okay.

My grandma never used a phone either. God bless grandmas.
    11-30-14 02:50 PM
    you all talk about poor battery on z10, but I get a full day with heavy usage out of mine. Guess i got lucky. 18 hours+ on a charge.
    11-30-14 02:51 PM
    I am enjoying this conversation about the phone and am really happy folks can discuss it as a conversation.

As we cannot yet put hands to the phone here in the USA its pros and cons discussed in this manner that will help me decide if I should change my Z30 for the Passport.

Looking forward to hearing from more folks who already have the phone and use it in this way and how you can make it work, or not, for you.
    Agreed.

Quite the useful topic. It's what the community is all about.

I use my phone extensively, so hearing how others are able/unable to make it work across different scenarios is fantastic.
    11-30-14 02:54 PM
    If people are concerned maybe they should try cutting 128 mm x 90mm out of a piece of 9mm ply or similar and try carrying it about in their pocket all week to see how much it gets on their nerves.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 03:07 PM
    Well, let me burst your bubble right away... it won't fit your bikinis at the beach...

Posted via CB10
    Then its not going to work for me!!.

regarding Gym..of course its not quiet Environment. when I mean gym time is quiet time. not getting bothered by the phone. That one hour of the day, I can get away from that.
    11-30-14 03:13 PM

regarding Gym..of course its not quiet Environment. when I mean gym time is quiet time. not getting bothered by the phone. That one hour of the day, I can get away from that.
    I can respect that.
    11-30-14 03:20 PM
    My friend had iphone 6 plus but he sold it and bought the BlackBerry Passport. He liked my Phone and it is only 1 cm wider and also 3 cm shorter that the iPhone 6 plus. So how big is really big, no the Z10 or iPhone 5S
    11-30-14 04:12 PM
    I am not really a big guy but when I put it in my front pocket at right side of my trousers, I don't feel it at all.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1151
    11-30-14 04:19 PM
    that's pretty sad, you should always feel it...

I am not really a big guy but when I put it in my front pocket at right side of my trousers, I don't feel it at all.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1151
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-30-14 04:23 PM
    I think I'm done with this thread. Unsubbed

Posted via my Classic Passport
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    11-30-14 04:42 PM

Well not for generation "Facebook" obviously. Really, when you are in the gym, it's time to get INTENSE. But all I see is chit chatting on groups, making "selfies" and talking! At the gym you must leave your phone in the locker! Period. Undistracted and focused on your work-out!
    11-30-14 05:18 PM
    Well not for generation "Facebook" obviously. Really, when you are in the gym, it's time to get INTENSE. But all I see is chit chatting on groups, making "selfies" and talking! At the gym you must leave your phone in the locker! Period. Undistracted and focused on your work-out!
    Really. So having your phone with you as a music player doesn't make any sense to you? Heard of airplane mode?
    11-30-14 05:25 PM
    My friend had iphone 6 plus but he sold it and bought the BlackBerry Passport. He liked my Phone and it is only 1 cm wider and also 3 cm shorter that the iPhone 6 plus. So how big is really big, no the Z10 or iPhone 5S

And you feel that that is relevant how?
    11-30-14 05:29 PM

You do realize that you can turn off notifications on your phone so you don't get any calls, texts, notifications of any kind and still use it as a music player. The point is I don't want it at the gym to use it for anything but a music player and it doesn't work for me in that area because of the size of it. If you don't care about having a music player while you workout that's fine, but don't say that you can't turn all of that off and still make the phone valuable to have at the gym if you don't want to carry multiple devices.
    11-30-14 05:33 PM
    I never said anything about not being able to turn off notifications, ha!..of course I am aware of that!
    I don't need my phone for anything at the gym. No music, no video,text, Facebook, email,calls..etc.
    So I think it's ok to leave it in locker,home,car.
    I think I'm ok without my device for an hour. Ha!!

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 06:22 PM
    I think I'm done with it. I really do like the device but for me the thing is just to huge for daily use. Its a great phone but for every day use I just can't make it work anymore. I need something smaller for it to be practical. I'm a business professional and ...
    I don't find any usefulness in your post; whether you keep your PP or part way with it is your business and no one could care less; at least I don't.
    11-30-14 06:29 PM
168 ... 23456 ...