Better antenna, better speakers, bigger screen makes it much easier to type as well as better for viewing videos, playing games etc. I've had both, after using a Z30 I couldn't go back to a Z10. The 30 is what the 10 should have been.
    I agree, I had both and after the Z30 I couldn't go back the the Z10. I am a two handed typist and the Z10 just feels too cramped. And I think the fact that the battery alone makes it well worth the upgrade. I'm on the Passport now and feel the same way... I can't go back to the Z series without feeling a loss of joy for how well I can type on this phone. And it's just such a beaut. Really stands out from the other devices out there.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    Alfisti2016 and tuxedo323 like this.
    11-29-14 06:35 PM
    weekly hope pay pal can help if needed. so they ship from Indiana and not overseas? I order it Friday I'm hoping to get tracking maybe tomorrow.
    11-29-14 06:53 PM
    Take mine to the gym religiously. Stays in my jacket under lock and key in the changing room. Seriously don't want to be disturbed while I'm working out.
    Yeah I could lug a laptop to the gym with me too and lock it up in a locker and not use it. The point is that I want to have my phone with me when I work out to listen to music and if need be answer a call if I have to and the Passport doesn't work for me here.
    cornishman likes this.
    11-29-14 07:02 PM
    I think I'm done with it. I really do like the device but for me the thing is just to huge for daily use. Its a great phone but for every day use I just can't make it work anymore. I need something smaller for it to be practical. I'm a business professional and for work its great, it fits into my suit jacket pocket very nice and there are no issues. But outside of work I find myself wanting something smaller. I'm very active and it is difficult doing certain things with it and I really don't want to carry two devices or have another device because I have to because this one is too big. Forget about going to the gym with this thing. Its impossible to work out with this phone without it either falling out of your pocket or weighing your pocket down and there is no way to do any type of cardio exercise with it or put it into any type of arm band for running. Forget about putting it into your jeans and not knowing its there every time you sit down (and no I don't wear skinny jeans). I'm a tall guy and at 6'6 215lbs I thought this phone would make sense for me as I have large hands and like a larger screen (like on the Z30 and even the size of the Z10 screen). Last night my wife and I went to a concert and the entire time I can feel the Passport in my pants pocket and it was beyond annoying. I really don't want my phone to let me know its there at every waking moment and if I put it into my pocket I'd like for it to be felt vibrating but not feel it bulging out every time I sit down. I also typically put my phone into an outside coat breast pocket and the winter coat I have the Passport was too wide for it to fit into. I knew the size of it going in and I thought I could get past it but I just don't think it will work for me.

I know I'll get flamed for this but I do want to say that I think the Passport is a great device and that there is a definite audience for it, unfortunately I am not in that crowd. I'm going to go back to my Z30 for now and I think I'll give the Classic a shot when it comes out as I did enjoy having a keyboard again and the form factor looks nice. I love the form factor of the Z10 but I the battery life is just too poor for me to consider using one again. I wish BB would release an American version of the Z3 as it looks like it would be just about the perfect size and weight and who knows, maybe they will. Just wanted to share some of my experiences with the phone. I've picked up some great tips in this forum and wish you all well with your Passports.
    If you want portability, and a physical keyabord, the classic may be the phone for you. You will be sacrificing screen real estate coming from the passport and any full touch device but it'll definitely be a larger experience than a Q10. I love the Q10. It's a great device, but trying to use it even for a couple of hours after having the passport seems almost undoable. The Q10 screen is just too small for me now. The Classic seems like a great alternative if that pkb is what you're looking for.

I hope you stay with BlackBerry! If not, we understand. We all hope you find the perfect device that suits your needs!

Posted via my Classic Passport
    11-29-14 07:15 PM
    Each to their own, when I'm sweating blood in the gym it's "me time", anyone wants to contact me they can wait. I have a DAP for listening to music on.
    11-29-14 07:16 PM
    No flaming....well said.

Donations accepted here, by the way.
    blaisealphanso likes this.
    11-29-14 07:41 PM
    Each to their own, when I'm sweating blood in the gym it's "me time", anyone wants to contact me they can wait. I have a DAP for listening to music on.
    Good point. My phone doesn't come with me. No mipod either. Just me myself and I, and a couple bottles of water

Posted via my Classic Passport
    11-29-14 07:44 PM
    How do you track workouts?
    11-29-14 07:44 PM
    Same opinion. Stock is not available in VN yet but to me, PP is too big to move around. Even though it is a very nice device, I am still looking for the BB Classic, due to it shape.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-14 07:48 PM
    If you have kids you don't own me time you rent it and they are your landlord. You don't want to be unplugged if something happens.
    11-29-14 08:00 PM
    I think I'm done with it. I really do like the device but for me the thing is just to huge for daily use. Its a great phone but for every day use I just can't make it work anymore. I need something smaller for it to be practical. I'm a business professional and for work its great, it fits into my suit jacket pocket very nice and there are no issues. But outside of work I find myself wanting something smaller. I'm very active and it is difficult doing certain things with it and I really don't want to carry two devices or have another device because I have to because this one is too big. Forget about going to the gym with this thing. Its impossible to work out with this phone without it either falling out of your pocket or weighing your pocket down and there is no way to do any type of cardio exercise with it or put it into any type of arm band for running. Forget about putting it into your jeans and not knowing its there every time you sit down (and no I don't wear skinny jeans). I'm a tall guy and at 6'6 215lbs I thought this phone would make sense for me as I have large hands and like a larger screen (like on the Z30 and even the size of the Z10 screen). Last night my wife and I went to a concert and the entire time I can feel the Passport in my pants pocket and it was beyond annoying. I really don't want my phone to let me know its there at every waking moment and if I put it into my pocket I'd like for it to be felt vibrating but not feel it bulging out every time I sit down. I also typically put my phone into an outside coat breast pocket and the winter coat I have the Passport was too wide for it to fit into. I knew the size of it going in and I thought I could get past it but I just don't think it will work for me.

I know I'll get flamed for this but I do want to say that I think the Passport is a great device and that there is a definite audience for it, unfortunately I am not in that crowd. I'm going to go back to my Z30 for now and I think I'll give the Classic a shot when it comes out as I did enjoy having a keyboard again and the form factor looks nice. I love the form factor of the Z10 but I the battery life is just too poor for me to consider using one again. I wish BB would release an American version of the Z3 as it looks like it would be just about the perfect size and weight and who knows, maybe they will. Just wanted to share some of my experiences with the phone. I've picked up some great tips in this forum and wish you all well with your Passports.
    I actually agree with your posting and I have made the decision to put my Passport up for sale and try for the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-14 08:32 PM
    If you're in Canada and you want to get rid of it, name me your best price please
    11-29-14 08:42 PM
    I can understand what the OP is saying. I love my Passport, but it sits in my bag. It is not my primary phone.

It's still a very, very good email machine. Just not a phone, really.
    11-29-14 08:44 PM
    While I can understand, I don't share your opinion. I only wear slim not skinny jeans and dress pants and unless I think about it I don't notice my Passport (I don't even own a pair of bummy pants or sweatpants)

I don't work out but I do play sports so my phone isn't on me but I think that's what your strongest argument.

At the end of the day, the heart wants what the heart wants! I believe the small sacrifice of using both hands for typing is a small one.

I hope you find what you're looking for.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-14 08:59 PM
    It is a big phone. However, it still goes with me to the gym. I'm big into circuit training (i.e. Power cleans, pull-ups, run a lap, situps, one after the other, etc..) and I have no issues with it. BUT, that's because I've invested in a FlipBelt. It goes around your waist like a belt and has slide-in pockets. The phone fits tight so it doesn't fall out or shift about. Connect the bt headphones and away I go. It works great, but I have no idea what you would use other than a FlipBelt.

As far as everyday use outside of the gym, if it's not in my pocket (and yes, somewhat uncomfortable there) it's in my passport holder. I bought an actual around-the-neck travel passport holder. It might look stupid, but, I'm not one to give a turd what other folks think.... which also contributes to why I have the Passport. LOL But, what's great about it is that it zips up (rain safety) and gestures still respond very well through the clear plastic front. Ta'da!

That being said, I still get your concerns. It's a great phone, but it's size and shape can be a burden.
    liltoadie likes this.
    11-29-14 09:41 PM
    These are all legitimate reasons to shy away from the Passport, as much as I love mine. Going from a Bold to a Passport, I definitely notice the phone in my pocket more now. To me, I accept it as a tradeoff but here is where I do think the Classic could fill in this middle ground niche quite well.
    ponpiri likes this.
    11-29-14 09:55 PM
    quick question, mind sharing a link to the flipbelt you use at the gym for the PP? thanks!

It is a big phone. However, it still goes with me to the gym. I'm big into circuit training (i.e. Power cleans, pull-ups, run a lap, situps, one after the other, etc..) and I have no issues with it. BUT, that's because I've invested in a FlipBelt. It goes around your waist like a belt and has slide-in pockets. The phone fits tight so it doesn't fall out or shift about. Connect the bt headphones and away I go. It works great, but I have no idea what you would use other than a FlipBelt.

As far as everyday use outside of the gym, if it's not in my pocket (and yes, somewhat uncomfortable there) it's in my passport holder. I bought an actual around-the-neck travel passport holder. It might look stupid, but, I'm not one to give a turd what other folks think.... which also contributes to why I have the Passport. LOL But, what's great about it is that it zips up (rain safety) and gestures still respond very well through the clear plastic front. Ta'da!

That being said, I still get your concerns. It's a great phone, but it's size and shape can be a burden.
    11-29-14 10:00 PM
    Definitely understand the OPs problems with the Passport. I took the time to stop by a Future Shop to check one out and felt the same the instant I picked one up. It just seemed monstrous in my hands (and my hands aren't small). I couldn't see myself using one as a daily driver. I'm not much of a button guy anyway.
    Love the Z30, though. This phone is the perfect size and it's plenty powerful for my needs. Not the powerhouse of the PP, but it does have more oomph than my Z10....and more than double the battery life.

Now brought to you by the amazing Z30!
    andy957 likes this.
    11-29-14 10:07 PM
    Say it ain't so??

I actually agree with your posting and I have made the decision to put my Passport up for sale and try for the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-14 10:13 PM
    About the gym things mentioned here.....And like what? The iPhone 6 or 6+ is gonna feel smaller on your upper arm in a plastic case with a wide elastic? Really?
    11-29-14 10:16 PM
    quick question, mind sharing a link to the flipbelt you use at the gym for the PP? thanks!
    http://flipbelt.com/

Posted via CB10
    gallopiton likes this.
    11-29-14 10:17 PM
    I love the size of it and use it as a music player at the gym all the time. It doesn't feel big to me at all.
    11-29-14 10:22 PM
    About the gym things mentioned here.....And like what? The iPhone 6 or 6+ is gonna feel smaller on your upper arm in a plastic case with a wide elastic? Really?
    Unless I missed it, I didn't see anyone mention anything about an iPhone. Only Q10's, Z10's, Z30's, and the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    11-29-14 10:23 PM
    Say it ain't so??
    Yes unfortunately it is. Great phone but just not what I was hoping for. Still have my Z30, but I'm looking at the Classic now.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-14 11:05 PM
    That's why I think a mini version of the passport would fit the needs of others. I know that the classic is suppose to fit that market but the classic is different since it has a full keyboard.

I think the capacitive keyboard is one great innovation. Also having a smaller keyboard allows for a shorter/smaller device.

Again, it may be just me, but a mini passport may catch on.

Posted via CB10
    beau326 likes this.
    11-29-14 11:20 PM
168 1234 ...