I think BlackBerry is employing the "It's not for you, you can't get it" ploy with 10.3.2 rollout!!!! Come on already, we want it

Posted via CB10
    06-10-15 05:04 AM
    I was at an ATM the other day with Passport in hand. Guy behind me in the queue clocked me and said "Get me a tenner, you look rich!"
    I just said 'Looks can be deceiving'..
    06-10-15 06:00 AM
    I tell folks, I love my passport but it's not for everyone.... (ie not for you!)
    This peaks their interest and they ask me how to get it.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-15 09:03 AM
    I just smile and say, its for smart people.

LMAO
    anon(153966) likes this.
    06-10-15 11:07 AM
    I tell folks, I love my passport but it's not for everyone.... (ie not for you!)
    This peaks their interest and they ask me how to get it.

Posted via CB10
    I think you mean it "piques" their interest. Unless their interest was already piqued and your saying that has put them literally at the height of their excitement, you silver-tongued devil. ;-)
    aaasingh likes this.
    06-10-15 11:55 AM
    I think you mean it "piques" their interest. Unless their interest was already piqued and your saying that has put them literally at the height of their excitement, you silver-tongued devil. ;-)
    you cunning linguist...
    06-10-15 12:05 PM
    I think you meant "...you're saying..."

Your ≠ contraction form of you are

And while we're at it, your entire comment employs conflicting tenses and is filled with unnecessary verbiage.
    06-10-15 12:09 PM
    These are the two things that come to mind when asked about my Magnificent Blackberry Passport.

I tell people "It's not for you. You can't get it."-img_20150610_125140.jpg

06-10-15 12:13 PM
    I told someone it was a "restricted sale" item.

When he asked what that meant, I told him it was only approved for sale to certain individuals. I really was dying of laughter deep down.

Posted via CB10
    I'm gonna start using that, especially since there aren't a lot of them in the wild out here(Australia).

I think it, Penny(the Passport) spits it out.
    06-10-15 12:46 PM

And while we're at it, your entire comment employs conflicting tenses and is filled with unnecessary verbiage.
    You would be right to see it that way, but the way I employed it is also correct.

I'm not saying "he is saying", I'm saying "his saying". The two work equally well.

Nice try, though.

EDIT: I take it back. On further re-reading, my initial phrasing was correct and your attempt at correcting it was incorrect and doesn't work.

What I was saying was that his saying "the passport is not for you" is what peaks their already-piqued interests.

If you switch the word to "you're", then you run into those phrasing and tense issues you described, so I can see why you were confused, Poi25.
    Last edited by SpamHammer; 06-10-15 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Clarified phrasing.
    06-10-15 02:22 PM

Uh huh! You're is the shortened form of you are, and your means belonging to you

Amazing Blackberry Passport! SQW100-1. 10-3-1-1779
    06-11-15 02:52 AM
61 123