I think your on to something with that idea. New Yorkers like not being able to get things the rest of the world takes for granted. In New York City you cannot own a handgun or a Big Gulp. Now you cannot get a BlackBerry. The retail price on a BlackBerry Classic will be $3500.00. LOL
    06-07-15 05:49 AM
    I say it's a BlackBerry from 2006, most just respond "Oh, cool."
    Haha, appealing to the hipster market.

"Yeah, I only like to use vintage preowned devices, preferably from a super rare brand these days. You've probably never even heard of this model. You can't even get it anymore."

Posted via CB10
    06-07-15 09:17 AM
    Haha, appealing to the hipster market.

"Yeah, I only like to use vintage preowned devices, preferably from a super rare brand these days. You've probably never even heard of this model. You can't even get it anymore."

Posted via CB10
    Excellent idea. Might I suggest that you throw a few more buzz words in to get the hipster market in a frenzy? "Crafted by smartphone artisans of old..." "Locally sourced kale infused 3450 mAh battery..." "Urban free range Gorilla Glass..."

Hey, the idea of making something seem exclusive worked for Eric Cartman and his amusement park, why can't it work for BlackBerry?
    SpamHammer likes this.
    06-07-15 01:18 PM
    One thing for certain, you can't have mine!
    06-07-15 01:20 PM
    Excellent idea. Might I suggest that you throw a few more buzz words in to get the hipster market in a frenzy? "Crafted by smartphone artisans of old..." "Locally sourced kale infused 3450 mAh battery..." "Urban free range Gorilla Glass..."

Hey, the idea of making something seem exclusive worked for Eric Cartman and his amusement park, why can't it work for BlackBerry?
    Most importantly, it's gluten free.
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    06-07-15 02:15 PM
    So, you guys lie about your phone, basically. If they care enough to take the time and Google your phone and find out anyone can just buy one unlocked from Amazon, I'm sure they have themselves a nice chuckle.
    Wouldn't be lying to Verizon customers.
    06-07-15 02:19 PM
    Since BlackBerry isn't going to market, neither am I. When people notice my passport, I show them the few typical things, like we all do, and then tell them they can't have it.

In NYC, sometimes telling people they can't have something is better than telling them exactly where to find it.
    you maybe onto something here.

Is this not a human psyche telling those with Money, Clout, power they cannot have something? They end up going to get it and braggin about it?

Hmm. Viral marketing launches HUGE sales. I like the ideal on this! Just may work!
    06-07-15 02:35 PM
    I put the number 10 Like on your post

Simply 
    06-07-15 02:40 PM
    Most importantly, it's gluten free.
    Wow, wow, wow there, hipster wannabe! It might be gluten free, but most importantly, is the BlackBerry Passport a level 5 vegan certified device?

Source:
    Last edited by Smitty13; 06-07-15 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Link
    06-07-15 02:47 PM
    So, you guys lie about your phone, basically. If they care enough to take the time and Google your phone and find out anyone can just buy one unlocked from Amazon, I'm sure they have themselves a nice chuckle.
    Most people don't know how to do that.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport.
    RoseBud68 likes this.
    06-07-15 04:47 PM

I tell people "It's not for you. You can't get it."-uhhh.jpg

Posted via my awesome Classic
    06-07-15 05:04 PM
    you maybe onto something here.

Is this not a human psyche telling those with Money, Clout, power they cannot have something? They end up going to get it and braggin about it?

Hmm. Viral marketing launches HUGE sales. I like the ideal on this! Just may work!
    Perceived scarcity creates demand?

Posted via CB10 on Passport.
    06-07-15 11:29 PM
    I have to teach my mom some of these. She got her Passport three days ago and is so proud of it she's giddy. Then last night her grandson's wife insulted it and hurt her feelings.

She came home in a rage and in that instant, I knew there was no way I inherited my phone rage genes from my father.

Posted via CB10
    SmileDahling and EmaliMcrtny like this.
    06-08-15 08:02 AM
    that's mean.....but ingenious for an answer.

I told someone it was a "restricted sale" item.

When he asked what that meant, I told him it was only approved for sale to certain individuals. I really was dying of laughter deep down.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-15 08:13 AM
    This reverse psychology would actually be a great marketing theme for Blackberry - it would create an exclusivity/coolness factor...that is, if only they marketed!
    Don't quote me here because I could be totally out of my mind but I think I read where John Chen was throwing money at the marketing department now. Who knows but I too think it would be cool to market it as a "You aren't cool enough to own one" device. Most Excellent.
    06-08-15 08:56 AM
    BlackBerry, for the elite!

Posted via CB10
    06-08-15 10:22 AM
    When people see my passport they ask what is it and if it's new. Then they talk about how they used to love their blackberry and go on how now they love their iphone/whatever. In the last few years the passports the only device where people say oh cool. But nobody ever says oh I might get one or I'll check It out.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-15 11:29 AM
    Wouldn't be lying to Verizon customers.
    Or Sprint. Or any of the MVNOs and pre-paid services on those guys.
    06-08-15 12:44 PM
    I think Buick is really on to something with their self-deprecating commercials lately involving people not "seeing" the Buick because they expect the old clunker grandma's car and are shocked when they see sleek, modern, sophisticated vehicles.

Let's be honest - BlackBerry's in the exact same space Buick is now and Cadillac was a few years ago: people see them as old and archaic and don't know about the cool new revitalized OS and devices.

BB needs some marketing like Cadillac or Buick. Both took different approaches, but both could work for BlackBerry.

Samsung did something extremely similar with their "The Next Big Thing" ads about 3 years ago, and that's the point where Samsung's sales really took off. They played to the perception that iOS was the big dog and people blindly followed the Apple trend, while lurking in the midst was a sleeper with powerful specs and innovative features quietly getting **** done, and it didn't need the trendy baristas of the world waiting in line for it.
    Doesn't the sound exactly like the Passport and OS10 to anyone else?

I mean, listen to the reactions in the commercial - they sound *exactly* like reactions to the Passport.

Some food for thought.
    mbamd likes this.
    06-08-15 12:51 PM
    Perceived scarcity creates demand?

Posted via CB10 on Passport.
    Yeah.

Example:

iPhone 5S Launch ... Apple Watch ... the lineups at Apple stores for new product launch ... "perceived scarcity" of a product being sold out. Apple has MANY times been "conservative" by analysts about production volume to sustain demand.

Their PROS at the HYPE THE SHIZZ OUT OF A PRODUCT >>>> UNDER DELIVER SUPPLY!
    06-09-15 12:09 AM
    This reverse psychology would actually be a great marketing theme for Blackberry - it would create an exclusivity/coolness factor...that is, if only they marketed!
    Kind of brilliant actually if the phones had better build, quality control, and customer service. I'm a big BlackBerry fan and I've returned an uncomfortable amount of bb10 phones due to defects.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-15 07:53 AM
    So basically be an ******* when someone asks about your phone?

Posted via CB10
    06-09-15 08:26 AM
    So basically be an ******* when someone asks about your phone?

Posted via CB10
    Apparently we're a wounded fanbase, lashing out.

Posted via CB10
    SpamHammer likes this.
    06-09-15 09:20 AM
    Actually the person that is laughing is me. The person at my office that I commented to...prides themselves about being hip and in touch with the newest technology. This same person, as many others that have dismissed Blackberry in the past, are anything BUT hip and on top of technology. They are usually so ingrained in an eco system that they can't see the forest for the trees. That they have no idea about any tech that is father than three foot from the apple tree.

I would never say that Blackberry is for everyone. It is not.
    That is the funny part of the statement that I made. Because I truly do believe that to really get Blackberry you DO have to be some on the move up and require the ability to get things done on the quick. The fact that the person I said it to actually is not that type of person but uses an iPhone 6+ to try to exemplify that they do....that is the funny thing to me.

Posted via CB10
    schlemer likes this.
    06-09-15 06:24 PM
    Yesterday I was asked about my Passport at breakfast. I pointed to the screen (it is VERY square they said, apparently a disadvantage) and the battery life.

Rather than listening to my stats of over 24hrs use before recharging, they went on to show me the 2 different apps they have to use on their Galaxy devices to manage battery usage and another which crashes the clock.

That they see their app mess as an advantage is quite worrying - this is the type of android user that Blackberry needs to be concerned about. An intelligent user who would rather feck around with apps to make it work.

I pointed out that my BlackBerry goes into power-save (when I choose), that I have battery saving that works and my clock has a low-power bedtime mode.

I left them watching videos while I went to work - at 2pm they were both searching for power adapters. Yep, the passport just kept on working!

Posted via CB10
    06-10-15 01:04 AM
61 123